Tony Lochhead, a Left Back on trial for 10 days.

Discussion in 'Middlesbrough' started by AllWhitebeliever, Jul 30, 2008.

1. AllWhitebeliever

AllWhitebeliever Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2006
    On the injury table
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    Hi there, I hope guys are keeping an eye on him. He's a New Zealander with a defensive impressive record in US College soccer, Major League Soccer and A-League. He has outstanding record for assists as a defender. He's the first player to be written on the starting lineup everywhere he goes.

He has played against the Brazilian National Team in 2006. Done U17 and U20 World cups as captain. He is clearly the most fittest player in the A-League's Wellington Phoenix club. In 2004 after the college, he was part of the Orange County Blue Star get to the USL PDL Southwest Division Champions just before getting into New England Revolution MLS. In 2005 New England Revolutions were MLS runners-up.

I certainly hope he gets an EPL contract with you guys.

:cool:

2. Rocket Dog

Rocket Dog New Member

May 25, 2008
    North East UK
    Wasnt training with the squad at the open day this morning

3. AllWhitebeliever

AllWhitebeliever Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2006
    On the injury table
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    MMmmm. . . Not sure whether Southgate means that he needs more experience or not? To comment that he had the ability but not the experience for the everchanging speed and style of the Premiership has me mystified. :confused:

Southgate is still keeping an eye on him? eh?

Is US College, MLS, A-league experience are not enough background? I can't see anything in the Championship the league below that would justify the Premiership changing pace. The only experience would be actually playing in the league. How on earth does anyone get Premiership experience without playing in the Premiership?

He should have given him some pre-season games to really try him out. The A-league is the Championship's equal and he is the best LB in the competition.

A bit cutthroat for Tony. Not even a reserve spot offer. But then he would get a better deal to stay with the Wellington Phoenix.

4. Rocket Dog

Rocket Dog New Member

May 25, 2008
    North East UK
    Boro are looking at Paul Verhaegh, from Vitesse Arnhem as a Left back now and also Greene from Feyenoord. We seem to be scouting dutch talent now :confused: