Torino [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by Cassano, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Gouti

Gouti Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Hyderabad
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    If Torino wish to remain in serie a, they need some reinforcements.. I would really like them to bring back Rosina...who'z been rotting the bench at Zenit...

2. Gouti

Gouti Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Hyderabad
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Brighi in for Torino...?

3. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah they're signing Mesbah and Brighi.

Rosina destroyed his career by staying at Toro too long. But at this stage it wouldnt hurt to come back.

4. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    I agree, Rosina should have been sold the first time there were big offers for him. I believe his form suffered greatly after that.

I would like to have seen Maxi Lopez in the Granata, but cairo isn't going to throw around lots of money, despite the fact that he should do just that, right now.

Everything you need to know abouyt these guys is in the fact they've been loaned out as often as rental cars.

These aren't guys to make huge impressions in Serie A.

I realize times are tough, but Cairo doesn't sedem to learn from his mistakes..

5. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  6. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    mesbah is solid imo. not milan quality, but certainly enough for a team that comfortably stays in serie A. maxi would have been huge tho but samp got him

7. Gouti

Gouti Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Hyderabad
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    No solid reinforcements for the season? Will be real hard to stay up with the current lot...

8. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    the mercato has just opened. torino comes up with more resources than say novara or pescara
    apparently they've signed mario alberto santana from napoli on loan.
    gillet is a solid keeper too

cigar_city repped this.
  9. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Do you like every player just because they are young? The other day with Curci and now with Rosina. I remember when Rosina collided with his own teammate in front of our goal. What a stud! Surely it's the environment in Russia that is holding back this champion.

Anyhow I haven't followed Torino's market but I think they should be able to stay up and land somewhere mid-table. Ventura is a great coach, he did really well at Bari which collapsed after his departure and he's done really well at Torino. Perhaps they are lacking a good striker right now.

cigar_city repped this.
  10. Gouti

Gouti Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Hyderabad
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    I just feel that there is still some potential in those players afterall.. Just 2-3 chances when Stek is out shoouldnt be a scale to judge Curci....give him some quality playing time and believe me, he is gonna prove his critics wrong..i mean not against Milan, Juve etc but atleast against Smaller ones like Novara etc...how deep did you you watch him play? Very little i believe...the saddest thing about playing second fiddle to a top class goal keeper is that you will find very little game time...the one that he may play once in around 6 months, he may not play upto his potential...

11. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He has had plenty of quality playing. We went out on loan and was a starter. He didn't rise to the challenge. He managed to lose his starting spot at Sampdoria. Come on, the guy is a mid-table team player. The only reason he was even at Roma last season is because no one wanted him, even on loan, which says a lot.

12. Gouti

Gouti Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Hyderabad
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    The problem with Serie A teams, unwilling to provide opportunities to young players from Primevera... If they think that Primevera teams are of no use to them, there is always a market in South America where you can get exciting talent for peanuts, what is the whole point in spending a lot of amount on organizing these youthteams?

You all know that what Lippi did at WC 2006. Reached the pinnacle of world football.. Since he achieved that, FIGC played a safe game by appointing him again for WC 2010. You know the result don't you?

It is not that i am blaming aged players or something but, if you keep playing upto a ripe old age, the contribution you make to the team decreases...at the same time you will be blocking the career growth of some of the exciting young talents...

13. Gouti

Gouti Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Hyderabad
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Idonno whether you follow Cricket or not but the world's best player comes from our country Sachin Tendulkar. We used to watch cricket just for the simple fact sachin plays.. He got old, he needs to retire.. But that's not happening... People are getting frustated as he is occupying key spot in the team...but hard core fans says that young talent is all mediocre... Sachin should continue to play...

You will only get to know how mediocre they are once they give youth a chance.. Even though they don't succeed, atleast there is a chance you will find 2-3 among 10-15 players who have potential..

14. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You are just talking to hear yourself talk at this point. Moving away from the discussion to hide behind generalizations.

Curci has gotten plenty of opportunities. This is a fact. He has been loaned out to teams for the past 5 seasons and he's always been a starter. He has not impressed. Not anywhere. No team has come back wanting to buy him, or even wanting to buy a portion of him. He's had every opportunity in the world.

Your argument might be valid under certain circumstances. However it's not in this case.

15. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    yea i think with the addition of a quality forward torino will easily be safe. someone like...pazzini?

i heard they were looking at pazienza too, would probably be a fairly solid pick up

16. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Pazzini could do well there. Borriello could also do well there.

17. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    oh yea forgot about him too.
    apparently their interest in pazienza was just a free loan offer, don't think that will fly.

18. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Shirt numbers...

1 Jean-Francois Gillet
    23 Lis Gomis
    26 Alfred Gomis
    2 Guillermo Rodriguez
    3 Danilo D’Ambrosio
    5 Valerio Di Cesare
    6 Angelo Ogbonna
    15 Pablo Caceres
    17 Salvatore Masiello
    25 Kamil Glik
    36 Matteo Darmian
    53 Marco Migliorini
    4 Migjen Basha
    7 Mario Alberto Santana
    11 Biagio Pagano
    14 Alessandro Gazzi
    19 Alen Stevanovic
    20 Giuseppe Vives
    21 Nicolas Gorobsov
    27 Giuseppe De Feudis
    77 Simone Verdi
    94 Willyan
    9 Rolando Bianchi
    10 Alessandro Sgrigna
    24 Gianluca Sansone
    69 Riccardo Meggiorini
    93 Abou Diop

19. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    odd i thought they didnt want Santana.

20. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Highlights from Sunday's match with Novara.

First Half

Second Half

It ended 1-1

21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another team that gets no love over here.

Tied Bologna 2-2. Barretta and Bianchi with the goals.

22. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    You're right.

Huge 2-2 "win" for Granata today, despite Ventura's ridiculous 4-2-4 . Grande Capitano Rolly Bianchi.

FORZA TORO

23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    its played more like a 4-4-2 anyways.

24. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Going to be sad to see Bianchi eventually go elsewhere.

25. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    dont get why he is old he should stay there.