Torino [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by Cassano, Jul 12, 2007.

1. robii

robii Member

Aug 27, 2005
    usa
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Re: Torino 2008-2009 [R]

The point is that ROSINA is fit, that means spetaccolo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :)

2. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  3. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys

Thanks for the update on Dzemaili, know very little about him, but he seems like a body to sit on the bench if he didn't make the filed under Big Sam. Then again, he might have been concerned that success on his part could have kept him at Bolton for a long time:D

I'll take any win, but glad to see that Bianchi got on the board. Wish I could've seen the game, wish the Toro official website would include the stream of the game. Can't wait til Abate is healthy, would like to see what he and rosina can do with (apparently) viable striker options.

FORZA TORO

4. sakana

sakana BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I think Dzemaili was hurt from the start at Bolton, which really made it hard for him to get sorted and establish a place in the teams. From what I've read he's highly rated -- hopefully he'll succeed @ Torino, because a vice-Corini is desperately needed, and I gather that's why he was brought in.

5. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006

Congrats to you guys on such a great start to the season. Nice to see Bianchi get on the scoresheet in his first official appearance with Torino. How did he look overall in this match?

6. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio

i hope amoruso likes playing for a "big" team like torino. he doesnt even start now. came in the 71st against juve. psh.

7. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

De Biasi has to be one of the shittest coaches in the Serie A, if not the shittest. How can Cairo keep hiring this guy?

At least it can result in a trip back to Serie B. ;)

8. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys

First of all Buckeye, who won the college football game lasy night?

Second, your oddly bitter post is one I really won't respond to given the source. Except to say this - Reggina has been, is, and will always be, a completey insignificant club whose sole purpose is to supply decent players to the rest of the league. An impressive farm team.

9. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio

i have to admit i was loling when reading this. i am kind of bitter, but the reggina win today was a remedy for the osu loss for sure.

10. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys

First, as much as I simply cannot stand Juve, I tip my cap to the way they played, young guys stepping up for the small nation of injured Juve players. When everyone is back, particulalry Camo and Trez, Juve will be back in its (regrettably) usual positive form.

Given those aforementioned injuries, this was Toro's chance to finally win this derby for the first time in 658 years. While missing some players, and being the "visiting" club, Juve's injuries, poor league form, the Madrid game - it all pointed to that. De Biasi under pressure. Rosina reasonably healthy. Finally a group of center forwards whom may actually be able to score, no disrespect to Stellone and Ventola. The biggest game for this club, well rested squad. Another loss, of course.

much of it has to do with players -Toro doesn't have any playmakers not named Rosina. Abate has wheels but is thus far not showing me the ability to quickly, effectively bring the ball up from the flank in the manner Comotto did. This team, as presently comprised, misses that terribly, and it forces Rosina to go much too far into the Toro end to get the ball and begin the magic he's capable of when he otherwise receives the ball in the final third of the pitch.

That being said, I agree that De Biasi should not be coaching this team anymore. I think he's tactics were awful given the talent at hand. Why he would go with the single striker is beyond me. He should have turned this game into a track meet, gone for a win. Too late in the game, he finally brings in the second forward, starts ripping down the flanks with crosses to the center, and Toro were much more dangerous in the last 13 minutes then they were earlier in the game. Frankly unlucky not to equalize. DB knew the stakes (likely his job) and instead of going out and trying to WIN the game, he was more concerned with not losing the game. A pu55y if there ever was one, and I think this team needs a very aggressive, ballsy manager to score some goals in the hope of staying up this year.

Thanks for providing me the opportunity to rage on about this very dissappointing performance from Toro.

11. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys

I'm a Florida grad, and I think I put the curse on your Bucks since I was actually rooting for them. Lightning lose, Toro lose to those goddammotherfukers AGAIN, Rays lose to 74 year old Jamie Moyer in the World Series, Penn State solidifies the Big 1T1en's BCS title game appearance off a lucky turnover from the superstar monsterchild QB who will NEVER make that mistake again (Tressel shouldn't ahve put him in that position, you've got Wells for that, IMO), my team in Agentina Newell's Old Boys simply blows a grand opportunity at home to get withhin three of the top of the table leaders - The Gator's win was to me what Reggina's win was for you. so were even there.

I don't come on here and take shot's at Toro, because frankly I think the steam in the Big Soccer Serie A engine isn't as strong as it used to be, and there are NO Toro fans around anymore. Your right in the sense that Toro are not a "big" team anymore (amazing hoe three letters and a pair of quotes can set me off), and it kills me how insignificant they've become. They are the Manchester City of Italy, seemingly never able to keep up with the illustrious cross town neighbor. At least the Citizens actually beat ManUre every once in awhile.

Good luck to Reggina, my family in Italy are from Torino and Piemonte, but I always want and enjoy Southern Italian teams doing well in Serie A, think it's great for the league when the crazy as hell tifosi from Calabria, Sicilia and Campania are given reason to cheer. After Toro, I always root for the Southern teams.

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My family is from Piemonte as well. I'm hoping to get over there in 2009, if only for a day and to see the place.

13. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio

it's refreshing to hear some unbiased opinions from a reasonable torino fan.

good luck to the rays.. i hope they can pull this off. but i have no sympathy for you and your lightning barry melrose situation. at least you won the cup a few years back. being a blue jackets fan isn't a fun thing. although we have some good players this year. playoffs are still my hope.

14. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The misery of fanhood...

New Orleans Saints

Washington Capitals

15. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Aside from the former Reggina boys, your forwards are pretty bad (unless you consider Rosina to be a forward). Ventola look promising in his younger days but he never really lived up to his potential. Stellone and Abbruscato aren't Serie A quality players and they have been in Serie A for too long.

De Biasi plays with too many defensive midfielders. Corini's injury doesn't help but he's in his late 30s. I haven't seen much of Abate but I feel he's a player that relies more on pace and he isn't as technically gifted as other wingers. He'll probably end-up being a more entertaining than a winger like Udinese's Simone Pepe though.

What I don't get about some Italian club presidents is why would they re-hire coaches? Cellino at Cagliari re-hired Giampaolo, Zamparini at Palermo kept re-hiring Guidolin and Cairo has been re-hiring De Biasi. The worse thing is that these coaches actually take these jobs again. Isn't one miserable stint enough? Berlusconi at Milan re-hired Sacchi and Capello in the 90s and it didn't work. Juve re-hiring Lippi was an exception but I'm not a big fan of re-hiring coaches. From the look of things, it's like Cairo wants Il Toro to be spanked by us again and again by bringing De Biasi back into the Torino fold.

16. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina

Good result today and nice job from your forwards. You're now ahead of Samp and Roma. Roma does, of course, have a game (that we can all assume that they will lose) in hand.

17. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Especially if Cassano's on fire!

18. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina

Highlights

[youtube]-RAF4GR-VC4[/youtube]

19. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina

Amoruso's goal was class.

Datasport.it ratings...

TORINO
    Calderoni 5 - Come nel derby compie un paio di buoni interventi su Ferreira Pinto in uscita (13`) e Padoin (75`), ma sul gol di Floccari, come su quello di Amauri, e` colpevolmente in ritardo per mancanza di reattivita`.
    Diana 6 - Positivo in fase difensiva su Padoin al quale concede molto poco. Si concede poche avanzate a supporto della manovra. Il suo tentativo di salvataggio sul gol di Floccari determina molti dubbi sulla validita` della rete atalantina: il pallone ha varcato completamente la linea?
    Rubin 7 - Dopo una prima frazione senza acuti, gioca con brillantezza la ripresa servendo ad Amoruso la palla del primo gol e propiziando la seconda rete con la sua conclusione da pochi passi respinta da Coppola.
    Pratali 5.5 - Un paio di uscite palla al piede dalla difesa da applausi, ma anche un paio di retropassaggi a Calderoni da brividi, come quello che permette a Ferreira Pinto di trovarsi a tu per tu con l`estremo difensore granata al 13`. Esce per crampi al 77`.
    Natali 7 - Il suo rientro al centro della difesa e` salutare per gli equilibri dei granata. Deciso negli interventi, concede molto poco alle punte atalantine.
    Di Loreto s.v. - Entra per puntellare la difesa nel finale. Ingiudicabile.
    Pisano 6.5 - Con Rubin forma un`ottima cerniera sulla fascia sinistra alternando le avanzate ai ripiegamenti difensivi. Ferreira Pinto e successivamente Cerci non trovano spazi sulla sua fascia di competenza.
    Colombo s.v. - Sostituisce l`infortunato Abate nel finale. Non giudicabile.
    Rosina 5.5 - In precarie condizioni fisiche, cerca comunque di essere utile alla causa con qualche suggerimento interessante, ma si incaponisce nel cercare la giocata individuale senza riuscirci. Rimane negli spogliatoi nell`intervallo.
    Abate 6.5 - Il suo ingresso in campo porta subito vivacita` alla manovra granata che riesce a sfondare sul lato destro del campo grazie alle sue galoppate. Esce per un infortunio alla caviglia poco dopo la mezzora della ripresa.
    Dzemaili 6.5 - Reduce da un`annata di inattivita`, il giovane centrocampista svizzero cresce di partita in partita mostrando maggior lucidita` nelle geometrie ed efficacia in fase d`interdizione.
    Saumel 6 - Per la mancanza di Zanetti si dedica completamente al lavoro oscuro in interdizione con profitto facendo pero` mancare il suo apporto nella costruzione del gioco.
    Stellone 7 - All`esordio in campionato dal primo minuto, merita mezzo punto in piu` in pagella per la grinta e la continuita` con cui cerca di tenere alta la squadra e lotta nei ripiegamenti difensivi. Sigla con un bel tiro al volo la rete del raddoppio che aveva propiziato con il preciso suggerimento a Rubin.
    Amoruso 7 - Si riscatta dopo l`opaca prova con il Cagliari realizzando il gol che sblocca l`incontro con un colpo di tacco da fuoriclasse. Impegna ancora severamente Coppola con un diagonale che il portiere atalantino respinge con bravura di piede al 70`.

20. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina

Torino 2 - 1 Atalanta
    Amoruso 62 (T), Stellone 64 (T), Floccari 66 (A)
    Stadio Olimpico

Torino got back on track with a sorely-needed victory at the end of an extremely tense encounter.

Gianni De Biasi was hanging by a thread after four straight defeats, including last week's Turin derby, left Toro in penultimate place. Atalanta had a strong start, but had too fallen off the pace recently with one point from two games. Matteo Sereni, Dominique Malonga and Eugenio Corini remained injured, while the Orobici have lost Luca Cigarini for six weeks.

A deflected Dzemaili cross turned into a dangerous shot that Ferdinando Coppola had to palm off the line, while Alex Calderoni was alert to Ferreira Pinto intercepting a Francesco Pratali backpass.

Toro went very close on 33 minutes, as Aimo Diana's cross-shot whipped across the face of goal and nobody was able to get the final decisive touch.

Atalanta lost Max Pellegrino to a muscular problem, but neither side was able to create anything of interest in the first half and the jeers rained down from the stands.

Fan favourite Alessandro Rosina was dropped for the second period, making way for Under-21 international Ignazio Abate. His presence and pace woke Toro up, while Cristiano Doni fired over from distance.

There was finally a goal on the hour mark, as Matteo Rubin placed a low cross in from the left for Nicola Amoruso's tap-in from six yards.

That opened the floodgates, as moments later Toro doubled their lead. Roberto Stellone started the move and finished it, as Rubin's shot was parried back into his path.

Atalanta got themselves back in immediately in controversial circumstances. Sergio Floccari's shot from close range was touched by the goalkeeper and looped up, the Diana goalline clearance hitting the inside of the post, but the referee judged it to have gone in.

Abate went off with an injury to make way for Colombo, while Francesco Pratali had the same problem, but Toro clung on for dear life to take home the three points.

Amoruso nearly struck again, but this time Calderoni got his feet to the ball to keep out the turn.
    Torino: Calderoni; Diana, Natali, Pratali (Di Loreto 77), Pisano; Rubin, Dzemaili, Saumel; Rosina (Abate 46) (Colombo 77); Stellone, Amoruso

21. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina

[youtube]H9w1NlXUEPQ[/youtube]

22. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What is Costly doing now?

23. vanbasten9 redded

Nov 13, 2008
    Club:
    Newark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

bench warming in betachow poland.

he seems to give it his all for his country but i think poland isnt the league for any honduran. i think serie A is the best league for him. wat did you think?? i loved that header against mexico and the left foot blast at canada and that gol against paraguey. i been saying that Torino shoud shign him seen last year.