Tottenham show interest in Iranian star

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Karimi_Is_God, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Gaddaffi's son is not an Asian player.

2. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Sorry, slight geographical error. Doesn't Libya count as Middle East, or is it Africa?

3. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The Middle East is not a continent, but rather a region including the Arab states plus the non-Arab states of Iran, Turkey and Israel.

4. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    ever heard of Italian league?... there is this defender who played more than any other defender last season (he missed only 1 game and played the rest full time)... look it up! ;)

I don't see any reason for this anti-Iranian hype... we came here after hearing a rumor and were nothing but respectful... now if you guys can't take respectful then we have to change to adapt :p

5. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Please don't try and belittle me. Your patronis-ation is totally misplaced.

I did say "typically", and you've given ONE example. One out of several thousand players playing in said country is certainly the exception rather than the rule.

I did say "there are 3 in England, i don't know if any in Spain and a couple in Italy", such as the one you mentioned.

6. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    it has nothing to do with me being overpatriotic.... it's just that from the ones that moved to Europe most of them are doing fine or achieved something special... not just come and play their usual game but actually moving to the next level (I can only speak of Iranian players).... now to why we don't have a lot of them around if what I’m saying is true?, there are a lot of reasons involved perhaps you might not believe in existence of political issues so the next thing would be poor scouting and lack of financial motives (sponsoring, selling jerseys, etc...).... as a person who watches Iranian league and players in NT, I don't see them being less of a players than the Europeans but they have less experience I have to admit!

7. Karimi_Is_God

Karimi_Is_God New Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Toronto
    First of all, Bayern is one of the top 5 sides in the world. Second of all, He had many other offers from Italy and Spain. Of course he wouldn't go to England...he dribbles too much to play in the English league (a league in which individual play is unheard of)

And we'll just have to wait and see how he does with Bayern and i'm sure he'll become a superstar. Karimi can't be compared with the likes of other Iranian players like Mahdavikia, Daei, Hashemian etc. He is levels above all of them and u will see wat i mean in August when the bundeliga season starts and in the Champions League.

8. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    I watch a lot of Bundesliga, and this statement, for the most part, is describing it also. Fact is, the league in which a player can be most creative with the ball, IMO, is La Liga.

9. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York

ok, we get the point!

10. Rmort99

Rmort99 New Member

Jun 30, 2004

I like the bit about individual play being unheard of in england. Ever heard of Rooney, Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Bergkamp, Hoddle, Charlton, Zola, Cantona, Shearer blah blah blah

It's not that we don't like iranian players, we just don't trust them

11. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York

...yeah...the all have mustache's. Never trust a man with a mustache. Some bits of food that live in the mustache can cause harm and discomfort to others.

12. Karimi_Is_God

Karimi_Is_God New Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Toronto
    You're stupid. Not one single player on Iran's national team has a mustache.

13. OrlandoSPUR

OrlandoSPUR **** the Nomads

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I think the discussion has ended on this one. Can only go down hill from here. Mods maybe a good idea to lock it up. Cheers no offense to our Iranian chums.

14. Karimi_Is_God

Karimi_Is_God New Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Toronto
    Actually the Discussion ended here. We were talking about a possible transfer of Nekounam to Tottenham when this stupid person decided to post something stupid like this, which is not true at all and has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

15. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    if anything back in the days ALi Daei scored 2 goals against Chelsea and 1 against AC milan with mustache and proved to be very trust worthy ;)

16. Hashari

Hashari New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    its hossein kaebi................his the little fast guy...

17. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    I was joking. In england, we have this thing called English humour.....no, never mind...

18. Rmort99

Rmort99 New Member

Jun 30, 2004

Humour in Iran? They'll cut out your tongue

19. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Come on, this is just English sarcasm. No need to get in a hissy fit over it. There was no offence intended.

20. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York

...I don't like to thank Arsenal fans normally, but hey, you are a moderator.

Can I have my 1 green square back please? :eek:

21. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

LOL, yeah I bet posting that hurt!! Nope, coz I have given too much rep recently to those that posted messages throughout yesterday. Far more deserving than Spurs scum....... ;) :p

22. OrlandoSPUR

OrlandoSPUR **** the Nomads

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    well with usual hostilities restored, I will have to get a more obnoxiuous signature. Out of respect for Thursday I changed it..... ;)

23. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1525510,00.html

24. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada