Toronto FC Kit Thread

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by Macksam, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    What changes do you want to see when we get a new one?

I think the black and grey trimmings on the side of the mid section area underneath the underarms need to go. Also, we need an all black away kit.

2. Pateau

Pateau New Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Toronto
    I'd rather see a white away kit with red trim. I've always prefered white kits to black.

Don't think too much needs to be changed about the home kit, it's nice already. I don't like the most recent crop of Adidas kits that the European clubs are getting for the 08/09 season very much though, especially the collars. I hope TFC's kit next year doesn't emulate it.

3. narduch

narduch New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    I'd like to see the most minimalist kit as possible. I hate all the extra trims and crap they put on shoulders and arms.

Just give me a red jersey with the team crest on it. That's all. That would be the sweetest jersey of all time.

Sometimes they over-do it with the designs.

4. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Unfortunately, much of the kit design is MLS mandated, there's not much leeway for TFC or any club.

5. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    We actually saw a picture of what the TFC shirt may look like next year (I kinda like it). It was a collared red shirt, which a lot of teams are starting to switch to. As for the rest of the kit, it should be kept as it with red shorts and socks.

As for the away kit, they should go with a white shirt (because grey sucks), red shorts and possibly white socks.

6. TFC21

TFC21 New Member

May 22, 2007
    Toronto Ribfest's
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    White shirt red shorts FTW!

7. narduch

narduch New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    God. I hope the shirt isn't collared. :mad:

8. Drexel10

Drexel10 New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    I would like to see an away kit that simply says this is not our main kit. So something like the other clubs do, whether our away kit is blue, green or black, it is nothing more than our second choice uniform we were forced to wear :) Chivas away and home kits are so similar that I think we had to wear our away on both ocassions last year, same with Dallas.

9. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I agree, which is why I would like to see the trimmings under the arms removed. We know the signature, three stripes on the shoulders are here to stay but they can atleast get rid of the crappy trimmings.

10. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Where is this so called picture?

Well, than I suppose we could use an all black kit for the Champion's League, if we ever get in that is. It would be perfect because those games would be played during the night if I'm not mistaken.

11. use_stupid_name

Jun 3, 2007
    Brampton
    There was a thread in here that had the picture, but I couldn't find it. A quick google search and this came up:

http://www.soccer24-7.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2956709

Same picture, different thread.

Personally I like the collar, and still don't like the gray. Why can't it be all red? Damned gray.:mad:

12. Pateau

Pateau New Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Toronto
    That can't be the new jersey. How could it already be in a store when no other mention of it exists elsewhere?

13. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm glad they got rid of the trimmings on the side. As for the grey, I can live with it. The collar looks nice. All in all, better than what we currently have.

14. use_stupid_name

Jun 3, 2007
    Brampton
    And this was said the last time those pictures were posted. I don't know if it really is the new shirts or not, but there are these shirts and they don't look photo-shopped.

Really, who knows other than MLSE and maybe MLS?

15. Brian in Boston

Brian in Boston Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    MA & CA, USA
    According to the person who posted it, the photo was taken quickly - with a cellphone - while an adidas rep was showing sales personnel in the store samples of next season's MLS kits. Take that for what it is worth.

16. Durian Durian

Durian Durian New Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Vancouver
    I'm surprised there is no "untraditional" alternate. If they were to do a white shirt, I'd like it to be a reverse Arsenal style. Red sleeves, white shirt, white shorts, red socks. If they're going for that Canadian flag look.

That or neon red like Peter Cech lol.

17. ILCT

ILCT New Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i would like to see a blue kit for a traditional toronto look as the alternate jersey.

18. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Only if the socks are white.:D

19. Durian Durian

Durian Durian New Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Vancouver
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Great idea, it'd match all the other teams (except the Raptors whom TFC seem to match now).

20. davethesave

davethesave New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    the grey swirls or scribbles we have along the sides MUST go....the shorts should be plain with a bit of trim in the traditional places (such as the bottom edge of the shorts or on the sides)....NO SWIRLS on the hips! it just looks plain stupid!...

as far as an away shirt....ill be happy with almost anything...it seems as though the grey kits are just not SPECIAL enough...they dont jump out at you and make you say "plain away kit...but they look sharp" ....we could look sharp in all white away kits and it would look that much better.

i would like to see blue away kits....and i know i might get a lot of flack for this but i would love to see blue added to our trim--alla blizzard style--....we would keep the red mainly and add some blue socks or blue collars....leaving a bit of grey.....maybe even have the away kitblue with red/grey trim....

but all in all the kits we have now i like...i prefer the all red kit(red shirts-red shorts)....but i HATE the grey swirl design along the side.

21. escorpiao

escorpiao New Member

Aug 12, 2006
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  22. hershey

hershey New Member

May 2, 2008
    Toronto
    It's a nice job as far as mock-ups go, but it seems a tad boring to me. A little bit like a practice jersey.

Also, I think the BMO logo should stay one colour, even on the away where it has the colour option.

23. kaos1970

kaos1970 Member

May 2, 2008
    Halifax
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agreed!

24. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    What program did you use?

25. escorpiao

escorpiao New Member

Aug 12, 2006
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    GIMP.

You can find kit templates here--> http://fmdiscussion.com/forums/forums.html
    Go to the graphics sub-forum. You have to register, but you can find a basic tutorial and templates there.