Tommorrow's Tottenham Special

Discussion in 'Wagering' started by G-boot, Aug 18, 2006.

1. G-boot

G-boot Member

Manchester United
    Nov 6, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    okay, I've never bet before. But here goes nothing.

www.Mansion.com has a special where if I place an asian handicap bet on tottenham over bolton, they refund my bet if I lose. Its a promotional thing, and I want know if its worth it.

12:15 Tottenham Hotspur Draw Bolton Wanderers

I see how the asian handcap works, but what do these odds mean.

Asian Handicap
    +0 Tottenham -119

+0 bolton -103

any help? thanks.

2. Hammond Egg

Hammond Egg New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    If you back Tottenham, and they win, you will get back your stake, plus 100/119ths of it - this will convert to 1.84 in European decimal format

If you back Bolton, and they win, you will get back your stake plus
    100/103rds of it - this will convert to 1.97 in European decimal format

The draw is eliminated from Asian handicaps; if the game is drawn, all stakes, whether on Bolton or Tottenham, will be returned.

In USA format, a negative odds number will show how many units you wiould have to bet to profit by 100 units if your bet wins; a positive odds number would show how many units you will profit by if you stake 100 units and your bet wins.

3. Hammond Egg

Hammond Egg New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    A couple more things to say about this.

Mansion are Tottenham's shirt sponsors - with the way things work they'll probably attract quite a few bets on Spurs this season, and will adjust their prices on Spurs downwards accordingly.

Their overrounds - the profit margins they build into their prices - are very much on the high side for this type of bet. On the weekend's games in the EPL they are about105.6%; typical overround is about 102.6% on this type of bet - Bet365 are offering prices of 2.0 Bolton and 1.9 Tottenham on the same game, with zero handicap.

Having said that, I wouldn't reject a free offer like that out of hand; but check to see whether you have to match their offer with another bet.

4. G-boot

G-boot Member

Manchester United
    Nov 6, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks so much guys. Hope I win.