Toronto FC II 2019 Season

Discussion in 'Canada' started by RocketRobin, Mar 24, 2019.

1. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  2. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Friday May 24th 4:00pm. With a crowd of about 600+ TFC II played their first home game of the season and beat FC Tucson 1-0 on a headed goal by Jordan Perruzza with assist from Jacob Shaffelburg's cross. Many of the crowd were Academy kids. 'Canadian Gold Cup roster of 40' midfielder Noble Okello played the first 87 minutes and looked good. Goalie Kevin Silva earned the Man of the Match coffee supplies. I counted his goalpost as making the save on the one good shot FC Tucson could muster.

I think USL League 1 is the right level for them. Middle of the pack team although they could move up with all the home games they have left and a winning mentality they didn't have the last few years when they were frustrated with so much losing.

3. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  4. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    May 29th, 2019
    Big 3-2 home win against the first place team North Texas SC the farm team of FC Dallas. Crowd was listed as 177 by USL--again mostly made up of Academy kids.
    Patrick Bunk-Andersen scored at 11 minutes on a one yard header on a goalmouth cross by Julian Dunn-Johnson that the goalie got a piece of after a cornerkick knock around. Matt Srbely scored at 25 minutes as two TFC players dispossessed the lone defender off the ball at 30 yards and Srbely raced in alone. NT Ricardo Pepi scored in first half injury time on a breakaway pass. He had an identical play at 22 minutes but put his shot off the post.
    Second half had NT Ronaldo Damuas put in a rebound at 55 minutes after a series of saves by goalie Kevin Silva.
    Terique Mohammad scored the winner at 77 minutes on a give and go with Jacob Shaffelburg with Mohammad ending up in alone.

Official league stats list North Texas as being called offside 14 times in the game. I thought the coach would lose it and get ejected but it was TFC's Michael Rabasca who was sent back to the locker room at 90 minutes for complaining about a call. Stupid as it was right after NT had their tying goal called back on another offside call.

TFC II is up to third in the ten team division...top four make the playoffs in October...look more a cinch than the parent team!

5. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  6. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  7. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  8. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  9. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  10. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  11. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    July 31, 2019 TFC II vs Forward Madison
    With TFC II using MLS Morgan, Fraser, Chapman, Akinola, & Zavaletta and got worst result of season!
    Jordan Perruzza subbed in at 66', scores 1 min later.
    8 goals in USL League One. 2nd best in scoring race I think.

Vanney did not look pleased in the parking lot.

My game report will be posted tomorrow all going well.

12. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  13. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    I had the same thought that you posted in your report that perhaps Vanney included the TFC bench players because he intends to use some combination of TFC bench players and TFC II players for the opening leg against Ottawa in the Canadian Championship.

14. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  15. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  16. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  17. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  18. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    September 27, 2019 Toronto FC II vs South Georgia Tormenta FC played at BMO Training Grounds in Downsview.

Final home game of the season for TFC II and they go out a winner.

My game report at http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports19/19tfc259.htm

I'll give myself a gold star for attending all 14 home games!

19. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    So Saturday October 19, 2019 first place North Texas SC win the first USL League One season 1-0 over the third place Greenville Triumph in the final. Monday the league reveals that second place Lansing Ignite have ceased operations. Glad seventh place TFC II's owners have deep pockets! TFC II's last home game had attendance of 51.

20. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    November 11, 2019 Rocket Robin's Soccer in Toronto 2019 Review at www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports19/19l1o133.htm
    I attended 77 games around the GTA including all the York 9 FC, Toronto FC II, Toronto held Canadian National team, and forty League 1 Ontario games.
    You can read all my game reports for free!