Ton Kaanen

Discussion in 'Israel' started by Nimrodg, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Nimrodg

Nimrodg New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    ISRAEL
    What do you think about him so far?
    Beitar IMO made a really big mistake, they should've let him stay. So far he really looks as one of the top coaches that were in Israel, although his record isn't impressing.

I really hope that Maccabi Tel-Aviv will sign him, but i don't sure if we have enough funds for him :eek:

2. MaccabiMike

MaccabiMike New Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Miami
    I think he is awesome! He is a coach that is very attack/offensive minded.
    As for the funds he was only getting paid about $70,000 at Betar. I am sure Maccabi can afford him.

I think with Ton Cannen coaching, Maccabi could finnish in the top three or win the league cup and qualify for the UEFA cup next season. Maccabi has the talent and needs a great technical coach like Cannen!

3. Rupschnik

Rupschnik New Member

Nov 27, 2005
    Ramat Gan
    He and his late experiences are worth to get a chance with Maccabi TA - what a pity that both clubs (Beitar & Macc TA) don't play against each other in nearest future ... next week would be sooo fine with me ... :D

I wish Ton the best of fairness and luck!

4. MaccabiMike

MaccabiMike New Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Miami
    They will face eachother late January in the Totto cup. Usually those Totto cup matches are useless and boring but this one will be different.

Maccabi made the right choice with Kaanen, he may not be as experienced as the French Frog at Betar but he is energetic, exciting, loves attacking style and gets the players 110% motivated. Betar was fun to watch when Kaanen was there, even I rooted for them (except against Maccabi)!

Maccabi will take 2'nd place and win the cup with Kaanen. Considering how the season started I think a UEFA cup spot will be a great achievment!!!!

5. Rupschnik

Rupschnik New Member

Nov 27, 2005
    Ramat Gan
    Late January? Thanks for that information.

As the soap continues we have to ask some more questions now: Will those trainers still be in Israel then, so late in January next year? Or will they be back already? Maybe Fernandez at Maccabi and Kaanen back to Beitar? :D

To be continued ...

6. This guy is a nobody but it is just like the whole Gabriel Lima thing. Lima came from no where, had a few good round in Lligat ha'Al and before you know it, we were asking him to play for the Israeli national team.