Toluca official thread [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Clubs' started by toot86, Jul 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't think so. they'll have to go to the CCC.

2. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Looks like Marioni is going to Boca.

3. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  4. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  5. AlbertotreblA

AlbertotreblA New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    México City
    Hey algun rumor o algo sobre un nuevo delantero de los diablos? que se traigan al kikin o algun delantero mexicano de calidad para que se muestre en esta libertadores (nada en contra de los buenos delanteros extranjeros que han pasado por este equipo....pero ¿hace cuanto no tienen un centro delantero mexicano?)

6. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    i have been wondering the same thing, but all i have heard about is an hondureno Wilson Palacios who toluca were interested in, and that would be a great signing because he is a strong talented forward who some european teams are also after and his style is sort of like David Suazo's

7. chris2787

chris2787 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Man we should get Vuoso, Gallego would turn him into a star, and Americas not using him. We should also look into Humberto Suazo from Colo Colo, that dude is tight.

8. hura

hura Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Bayamón, Puerto Rico
  9. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
  10. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  11. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    It looks like if Toluca is trying to get Avalos to take Marioni's place they are in for a big dissapointment. Because i went to the Paraguay board and asked about him and they don't have too many positive things to say about him and it looks like he hasn't scored in quite a while that is why the team is letting him go easily. If i was toluca i would start looking for another striker just in case Avalos is not what they are expecting.

12. DCDireWolf

DCDireWolf Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mexican football is new to me. I also have another new addition to my life, a new father in law (as of this coming Fall). This new father-in-law is a native of Toluca and a big fan of Los Diablos Rojos.

Since I am a fan of the sport, and a kiss-up, it's time for me to adopt Toluca as a favorite team and follow them a bit. At my wedding I need to be able to talk a good game with my new inlaws.

So questions . . . who are the best players on the team? What is their style of play? Do they have rivals? Traditions to know about? Quirky customs or rituals? Stories every fan of Toluca should know?

How does the season work, I know there are two rounds of play with a corresponding tournament each year (Apertura starting in the summer and Clausura starting in the winter). But what is the incentive for winning other than the championship? Does either tournament give a team a birth to some other competition? Where did Toluca finish in the last Apertura?

I'm ignorant, so flame away if that's your style, if not, throw me some knowledge, and THANK YOU!

13. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    best players- sinha, vicente sanchez, carlos esquivel

style of play-counter attack

stories every fan should know- toluca has been the most successful team in the fmf in recent times.

Jose Cardozo setting the league scoring record in 2002.

14. DCDireWolf

DCDireWolf Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jared . . . thank you.

15. DCDireWolf

DCDireWolf Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If not for the goal post, and if not for the fact that no one in red seemed willing to pass the ball on the attack, today's result would have been victory and not a draw.

16. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    El Tolo in racist accusation

Quoted in Record today. following his sending off in the 2 all draw with Pumas:-

"Estoy molesto porque me echaron, según el árbitro hice gestos, pero me echan por ser extranjero"

¡que fuerte! I have to say I thought that Hector Gomez was not a very good ref, and it looked to me (on the telly), that Gallego looked a bit annoyed about Hassan being sent off, and was making this known, but it really did not look at all bad to me, and I was very surprised when he sent him off. Of course, you can only tell so much without being there, but it looked harsh to me (and I'm a Pumas fan...)

So do think anything will happen as a result of this quote?

17. DCDireWolf

DCDireWolf Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    will anything happen? other than other calls likely not going his way now? probably not.

18. DCDireWolf

DCDireWolf Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Toluca. Only undefeated team in the Liga.

Carry on.

19. Manoro3

Manoro3 Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Los Ángeles
    I don't know if you've figured out from watching games, but Toluca's official porra takes off their shirts if Toluca scores the first goal.

As for the league format, I know that the campeón de la liguilla gets a slot in the CONCACAF Champions Cup, which Chivas and Pachuca are in right now for winning the last two respectively. That and a spot in the Copa Sudamericana that Pachuca won last time around.

I'm not too sure about the Copa Libertadores slots, but América and Necaxa got in from co-winning the Interliga tournament in January, and I think Toluca got in by losing the Recopa last fall [game between champions of two consecutive tournaments, in this case the 2005 tournaments] to América, which gave América the slot for the World Club tournament and Toluca the Libertadores slot as a consolation prize.

20. DCDireWolf

DCDireWolf Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Manoro. I'm catching on fast. Hope to get to a match soon.

21. diabloingles

diabloingles New Member

Feb 27, 2007
    Hi.I'm new to this forum.
    I am an english Toluca fan.
    Like DCDireWolf I started following Toluca when I married a "choricera".
    We usually get back to Mexico every winter so I'll usually get a few matches in.
    Unfortunately UK TV doesn't show mexican games-or the Libertadores,it seems....

DCDireWolf,hope you get to a match soon.
    If you can get a place in sol where the ambiente is.But be prepared to sing cus they don't like you going up there and staying quiet-it spoils the atmosphere!
    And you're gonna stand out as it is,guero!

BTW it's only La Perra Brava that take off their shirts.

Arriba Toluca!!!

22. DCDireWolf

DCDireWolf Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice, I'm not the only one who married into the team. Looks like I picked the wrong year to do so though. Horrible play so far, especially to close out matches.

23. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yeah you should have been a fan in 2002 when toluca destroyed each team on their way to the title. i have never seen a team dominate the league like they did.

24. diabloingles

diabloingles New Member

Feb 27, 2007
    Toluca in 2002 were something else....
    Unstoppable at home.it was not if they won,but how many they won by.
    2002 final 4-1 against Morelia in the Nemesio Diaz.
    What a team!