Tottenham show interest in Iranian star

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Karimi_Is_God, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Karimi_Is_God

Karimi_Is_God New Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Toronto
  2. mis-e-one

mis-e-one New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Bedfordshire
    Never heard of him (well I don't follow Iranian football! :) )

3. Persiaz_fynest

Persiaz_fynest BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 17, 2005
    BRAZIL
    he plays realy good

id compare his style to steven gerrard............. he plays Defensive Mid

hes got amazing shots
    hes still goung ....... but i dont see as a good fit

4. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    He's a good player, but I don't think it'll happen as we have cover in that position.

It seems as though we are being linked with every central midfielder currently available.

Tottenham have the most midfielders in the Premiership!

No more, please!

5. Rmort99

Rmort99 New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    A bit like Kanoute in that, if he doesn't play well while on international duty, it's possible he won't make it back. A bit of a risk perhaps?

6. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    I can understand that with some players. If they have an off game, it's like they leave there body.

When they return to there club their body comes back as an empty shell.

7. Rmort99

Rmort99 New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Or they're locked up and having the soles of their feer beaten with an iron rod

8. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York

.....so was Michael Jackson a professional footballer then?

9. JohnDoe

JohnDoe New Member

Jun 30, 2005
    I've heard the rumours too but I thought it was another Iranian. I've heard he is small but very fast. I think it was Ali but not Karimi. That is the guy in Germany I think. Anyone here know who he is?

10. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Not liking this new fad of not putting any details in the story, it means i have to click the link if i want to find out stuff...

Right, so he plays in midfield and plays in Iran. I don't think we need any midfielders, and i am surprised Spurs have been scouting in Iran - not implying anything by that, but it's a bit obscure.

11. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York

...yeah, the guy has a mustache.

12. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    his name is "Hossein Kaebi"... he is turning 20 and was in Iran's NT since he was 16 (yes I'm talking about the main national team).... he is the fastest player in Asia...a fine RB can play RMF, RW and can play left as well... he doesn’t have a mustache (it’s not like anyone in Iran NT has one!) for more info about this rumors go to:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212736

13. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I doubt that these two reports are relevant any more, maybe Arnescum scouted them as possibilities some time ago, but we have too many players similar to them.

Can't see them bothering with Nekounam now the club have signed Taino and Huddlestone to go with all the other centre mids.

Same with the young right-sided player now we've got Routledge, Lennon and Staltieri.

14. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    yeah I don't think so either.... both of them have stated they would rather to make a move after WC.... and it seems that Iranian players are more willing to play in La Liga!... only Kaebi is really keen to play in EPL because back when there was rumors about him joining ManU some British tabloids criticized his fitness and physical capabilities... so he thinks he has a score to settle! :D

15. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    The main reason that this rumour is untrue is because the player will need a work permit.

If he has played in the international games, he'll get one, but the DoE don't give permits to young players from Asia or the Americas as they are not guaranteed to play if they sign for their new club, which would mean his employment contract would be cancelled when his contract was to be renewed.

The guy wouldn't play in more than 75% of Tottenham's games, so there will be no deal.

16. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Work permit won't be a problem.

Javad Nekounam has 66 caps, Hossein Kaebi 41 (despite being 19 years old, and only having played for three years in the national team).

They are both key players for Iran.

17. Persiaz_fynest

Persiaz_fynest BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 17, 2005
    BRAZIL
    alllll rumors

wont happen

ps: nekounam is amazing

18. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    It's a good thing it won't happen. We don't need him.

19. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    It'd probably upset all the Jews anyway...

Also, how on earth can a 24 yr old have 66 caps?! or 40 something in just 3 years. You guys must play a ******** load of games each year!

20. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    it's because there was Asian cup and WCQ (Asia has a lot of countries and less spots) during these last 3 years... but in case of the "Kaebi" guy it was just remarkable seeing him start for NT when he was 16....

21. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    this is like the 3rd time you say this and it's not like anybody is saying the otherwise.... I'm starting to think that the message has no soccer related content. :cool:

22. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    No offence intended to the player involved or Iran as a footballing nation but I've got to go with Double on this. We don't need him. Why are we even talking about him?

23. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Sometimes players from Asia and Africa are more trouble than they are worth, we can't be losing players at key times so they can go off for World Cup or Asian Cup games.

Looking at how many caps these guys have, which is why i asked, they play a lot of games each year.. compared to England's, what, 7 or 8? I would bet that Iran's games (as with Mido's and Fredi's) are at different times to the European games and as a result our league would not be geared up for it.

24. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    oh well if you read the thread... it's all started with the rumor... then you guys enlightened us on the issue that you don't need players in the positions... the rest was just me getting some info about EPL rules on foreign players from one of you that was nice enough to share and since then nobody actually said anything about these players still coming to your team.... but if us posting here is really bothering you this much, then I'll just have to say sorry and no harm meant!

25. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    that is wrong... we have so many players in Europe and they never get the chance to play for our team unless it is the actual grand finally against the top Asian teams (Korea, Japan, China, etc)... these two players are domestic players so they get to play all the minnow games as well!