Tollway eyeing trip through Frisco

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by swedcrip34, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know I've got to bitch about something so here it goes. Construction traffic and detours will be an effing nightmare :D

2. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I'm glad to see that NTTA was forward thinking enough to go all the way through to 380. Had they made 720 the endpoint of this extension, it would have made traffic to the stadium MUCH worse, particularly for midweek games. Yes, construction might make things difficult for a while, but weekend traffic along that stretch of DNT isn't that bad.

3. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The good thing as well, is they already have the right of ways for the mainlanes of the freeway and the service road already goes past Main (720?). Shouldn't take long after they start to have it up and runing. Direct access from 121 to NB Tollway will be a mess.

The major problems will be when they start on the 121 projects. This will affect those fans from the West and some from East. :(

4. inferno man

inferno man Member

Nov 26, 1999
    Texas
    Bush Turnpike is only a couple of miles south on 35 then to the tollway.

5. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    Once the tollway extension is done it will be great for all. They are eyeing 2007 for completion all the way to 380. It is possible that the stretch up to Main st/720 will be finished before that. You will be amazed how quickly they build a tollroad in relation to building a state funded road. Plus, much of the infrastructure i.e. service roads are already done much of the way.