Toronto Raptors Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by ibreak4coffee, Nov 3, 2004.

1. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Honestly, do not underestimate this team. The exit of Vince was good for this team. Even if you got rid of Jalen you are still okay. I like Jalen, but he is not a winner and a guy you want on your team. Rafer is a great point guard, Eric Williams has played exceptionally well over the last month for NJ and he looked good last night for you guys. Bosh is continuing to improve and Donyell Marshall and Lamond Murray have been great off the bench. Zo can play the center position if he comes back healthy. I think Toronto got a great deal in the Vince trade. With the two first rounders and all things are looking up in Toronto. They should try to trade Jalen for a center. They need some depth for sure there.

2. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    How reliable are the Keon Clark rumors?

In any case, I like the Eddie Jones trade. Rose and Zo are two guys who don't want to be in Toronto (Zo especially), while Eddie's a hard worker who can score and play D, and isn't adjusting well to the small forward spot in Miami.

3. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Even if Zo was healthy, he won't play in Toronto. They are working on some kind of a buy out deal with him. He wants to go to Miami and we need a Center. Obviously we are not getting Shaq for him. Who in Miami heat can benefit us besides Shaq? at the end of the deal, still no Center and I don't think Eddie Jones is that much better than Rose. Don't count on it too much.

The raptors are full of talent but very inefficient. They have sooooo many parimeter shooting, excessive amount. We're talking, Murray, Peterson, Rose, Marshall, Bosh all good a Parimeter shooting. Bosh and Marshall tries to post up but we all know they are not that good in the paint. We have no one in the paint. Until we get someone in the paint, we got nothing.

4. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Keon Clark to the raptors you mean? If so, its a question of been there done that. Keon was great for the 2001 raptors, but they probably wont go and get him, simply because his problem is work ethic, and that wont fit with Mitchell. Otherwise Keon is talented. More likely to end up in New Jersey, no?

Toronto always looks good when the shots are falling, and usually after a trade the team gets a bump and the shots fall. I doubt in a month that will be the case. Eddie Jones is pointless to have on the team. Rose's contract is bad, but we need scorers. And the team keeps alienating players. So unhealthy. The fact they keep doing this is proof they dont care at all about this season. And that's pointless too... there are no gems in this upcoming draft.

5. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Keon Clark's ball handling abilities scares me. Everytime he dribbles the ball and moves, there is bound to be a turnover. Plus, I think he's past his prime already. We need someone like Nene, a bit better than Nene but someone of that sort. Another candidate like Camby would definately help. Any possibilites guys like Camby or Nene in the trade? I doubt it.

6. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    With the assets we have to offer... nada. Denver would never make a trade for Rose or Marshall. That said, a Nene-Araujo frontline would be great in Toronto! Get the Brazilian community involved, and we'd definitely be in good shape if the rules were changed to allow using your feet to score :D

Actually more seriously I'm surprised the Raptors have never been that "internationalized". Its weird because Toronto is the world's most diverse city, and we'd really get more communities involved and build the base of fans if we tried harder to bring in more Euros and South Americans. Then again, New York really doesnt have a tradition of that many Euros and foreign players, so go figure.

7. petersoccer

petersoccer Red Card

Dec 2, 2004
    Mississauga,Ontario
    Well Informed . What a typical dumb ass comment. People in Toronto hate Vince.

8. petersoccer

petersoccer Red Card

Dec 2, 2004
    Mississauga,Ontario
    Like the chap said, worry about the Oilers.

Chris Bosh is already twice the player Vince is.

MLSE will do just fine without the mamas boy

9. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Well, Keon Clark is unemployed right now I think. I guess KC as it is.

But wait, you don't think Denver would trade Nene for Rose and Marshall? because Nene is on the bench right now due to the presence of K-Mart and Camby. They can use a good backup for Anthony like Rose since Anthony is not doing too well I heard. I think they will keep Marshall and trade Rose and Zo.

Arujo sucks ha ha ha. It doesn't matter whether he is Brazillian or Chinese, he just sucks. Nene would be much better.

10. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Its not so much a question of whether they would... it wouldnt work cap wise.

The best move the Raptors could make is getting in on a deal for Magloire. New Orleans has started a fire sale and everyone's up for grabs. Wesley was just the first domino to fall.

11. petersoccer

petersoccer Red Card

Dec 2, 2004
    Mississauga,Ontario
    Agreed Magliore is just what they need. Bonus that he is Canadian also.

12. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    magloire a eddie jones and a shooting guard like van exel im telling you trading vince carter is for the best cause now they can show the fans what their all about a great competitive team. sam mitchell is a good coach its just then need to vibe alittle more. peace!

13. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

foreign players that were drafted from the raptors suck arroujo is a big body thats it you know what i mean. dirk nowitski is the only great foreign player right now. scouting is an issue overseas cause they dont really examine them like the us players. next years draft is going to be a doozy . look at a year ago chris bosh, carmelo anthony dwayne wade what a great draft. peace!

14. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    no, a lot of foreign players are great.

Peja
    Yao Ming
    Tony Parker
    Pau Gasol
    the list goes on and on..............

but guys like Arujo, oh man, he is a nightmare

15. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    this western roadtrip was a nightmare.

one positive event came out of it. that is, give aruajo more playing time. i don't want to get too excited about him too early, but he deserves more playing time.

the season is already over. with the 50 games left, give araujo the start to develope him.

16. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yeah, alas... the team is already tanking. Hopefully they can trade Rose and Marshall for some good talent and give us hope for the next season. Its dumb too because their schedule is ridicously easy coming up.

17. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I just feel bad for doubting Araujo all this time. I guess he went through intensive training and Sam Mitchell was not confident about him until recently. Now I think we should give him the starting position. With his size and what I saw from last night vs Golden State, he's got some potential. Maybe he can develop into an adaquate Center like Marcus Camby, Nene, or someone of that callober.

18. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  19. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I did not watch the entire game last night vs the Magic. I am looking at the stats right now, Araujo had 4 points in 5 minutes and he was actually the starting center. Is there any reason why he did not play the entire game? Was he injured or something? Please fill me in. I am happy about the win but a little bothered by the fact that he did not play much, because from what I have seen in previous games, he should get more minutes.

20. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Araujo picked up two fouls in the first two minutes of the first quarter, and then picked up two additional fouls in the first two minutes of the third quarter. That's why he didnt play... he was utter crap.

CB4 and Mo Pete looked great last night... Jalen Rose and Donyell Marshall looked like they'd rather be anywhere but the ACC. A trade must be coming up soon.

21. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Utter crap??? come on man, that's a little harsh. Rookies will go through a phase of learning how to control foul troubles.

Rose and Marshall rather be somewhere else? That's too bad, I love Marshall's hard work and his amazing 3pt field goals. I can't believe they would trade him away. Marshall is the heart and soul of the Raptor's bench. Well, if they trade Rose and Marshall away, they better give me some rebounding and defense. You think Eric Williams will stick around for long?

22. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    good victory for the raptors

however, it was dangerous, they got blown out in the 4th quater. they are just lucky the held on. which proves to me one thing, they still can't find the intensity in late game situations.

23. petersoccer

petersoccer Red Card

Dec 2, 2004
    Mississauga,Ontario
    Did anyone see Doug Christe draging his wife away from the court. What was up with that.

24. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    seems to me raps are working their asses off. they still need that centre and rebounder that can make damage on the boards thats hurting them.
    magloire or nene

25. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Good win tonight!

Number of steps to get back to .500 = 9