TORONTO 2006 talks esculate

Discussion in 'MLS: Expansion' started by sounderfan, Nov 19, 2004.

1. petersoccer

petersoccer Red Card

Dec 2, 2004
    Mississauga,Ontario
    Re:

Good points, Doyle I suggest you go to RAT and have a few and get over it, I lived in Edmonton for 4 years, I can relate to your frustrations in Life.

2. petersoccer

petersoccer Red Card

Dec 2, 2004
    Mississauga,Ontario
    Re:

http://www.fifa.com/en/comp/index/0,2442,103483,00.html?comp=WYC&year=2005&articleid=103483

More info to dispute Doyles Claim that it is a CFL specific Stadium

An inside view of the Canadian Soccer Association's new 25,000 seat home at York University, Canada. Taken from the above link.

FIFA World Youth Championship
    The Canadian Soccer Association and York University given stadium go ahead
    An inside view of the Canadian Soccer Association's new 25,000 seat home at York University, Canada.
    Courtesy of www.canadasoccer.com

(FIFA.com) 19 Oct 2004

Toronto, October 18, 2004 (Canadian Soccer Association) - York University has announced that an agreement has been reached for the construction of a new 25,000-capacity stadium on its Keele campus. A world-class venue for Canadian soccer, the stadium will also host matches at the FIFA World Youth Championship in the Summer of 2007.

The stadium is for the CFL. Any team after that will play second fiddle to everything.[/QUOTE]

3. furie

furie Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd have no problem with a Toronto team in MLS. US and Canadian sports have closely linked for a long time now.

4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How in God's name do you get a glowing red nipple? I'd never even seen 3 before petersoccer.