Top 5 matches in MLS history [R]

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Buzz Killington, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the San Jose - LA game last week and this weeks San Jose - KC getting a lot of talk about how exciting they were and where they rank as all time MLS matches, I thought I'd ask what people thought were the top 5 matches in MLS history. Here are four of mine in no particular order, just as I remember them

San Jose - KC 3-2 2003
    San Jose - LA 4-2 (5-4) 2003
    DC - LA 3-2 MLS Cup
    KC - LA 1-0 (1-0 mini-game) 2000 playoffs

2. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    10-27-99

Chi 2 Dal 3

Dallas goes down 0-2 deficit in the first six minutes, comes back to win, 3-2. Jeff Bradley called it best game in MLS history prior to the SJ LA 5-2 game of 03 cup playoffs.

3. Toffees_rule

Toffees_rule New Member

Feb 11, 2000
    SFSU
    you could also add the fire-metros 2000 match as soldier field, late game goal by razov ends what would have been an incredible comback by the mutts.

4. Toffees_rule

Toffees_rule New Member

Feb 11, 2000
    SFSU
    there was also the 3-3 draw between the fusion and the galaxy in 2000...the 4-4 draw between the mutts and quakes...and that 5-4 or 6-5 (i forget what the score was) game between the mutts and dallas where clint scored 5 of 6 goals for ny.

5. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To me, there are 4 games that come to mind.

The last two the Quakes have played, the Chicago-Dallas match from '99, and MLS Cup I.

The Chicago-Dallas match seems to be getting forgotten. It was a great, great match.

6. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny thing is, for all the complaints about the "stamp size" Spartan stadium, the Quakes really know how to entertain the crowd and viewers with some eye-catching soccer....Best games i've seen -at least this yr-:
    Metro-Earthquakes 4-4 @ Giants Stadium
    The last 2 Earthquakes games
    Columbus vs. New England (come from behind win)
    From previous yrs
    DC beating LA @ MLS cup
    Dallas vs. Fire in 99, based on reputation alone, have not seen it or just can't recall whether i did

7. Tony in Quakeland

Jan 27, 2003
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a regular season game between the Quakes and the Crew at Spartan that wound up 4-3 Quakes (I think that was the score). Unbeleivable end to end action, great skills--mind-blowing. I think Ridge Mahoney called it the greatest game in league history after it. Last night and last week both topped it.