Torneos de Verano

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by Yank22, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Yank22

Yank22 Member

Jan 7, 2005
    NYC
    Hey Guys - I am going to Argentina for the first two weeks of January and really want to catch a game. Since the season wont be going on, I want to catch one of the Torneos de Verano. I know nothing of Argentina and if you guys can help me like how to look up schedule, tickets, and when Boca plays River. Thanks and any travel advice would be great.

2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The schedules aren't out yet, but they tend not to change much from year to year.

All of the games of the main clubs are played in Mar del Plata, which is more or less 5 hours from Buenos Aires by car, but you can also go by plane from the Aeroparque. The 2nd superclasico is usually played in mendoza

Unfortunately, its very unlikely there will be games played in the 1st two weeks of January, and almost no chance you see River/Boca.

The season starts on February 10th, so you can expect the second River-Boca game, Copa Revancha, to be played a week before, and the first superclasico, the Copa Desafio would be about a week before that at the end of January.

Just for a measuring point, last year the two superclasico were played on Jan 25th and 29th respectively, and will be played later this time around, as the season starts a week later than it did in 2012

Sorry man!

3. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    tough break, there's always the River museum. plus all this other advice

-eat lots of pizza with faina, god thats the first thing im gonna eat when I get back.
    -careful with the olives though, they have pits.
    -find some roadside parrilla anywhere and get a choripan, like daily. Thats actually gonna be the first thing Im gonna eat when I get back.
    - now that I think about it I doubt youll get far enough to find that, but try.
    - You're from NY so you already know how to handle a city so alot of advice doesnt apply.
    - Dont listen to the travel books the bus is a great way to travel in BA, its always coming and it can take you everywhere.
    - keep your eyes open for Bosteros, then report back on who you think is a more favorable team.....

and a ton of other stuff, this might make no sense but oh well. Been a long night, should have stayed home, wont feel good tomorrow.

enjoy your night.

4. Yank22

Yank22 Member

Jan 7, 2005
    NYC
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the information!