Toon

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by WillieB, Jan 3, 2006.

1. WillieB

WillieB New Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Motherwell
    Shut
    The
    Fúck
    Up.

If you don't like the new forum layout. Post something in the suggestions forum.

If you think someone is being a "bigot" then report him. Do not get into some little bitch fight.

Seems that anytime anyone has a discussion you don't like you get into a strop and start throwing your moderator weight about, the Graham Rix thread is another example. This is a discussion forum and it's quite simple, if people don't like a thread they can simply ignore it.

Why report someone for being narrow-minded because that's what a bigot is, a narrow minded person but maybe you think it only has something to do with secterianism, that's narrow minded in itself.

So you can shut the fúck up and you can also stick your forum up your fúcking 4R5E.

No need to red card me as I won't be back, and unlike spursman I won't waste my time logging in with a new username. Don't bother sending me any private messages either as they'll go straight into my junk mail folder which gets deleted without the mails being opened.

2. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Oh I'm very sorry if you think discussion of child molestation belong on a football forum.

It is my job to keep the threads ON TOPIC. This means that if two posters start having some little fight about which one of them is a "bigot" then that has nothing to do with football. If the thread had stayed on topic and carried on discussing why you don't like the new layout and what you think should be done about it then it would still be open.

I know exactly what a bigot is that is why I said "bigot".

3. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    You should have split the thread and dumped the crap in the bin. It might also have been best to take an active role in the initial topic and explain why things were moved around without any warning. In conclusion, you are a fascist. Happy New Year and I hope the injuries clear up. :)

4. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I don't know why things were moved around. I am trying to get things back to the way they were.

Facism has its good points.

5. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    WillieB, or is that Willie with a B :rolleyes:

You said:

'Glasgow, and the outlying suburbs, has about 18% of the population of Scotland, they have three football teams two of which are Celtic and Rangers - is that a genuine enough reason for you.'

Glasgow has FOUR football teams, when you were young it had FIVE. It you take the boundaries of Glasgow out to be 18% of Scotland's population you would be including at least THREE additional clubs to that. It's funny how so many make this 'genuine' decision and doesn't go for Thistle and ignores Clyde and QP.

(Just had to get that off my chest)

6. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Glasgow, the city, has around 10% of Scotland's population. If you're going to add "outlying suburbs" - almost doubling "Glasgow's" population - then there are teams like St. Mirren to compete with as well.

Let's not forget that within Glasgow proper's boundaries there is one very well supported junior team (Pollok) and several that have three-figure supports. A few miles out of town (in the suburbs) you can find teams like Bellshill.

Edit: 2001 Census results:-

Total population of Scotland: 5,062,011

Total population of "City of Glasgow" (Council area; for its borders, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Glasgow) - 577,670

Total population for the Glasgow Locality (as defined by the Census) - 629,501

Let's take the census result as the fairer one, even though around 50,000 of these people do not actually live in Glasgow.

Glasgow Locality comprises 12.44% of the population of Scotland.

As I've said above, if we start looking at an extra 6% (to take it to the 18%), we find more clubs, like Airdrie, St. Mirren, Hamilton etc.

The Central Belt as a whole comprises around half of Scotland's population, but this belt (as defined, again, by the Census people) stretches from Inverclyde to East Lothian, from South Ayrshire to Clackmannanshire. It may put a great chunk of Scotland's population within easy travel distance of Ibrox and Parkhead, but it also includes around half of Scotland's senior clubs.

In fact, more than half. Here are the league clubs that play outside the Central Belt:

ICT
    Ross County
    Dundee
    Dundee United
    Aberdeen
    Forfar
    Brechin
    Montrose
    Arbroath
    St. Johnstone
    Queen of the South
    Stranraer
    Gretna
    Berwick
    Cowdenbeath
    Dunfermline
    East Fife
    Raith Rovers
    Stirling Albion

That's 19 out of 42, and Stirling Albion is debatable since Stirling has such excellent and frequent transport links to the major cities.

7. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Also, let's not forget that a vast proportion of RFC/CFC fans - not just those who profess allegiance and buy the replica kits but even those who travel to home and away matches - live nowhere near Glasgow. Greenock is home to one of the world's biggest CSCs, for example, and we're a good hour away from Parkhead (and it's not as if Greenock is a suburb of Glasgow; while many commuters to Glasgow live in Inverclyde there are miles of open country between here and the city and Greenock very much retains its own identity.)

When I was a kid I was an armchair Rangers fan. I used to read the Rangers News, and there was a travel page, with notices from Loyal this and Order that from all over the country. Busses from Stranraer and Inverness leaving at seven in the morning to get to Ibrox! Now, you might see that for clubs outwith the Old Firm, but it's very much a rare occurence.

Long story short, the population isn't the full story. Berlin only has one team in the top 2 divisions of German football, yet Hertha isn't as popular as Dortmund (one team but a much smaller city) or the giant of Bayern Munich (Munich is, of course, a large city, but 1860 Munich is another big team, then there are a couple of other Bavarian teams in the BL1/2 system, including one in Munich's suburbs, Unterhaching.)

8. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Indeed.

9. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Face-ism?

10. TimBhoy

TimBhoy New Member

Jul 26, 2003
    Glasgow, Scotland

He means if it fits yer in...most cliquey board in existence.

Nae need to storm aff willie