Torneo Comex Apertura 2003 Playoffs

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Deleted USer, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    danger for the female ref? NAHHHHHH there has been just a few cases (in 60 years) where physical altercations occured between refs and players in the MFL.

The press has a sick twisted way of viewing certain things and taking the context and making it out to be something that its not. Not just the press in Mexico, but all over. I though it was disgusting the way they crucified Pedro Martniez for pushing Don Zimmerman out of the way. The press made Pedro out to be this savage who took advantage of an old, caring, helpless man. SORRY, call a spade a spade. That fat old phuck came in with the intent to hurt Pedro. 55 years in professional baseball should have tought him a couplt things... 1. altercations are unwritten rules of baseball that usually occur when a team tries to jack up the scoreboard...2. a pitcher defending his player by throwing at one of theirs...3. a coach should not add gas into the fire but cool them down. And that was just and athlete in his prime against an old man... Imagine a player in the MFL exchaging words and vulgarities with the woman ref?? how do you think they will percive it?

The press and the feminist groups wont look at it as a player confronting a ref, they will look at it as a man being abusive towards a woman.

Whther we should criticize a player for exchanging words with a ref is irrelevant.. it doesnt matter if he is in the right or the wrong... those "groups" wont see it that way. They will protect her... well who protects Arcala? or Archundia? Or Glower? Or Rodriguez?

If they are going to ref in a mens league, they better anty up and take everything the job comes with... the exchanging of words, the scrutinization of the press, the altercations, the put downs, etc, etc, etc

2. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    When the NBA had those two female refs a few years ago not once did the press or feminist groups get on a players case for screaming at the ref. In fact I still don't know if they work NBA games because they are a non-factor. However, you might be right about the reaction in Mexico by the press and feminist groups.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/news/1999/04/30/female_ref/

3. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    wasnt there an incident about a pat on the butt though?? i dont remember all the details.. i just didnt pay too much attention to it because its normal in sports

4. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    To help get this thread back on topic...

Jonrón futbolero

[​IMG]

5. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Good one FDP you take us off topic and then bring us back full circle with great cartoon.