Top 5 Players in EPL to you?!?!

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by JuveLeoBoy76, May 2, 2007.

1. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know about that one their goal tallies are pretty close ;)

2. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    top five

1) ronaldo
    2) rooney
    3) gerrard
    4) drogba
    5) rooney

really is all about c. ronaldo because he is the EPL.

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    there are 2 Rooneys playing in England?:eek::D

4. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    fug my bad :D still sleepy from spring break
    ...5) fabregas

5. canadianscraggledog

canadianscraggledog New Member

Jun 26, 2005
    London, Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    1. Torres
    2. Adebayor
    3. C. Ronaldo
    4. Berbatov
    5.Arteta

6. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wrong answer. Ronaldo should be on the top of everyone list. Period.

7. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree 100% and I'm a Chelsea supporter. Ronaldo, as annoying as he can be, is the best player in the world. Period.

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Don't know about the world...but no question, for this thread in particular, he should be #1.

9. KumarsS

KumarsS Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Champaign, IL
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Also a Chelsea supporter, and I agree with everything here.

10. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    I can't think of any better players this year than Ronaldo, Kaka has been poor, Messi has shown glimpses but nothing amazing consistantly, they are his only 2 real rivals.

11. roykeanes_safc

Jun 26, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So they play in the same position do they?

Scoring goals isnt a centre defenders job

12. Twix

Twix New Member

Apr 28, 2007
    1. Cesc and Hleb don't play the same position but you still applied the "goals is the hardest thing to do in football" with both of them, regardless of their different positions.

2. Scoring goals is neither a central midfielders nor a wide player's job either.

Anyways, using your logic, surely you must think that Frankie Lampard has been better than Essien, Joe Cole, Ronaldinho, Ballack, Scholes, Messi, Deco, Gerrard, Fabregas, Arteta, etc. the last few years?

13. roykeanes_safc

Jun 26, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A) they are both attacking midfielders within the same team therefore applying goals is quite significant.

B) Scoring goals is a attacking midifielders job, they are their to support the strikers.

C) Lampard can only really be compared to cole and ballack as they are within the same team and attacking minded players. Lampard has been more crucial to Chelsea the last few years than both these players.

I was making the argument in regrad to players with similar performances and stats in Hleb and Fabregas. Does Lampard have the same assists as Deco and Ronaldinhio, no he doesnt so he isnt better.

There is much difference between Hleb and Fabregas other than their goal tallys which is the tiebreaker in deciding the better player.

14. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Essien is more important than Lampard.

15. KumarsS

KumarsS Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Champaign, IL
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ballack and Cole have both been better and more valuable than Lampard this season.

16. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Messi has definately played well this year but its his lack of games because of injuries that are hurting his rating

17. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    In overall contribution Messi is slightly over rated, he will have a fairly poor game but then out of no where will take it past 3 men and score a goal, consistancy is what makes players great.

Ballack and Cole better and more valuable than Lampard, hahah. Lampard has been the best and most important player at Chelsea for the past 3/4 years, yes better than Essien (who has only had 1 stand out season) in which Lampard was also amazing, Ballack has played well this season, but only when Lampard hasn't been in the team, when Lampard came back in he started to dominate again. Without Lampard's goals over the past few seasons Chelsea wouldn't have won the titles, I can't think of another player like him in the world, tireless around the whole pitch, has a great range of passes, a good mind and a great shot. I think Ballack is probably a better player, but not in a Chelsea shirt.

18. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See, one of the huge reasons Lampard is so good is because of two/three players. First, Drogba. Drogba attracts so much attention and marking from defenses that he opens up space for Lampard. Second, Essien/Makelele have done very well the last three seasons in anchoring the midfield and playing good defense. These two factors allow for Lampard, and to a lesser extent Joe Cole, to roam free and score goals at will.

19. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And this is probably why Lampard doesn't do well for England. He doesn't have a Maka to help him in the back or a Drogba to 'open up space for him'. England have Hargreaves and errrr Rooney instead. ;)

20. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually that is true. That and Sven and McSven both tried to play Gerrard and Lampard together which caused all kinds of problems.

21. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just like when Grant tries to play Lampard with Ballack. ;) Wow tactics are easy when you think about them.

22. KumarsS

KumarsS Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Champaign, IL
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Lampard and Ballack have been playing very well together since Lamps' return from injury.

23. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its been great at times but they're still running into each other's areas. Yes I'll admit that it has been an improvement recently though.

24. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Exactly, none of this makes Lampard any worse a player, all the best players are complimented by other players, Fabregas Flamini and Hleb all rely on each other aswell.

25. Peter of Portugal

Peter of Portugal New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Top 5 Players in the EPL right now are:

1. Cristiano Ronaldo
    2. Emmanuel Adebayour
    3. Fernando Torres
    4. Steven Gerrard
    5. Francesc Fabergas