Tottenham vs Arsenal 22/4 pre/post match talk

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Colm, Apr 17, 2006.

1. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Jol is feeling the pressure;

'However, I know we are able to get a result anywhere. But anything can happen. Maybe on Saturday hundreds of squirrels will come on to the pitch and we will have a problem. You cannot prepare yourself for squirrels, so we would probably have to run.'

2. Joe_Sanchez

Joe_Sanchez New Member

Sep 25, 2005
    England
    Does anyone else read Davids' blog? He says we deserve it tomorrow because of how we play and our attitude. Check it out:

http://spaces.msn.com/worldcup-nl-uk/

I think we'll get a draw at least. Maybe even a 0-1 win!

3. Pal11

Pal11 New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Vermont
    So with Jenas out, I'd assume both Davids and Tainio are in, provided they're fit. If either one can't go, put in Murphy.

4. Spur_Forever

Spur_Forever Member

Oct 1, 2005
    DC
    Agreed. I think our best option would be to have Davids in the center and Tainio out on the left. If Davids fecks up/gets tired, then throw in Murphy for the second half. Jenas out might be a blessing in disguise - despite the goal against ManU he hasn't been in his best form lately.

5. FatAndUgly

FatAndUgly New Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Huntington Beeyatch
    lol - I had that one coming

I think I had a point in mind when I started, but I lost it halfway through :eek:

6. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sigged...thanks

7. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! :D

i couldn't stop laughing at that.

8. OrlandoSPUR

OrlandoSPUR **** the Nomads

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Only a little bit longer, I can't ********ing wait. COYS!!! My wife and kid are even getting up at 7:30am for this one......don't worry all you longer term posters I'll make her sit and watch it, because she's a bad omen when she comes in and out.

...I just hope to be trolling the scum board come 10am EST. YID's

9. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    Yeah I comepltly agree. THis is the most excited I have been for any game of any sport in a long time and that includes the Cubs playoff run of a couple years ago. With JJ and Ledley out it's going to be tough. I think that we should give Lennon the start to give Cole a torrid time in his game back.

Apparently Tianio is doubtful, but I think he's going to play as Sky Sports is wrong a lot, except for monday.

I'll be up at the glove at 6:30 for this game...god I wish I was 21.

10. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Please don't go trolling on there board, Knowing Rick you'll just get banned, and i don't want them trolling our board either.

And you want to know a massive suprise? i'm really really nervous!!!! who would of thought it eh? i can't even sleep at the moment i'm that nervous, with all the injuries we've got i'm not looking forward to it.

11. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't think he's playing, He only just completed a his first reserve game in a long time, is still 2 weeks away from getting back according to Wenger

12. deVil_X

deVil_X Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm a Madrid supporter, but I really really like Tottenham, maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm Egyptian and you guys have two of my countrymen on your team. Anyway, don't shoot me, but with the injuries you have, I think Arsenal will win this one. But no need to worry, Tottenham will still get that 4th spot, you heard it here first!

13. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Stop worrying and think positively. Spurs already drew them this season and even though it's at Highbury, they've been playing well and anything can happen. They'll need to tighten the back a bit and score atleast a goal, but there's no reason they can't do that.

14. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    Right, so King's out, Jenas is out (suspected broken leg), Mido apparantly won't be playing in a Spurs shirt again and Davids and Jol had an argument yesterday... :(

At least Tainio's fit and we have Murphy for the middle.

15. SpursGlory

SpursGlory Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Seattle Sounders FC
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Before I go get a few hours sleep prior to getting up and watching this massive game I have one thing to say... C'MON YOU SPURS! BEAT THE ARSE!

16. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    0-0 halftime.

we'd better get something from this match. we were definitely the better side in the first half. three or so excellent opportunities that we didn't finish. controlled the middle, and kept our form at the back. a very good half of football.

i'm sure we'll see henry around the hour mark, which will test our defense well beyond what they've put forward so far.

COME ON YOU SPURS!

17. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Senderos OFF, Eboue IN. 54th minute

Still 0-0

18. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Van Persie and Diaby OFF, Henry and Fabregas ON. 62nd Minute. 0-0

19. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    1-0 Spurs! Robbie Keane! Arsenal have their panties in a twist after 2 of their players collide and go down and Tottenham continue play...

20. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Hows that chant go? Keano? Theres only one Keano? Sounds about right. And Arsene Wenger better sit the ******** down before Marty pimp-slaps him in the face.

21. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're a bit pissed off at the Arsenal boards. :D

22. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    of course they are! i can't wait to talk to my dad about this...he's an arsenal fan :rolleyes:

23. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Wow. How crap were those last 2 minutes...:(

Henry scores...Davids sent off

24. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have to be the stupidest ********ing team on the face of the earth. How many times do we have to do the same ********ing thing and have it fail before we learn our lesson? Every ********ing time we get a lead, we bunker. Arsenal had EIGHTY ********ING PERCENT OF THE POSSESSION before they scored. Why? If you're even TRYING to keep possession, you won't give up that kind of number. It was coming, you could see it the instant we scored. Immediately, we try to play that whole ********ing game inside our own box, and WHAT A ********ING SURPISE...IT DOESN'T ********ING WORK.

If you give up 80% of possession inside your own half, YOU WILL CONCEDE GOALS. We've done this time after time after time, and it never ever ********ing works.

And Martin Jol is a ********ing moron. Leaving Davids on was just flat out stupid. A blind man could see he was on the verge of being sent off.

If he complains after this about not getting the result we deserve YET AGAIN, I'll ********ing vomit. Its because we always let down after scoring a goal and sit in our own half. 80% of possession...what a joke. AND YOU WILL LOSE THE LEAD EVERY ********ING TIME that way. What a ********ing shit start to my day.

25. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well done, fair result. Really impressed with Carrick again. Has Davids played his last for Spurs?