To "WIN" MLS Cup 2002, the Quakes need to.....

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by living_ded_boy, Aug 5, 2002.

1. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    I think they need an upgrade at two positions, right mid and right back. One or the other, not necessarily both, then they will be assured the Cup.

2. SJEarthquakes

SJEarthquakes New Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Boston Area
    I think they need to start getting better on the road. Sure, they've done spectacularly, but most of their losses, all of them recently, have come from playing away.

3. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Do you think that is because the talent level gets exploited on the road because of the bigger less confining(concrete walls) fields?

4. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    ewwwwww......2-7-2.....that's hideous. :(

5. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    yes, road woes must cease....now is a perfect time to fix this problem....

also, I think FY needs to sit the Golden Boy down and help him regain the focus/hunger which helped lead the Quakes to MLS Cup 2001.....

6. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After the Open Cup game, Wednesday, they will have ten days to the next game. I hope that is enough to get them rested up and fully match-fit.

7. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Hmmmm......i'm suprised that people don't think we need to upgrade to WIN the MLS Cup....I think that an upgrade is the difference between getting there and winning it. It is a small difference but a necessary one, Quakes existence in SJ could possibly be on the line at that time. Chicago and NYNJ will be playing much better around that time as will Dallas, Colo and a rejuvinated KC.

8. Mr. Bandwagon

Mr. Bandwagon Member

Terremotos
    May 24, 2001
    the Barbary Coast
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can gazza play right mid? ;)

9. Defender

Defender Member

Joe's Plumbing 86ers
    Feb 16, 2001
    San Francisco CA
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get healthy. We have the talent to win the Cup. We just need to get organized and focused.

10. clashcityrocker

Mar 12, 1999
    In the shadow of RFK
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    ...score more goals than the other team?

That aside, are we talking about a different kind of "win"? Should I make little finger quote motions when I say it? ;)

11. USItalianofan

USItalianofan New Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Modesto CA
    I don't think we need an upgrade...we have the potential to do a lot better then we already are. We just need to pick it up. Something is going on that we aren't winning away games. Maybe this log rest will be the answer. Guess we will see. This late in the season I don't think an upgrade would help us. Just hurt us!!!!