Toon-bolton [R]

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by CrewToon, Sep 20, 2003.

1. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Perhaps 3 points will be coming.

2. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    hmmmm... or not

what the hell is wrong with newcastle at home?

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    What happened to St. James Park being the fortress that it was? :(

4. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well this doesn't sound encouraging with your guys' posts. WTF?

5. Trackman20

Trackman20 Member

May 14, 2003
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you'll remember last season after Newcastle got their first victory they ran off 21 (something in that range) unbeaten. I think its just a matter of time before we see them spark up and get hot.

6. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    The big problem is that Partizan Belgrade showed the Premiership how to play best play the Toon. For all intents and purposes, Belgrade played a 1-9-1, and Newcastle does not have the patience to handle bunker ball.

Birmingum topped that by playing agressive bunker ball, and the rest of the clubs have followed.

Frankly, I think that the Toon have a better chance on the road simply because their opponents' supporters would not settle for their clubs playing for a point at home, which would open things up for Newcastle to play its game.

The above was evident by the Toon's ability to collect 2 goals at Everton - albeit by PK - when it was down to 10 men (courtesy of Frogbert).

I think Friday's match at Arsenal will be a wide open affair. The club may not win but the Gunners won't be bunkering down either.