Toluca official thread [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Clubs' started by toot86, Jul 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    telefutura con mayorga y la torre de jalisco

se burlan Mucho del 'adorno' que es palencia en los primeros 30 minutos de juego. Toluca muestra mas ganas y mas futbol por ahora.

0-0

3. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    http://www.ovaciones.com/futnac/ajos.html

I hate Lebrija and the Toluca institution with a passion. Toluca has had thier fair share of help from the refs and no one has ever said anything. I'm glad thier cycle is coming to an end and hope for another 30 years of absolute d1ck for them.

4. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001

Total lack of class.

5. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    I think the sportswritters make it sound like a classless act ,I've met Lebrija and perez stroifer (America) they'r both alot more friendly and down to earth then the stuck-up chilango reporters from Ovaciones . they probably went out for a beer after the game .

6. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I too have met Lebrija. I have a lot of family in Toluca and met him through my cousin. He just rubs me the wrong way.

I have never met Perez Stroifer, but I did meet Javier Perez Tueffer. I met the dude twice. He is a busy man. He came across as a nice dude, but you can tell he has a million things on his mind.

Who is Perez Stroifer? This better not be typo. How can you call yourself an Americanista and not know the president of your club. :D

7. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Do you remember when Mexico beat Honduras and qualifed for the WC. Do you remember the royal rumble in the dressing room that Lebrija started because he wasnt allowed into the dressing room?

Honestly, Lebrija is what you call in Mexico a "mantenido". He is there because he licks the Diez's family's ass. Toluca was the team to beat when Lebrija was President of the First Division, which always struck me as odd. Toluca always got wierd calls, but no one would ever say anything.

I know it was a penalty, but he didnt say anything last season when Isreal Lopez molested Frankie Oviedo rght infront of the ref and Oviedo's reaction cuased him his red card (which is still juvenile but if the ref would have called the game accurately, it would have been a different story). Israel Lopez did the same shyt this game, but America did not fall for it. Isreal should have been booked twice and gone off. He doesnt say that does he?

8. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Levante,

to add on to Lebrija... i remember when the elections were taking place, Lebrija said that Victor Garces would not get his vote. That he didnt trust him, but respected him as a person. Granted, Victor Garces is not one of my favorites either, but has Cruz Azul gained by him... if you call the worst Cruz Azul in history gaining... then maybe.. but not as obvious as Lebrija

9. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    <b>No Mames !</b> :D

10. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    ssssssssss....

whats the problem...

aging players?
    a troubled coach?
    a President that thinks gold never loses its luster and that a rose never dies?

11. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wow this the back pages.

12. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  13. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    that is stupid IMO

they have Abundis, Cardozo, Cristante, Rangel, etc.

they are getting old. They need to sit down and think about what positions they need to fill and who they need to get.

I hear Zinha wants t leave

14. soccerdude0981

soccerdude0981 New Member

Mar 3, 2005
    mcallen,tx
    how do u know zinha wants t leave?

15. Dorado

Dorado New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Tijuana, BC, México
    Deja José Cardozo al Toluca

El paraguayo José Cardozo sale de los Diablos Rojos tras no llegar a un acuerdo económico, por lo que jugará en Qatar

El Diablo Mayor leaves Toluca, I wish him good luck.

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. gvfatlas

gvfatlas Member

Oct 6, 2004
    GDL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well, good luck to Cardozo in Quatar.

It's gonna be weird not seeing him anymore with Toluca.

he coached River Plate a couple years ago, he won the Arg. championship with them in 2000? 2001? can't recall which year.

17. Dorado

Dorado New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Tijuana, BC, México
    Presentan a Américo Gallego como nuevo timonel del Toluca

http://mediotiempo.com/pi/noticia.php?id_noticia=6564

[​IMG]

It is official we have a new coach....... TOLUCA CAMPEON !!!

18. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Maybe...if not then the season after this one...hopefully this guy gets together a good team.

19. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    for you Toluca fans

i was watching an interview last night on Television Mexiquense and Valentin Diez was talking about several issues regarding your club

one of the them was the floodlight/stadium issue....

well... the reporter was asking some questions that were leading up to the lighting and stadium and Diez knew it.. so he basically started to talk about it...

he said that it was a tough issue because the club is clueless as to why the fan base is not responding. He said that he is surprised after all the success the club has had that the stadium has been at 40% capacity. He said if the fans would respond, that who would build it. He also said if the fans respond, he would put the lights. He did know what would be better if a new stadium or a floodlights would get more people into the stands.

he did say they hired this marketing firm to do a complete analysis (demographic, economical, migration, etc) and as a result of that that some changes (if needed) would be done. He emphasized that the stadium is not out fo the question, but that it is not in the making.

20. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Damn it is gonna be weird not seein Pepe with Toluca

21. alekjandro

alekjandro New Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Guadalajara
    its just me or cardozo accted like a little DIVA..about his contrat and stuff like that.?

22. Dorado

Dorado New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Tijuana, BC, México
    I think he just wants to retire a rich man (1.8 million dollars richer :D ).

[​IMG]

23. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    There have been some problems with Cardozo and Tolucas directiva. I believe Cardozo had too much influence on the squad and the directiva didnt like that. Many even believe Ferreti left because of el Diablo Mayor and Toluca at this point wanted to cash in on Cardozo and tried selling him a few times but el Diablo Mayor would accept any offers and now he leaves on a free transfer, d'oh.. .

24. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    And they could have had Tevez for Cardozo a year or so ago!

25. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not Tevez...it was someone else.