Today's Game vs Minnesota

Discussion in 'FC Edmonton' started by Prosoccercdn, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Finally our own forum!!! FC Edmonton really needs to win this game. Should be an evenly matched close game though but FCE has the astroturf experience advantage!

Hopefully a good turnout tonight with the good weather. Go FC Ecmonton!!!

2. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's great that the forum now exists. Thank you mods! I hope the team had a great crowd tonight as well.

Still think that the stadium is a big issue for the team. Hope it finds a better place to play next year.

3. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A nice win for the Eddies (3-1 over the Stars) to keep them safely in the playoff hunt.

I think the team needs to make the playoffs in their first year. From some past posts by locals, the team's attendance might suffer due to the failure of past teams and if they can survive into year two then the idea suggested by some was that the team would get more fans. I'm not in Edmonton so I don't know if this is true at all - I'm skeptical to say the least. I still think the awful field has a lot to do with attendance being so low.

Hopefully making the playoffs can help attendance in year two so the FO can market a winning a team.

4. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 Games to go (Montreal has 4 to go).

FC Edmonton with a 8 point lead, so they are pretty much in the playoffs (unless they lose out and Montreal wins out)

5. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nice to see the mods finally get an Edmonton forum up, thanks everyone. Eddies got themselves a HUGE win at home last night, just like the Strikers. Minnesota has been in a slump of late, and it's starting to feel like it will probably be them that is fighting to hold off Montreal as things come down to the wire.

As for Edmonton's future, it seems at this point it's definitely tied to them getting a better stadium situation. For the moment one that isn't that cement-like turf that keeps hurting players, and preferably without tha football lines too...... I too am rooting for the Eddies to make the playoffs. Let Montreal go up to MLS with their tail between their legs having missed the playoffs. LOL

6. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This^^. I agree with completely! No playoffs for the Impact! How great would it be for the Eddies to market - hey we made the NASL playoffs but the MLS bound Impact could not!

Too funny...

7. ahuber

ahuber New Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Edmonton
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Big win, and we even managed to pull it off without Hammy. I was nervous for that.

8. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh hi! Your own forum! Hope to see some traffic here soon. :)