Top 5 Unforgettable Moments in my Football Experience

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Afshin, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Hey guys,

I am an Iranian fan of Brazil. I read this great article earlier and loved it, especially because as a Brazil fan I remembered all those moments. So I thought I share and may hear what your memorable moements are.

Cheers,

Afshin

2. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Only five? ;)

Well, let's give it a try.

My very first one: Flamengo 3x2 Atlético-MG (1980 – Maracanã - Flamengo won their first Campeonato Brasileiro, that team was incredible, I was only ten and got thrilled by it. Because of that special day, for 25 years I supported that team.)

Flamengo 1x1 Grêmio (1982 – Maracanã – It was the only time I cried watching a football game. Zico saved the day in the last minute and became a personal hero.)

Brazil 2x1 USSR (1982 – Spain – It was my first conscious World Cup experience and I’ll never forget what those guys did within a few minutes. Pure magic.)

Brazil 3x2 Holland (1994 – USA – The most exciting game in that tournament, an anticipated final clearing up the path to bring the World Cup home after 24 years, the first one in my generation.)

Atlético-PR 4x0 Palmeiras (2005 – Curitiba – my children asked me to take them to watch their team play at the Kyocera Arena; it was amazing to see them shouting their passionate feelings out loud at every goal; it was my daughter’s football baptism.)

3. Mane_Garrincha

Mane_Garrincha New Member

Jun 20, 2004
    Canada
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    1990 Italy - Argentian 1 x 0 Brasil --> First time I sat down to watch a game, was only 10 and couldn't believe Maradona spoiled it for me! How many posts did we hit that game?! At least 5!

1995 Copa Libertadores - Gremio 5 X 0 Palmeiras --> One of the best games I've watched in my entire life! Gremio completely dominated the almighty Palmeiras. We beat them on the pitch and off the pitch :D What a team that was Danrlei, Arce, Jardel, Paulo Nunes, Arilson :eek:

1994 USA - Brasil 2X1 Holland --> Branco scores and amazing free kick goal to give Brasil the win!

2002 - Brasil 2 x 0 Germany --> Ronaldo has the best game of his life and gives Brasil its 5th world title.

2002 - Brasil 2 x 1 England --> Ronaldinho lobs Seaman and gives a great through ball to Rivaldo. Great game eventhough the ref almost spoils it for us! To top it off whatelse is better than winning a few bets with your english buddies :D