Torneo Juventud de America 2011- Ecuador U-20

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by b9d23m89, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Who are the players to watch in this tournament?

2. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I kinda knew this was going to be a very tough game for us, Colombian futbol and ours are almost Identical, we both rely heavily on our player's speed we try to move the ball in an attractive way, But Colombia in my opinion is still a bit ahead of us in the youth divisions, either way I thought our team put a lot of heart and was very pleased with Cazares, Gaibor(might be mispelled) and Marlon De Jesus before his injury, if we improve the midfield a little bit, our speed and physical advantage our players have on Paraguays' players should give us the edge to come out with the 3 points.

3. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yes they have advantage in youth divisions but not when it matters ;)

4. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Anyone watching the game vs. Paraguay? I missed most of the 1st half. Still saw a bit and the goalie for Ecuador was really good. Made great saves from what I saw. Other than that everything else was not good.

5. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Watching the first half on ESPN3.com. Tied 0-0.

Paraguay is having the better chances. Our guys are rushing too much...everytime we get the ball we try to get it out wide and run at them down the wings. We need to control the middle a bit more and break them down with some good passing. Individually our players look good, strong and technical. But they are rushing too much and making bad decisions. They need to slow it down and give themselves some time to think.

6. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ecuador just score 1-0. Nice goal by Montaño (sp?) Seem to be playing better.

7. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Playing much better. Casares not playing well though, a bit of a disappointment.

8. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    1-0 Ecuador. Important win.

9. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah!! Ecuador won! 1-0. Now in 2nd place I believe. Good game and good defense. I think we still need a better forwards out of the youth.

10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Cazares has still not impressed me. I liked what I saw from Montano and Chala today way better than the games vs. Colombia. I can't believe Chala missed that shot when he was 1 on 1 with the keeper though he was BEYOND selfish on that play.

Renato Ibarra finally showed his true skill. This kid better start in El Nacional this year i still cant believe Erick de Jesus started over him last year.

And our defense was solid I get positive vibes from them and a sense of security that I haven't seen from an ecuadorian defense in a while.

Overall, much better game then the previous one vs. Colombia.

11. Gourcuff_07

Gourcuff_07 Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    the team didn't play that well. and the defence didn't impress me except for Narvaez.there were in fact two shots that hit the post against us. I was disapointed with Cazares today he hasn't played to his full potential in this tournament. despite Montano scoring the goal I would take walter chala over him as starter. and does anyone know why Ricardo Veliz from deportivo chiquito didn't get called up??? after all he was the topscorer of the u-20 division and seemed quite impressive.

12. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    They playing on ESPN deportes right now.

13. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I saw 15 minutes of the game, our players were being pushed around too easily, also why does our defenders always go for the balonazo? that's been driving me crazy.....

14. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yea that shit was pissing me off too. But then again the Mens Nat team does the same thing under pressure.

15. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    That's the #1 problem of the Ecuadorian player at all levels. Calmness under pressure. Even when we win, we win suffering until the last second of the game. Today in the final minutes, our left back swung at a ball and missed and it hit his arm, the ref should have called a penalty. We got lucky actually, because given our history, that call usually would have gone against us. (think the last minute of Ecuador v. Uruguay WC qualifying match)

16. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I for one walked away "satisfied" with the game, I'm starting to like players like Gaibor and Fuertes in the back, very solid, In my opinion we stood our ground very well, defended well, created some chances for scoring, a few things need to be worked on like letting that Paraguay kid shoot 5 different times from outside the box, still I think we just beat the favorite team to end up second in the group.

17. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Great victory by Ecuador vs Paraguay. This is historic. Ecuador finds hard or almost imposible to win vs Paraguay. I enjoyed the level of play of the whole team. Jaramillo was great at goal.

18. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think our defense stands out the most. And your right, i think the coverage on the paraguayans in the middle of the field sometimes was inconsistent. That's why there were a few dangerous long distance shots. But the defense wasn't to blame IMO, they did really well.

19. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: La Sub20 de Colombia cogió la cola

[​IMG]
    Sin jugar, Colombia descendió ayer al último lugar del Grupo B en el Suramericano sub20 que se realiza en Perú.

Brasil avanzó a la ronda final, luego de empatar 1-1 con Bolivia en una jornada en la que Ecuador escaló al segundo lugar de su serie gracias a la victoria 1-0 frente a Paraguay.

Bolivia dio la sorpresa de la tercera jornada de su llave, que se disputó en la ciudad de Moquegua, y en la que Colombia, dirigida por Eduardo Lara, tuvo fecha libre y terminó relegada a la última casilla.

El elenco auriverde no se fue nada contento del estadio 25 de Noviembre tras el resultado, que de todas maneras fue más que suficiente para que asegurara un puesto en la siguiente fase que se disputará a partir del 31 de enero y en la que se definirán los cuatro cupos al Mundial de Colombia de este año y los dos pasajes al fútbol de los Juegos Olímpicos de 2012.

Brasil se mantuvo como líder con siete puntos, escoltado ahora por Ecuador con cuatro en dos partidos. Paraguay sigue con tres cuando le resta sólo un compromiso. Colombia y Bolivia están con uno en dos encuentros.

En el primer partido, disputado en una mañana soleada y calurosa, Brasil abrió el marcador con Henrique a los 41 minutos, pero Bolivia sorprendió con el gol de Darwin Ríos, a los 76. "La verdad que es el gol más importante de mi vida", manifestó Ríos. "Este punto va a servir para animar el grupo. Es una unidad que nadie pensaba íbamos a sacar".

Ecuador se encargó posteriormente de cerrar una jornada con resultados fuera de los pronósticos.

Paraguay llegó al encuentro con las apuestas a su favor ante un adversario que no pudo salir con su estelar artillero Marlon de Jesús, quien se recupera de una lesión en la rodilla izquierda.

Pero Edson Montaño hizo que esa ausencia no se echara de menos al marcar el gol de la victoria con un cabezazo certero a los 59 minutos.

More...

20. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Best player IMO was the golie. He saves a lot of shots, only one he didn't hit the post but the rest he was awesome. Where does he play?

21. Kr0nika R0ja

Kr0nika R0ja Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Big Apple
    Club:
    Deportivo Cuenca
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    from what I heard Jhon Jaramillo is a reserve of LDU Quito. Jaramillo has alot of potential, great keeper, he's convinced me 2 b one of the best Juvenile keepers out there. Defense was great Narvaez and Fuertes stood out, Gaibor was excellent in the Midfield, kinda reminded me of Noboa with some of the plays he pulled. Cazares lost alot of balls, gotta thank Montano for that Wonderful header, Ibarra is a better Winger than Right Back IMO. Chala, well did all the tricks but missed the treat :(. great game, I hope they can stand tall against Brazil and move on 2 the next stage.

22. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That Jaramillo kid is good, hopefully we will win today.

23. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    What time is the game today vs Brasil ?

Any links ?

24. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Its on right now on ESPN3. Gaibor is sucking badly in the middle, I don't think he has made any good passes at all. Casares (sp?) playing better but Ecuador is losing right now 1-0. Middle field of Ecuador is getting owned right now.

25. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    WTF! Its over. Ecuador is done. Casared is out with a red card. Its a stupid red card by the ref, that shouldn't never have been a red card. Still if Ecuador was playing terrible before its worse now.