To the nimrod who lit the road flare in s8

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by williamsbmwfan, Sep 24, 2003.

1. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    We aims to please :)

2. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    I'm saying let's do things our way and not any other country/cultures way.

3. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    I'm absolutely cool with that...I was merely answering Pyro's argument of "And this is the reason MLS will never have the crazy atmosphere we see overseas."

4. williamsbmwfan

williamsbmwfan New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Oak Park
    Re: Re: To the nimrod who lit the road flare in s8

heh.. that comment does rule.. but it is(was) an awesome shirt (which other than my fire jersey is the most expensive shirt I own).. keeps one warm in the coldest of temps.

http://www.newbalance.com/productbr...ct=MHZ1959&product_type=apparel&sport=Running

Pyro, my shirt would be undamaged by a water spraying bus (so nyahh!). Like I say, if you don't want people in the section that love the team and will yell the entire game.. then who do you want?
    I don't think it's all that out-of-the-ordinary that I don't want to be set on fire and would like to go home with my clothes in the same condition they came in. Stupid me.

5. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hang on a second lemme call the Waambulance.
    Waaaa... Waaaaa!

6. Finnegan

Finnegan Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    Here in Portland we have found that dropping a couple of smoke bombs in a five gallon bucket (we have lot's of buckets in 107 because of the drummers) is a great way to get some pyro going without folks getting hurt. The bucket creates a delay of sorts and people know to get out of the way; with the added benefit of the smoke bomb lighter being able to make a clean disassociation.

Smoke bombs arent as cool as flares but they still provide some atmosphere without the flames.

The only incidents we have had with smoke bombs, flares etc was when a overzealous security guard stormed into the section this year and started spraying everything and everyone with fire estinguisher. Hit a few folks square in the chest and body. We were not pleased.

7. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    That's hillarious.

8. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Phillip, can you supply the flowers for the next game? We can lace them along the handrails.

9. Atmosphere

Yeah, nothing like flares and smoke bombs for atmosphere...Woo hoo...And I especially love the urine filled cups poured and thrown from the upper sections. Oh and the firecrackers too...Yeah there is nothling like getting shitefaced drunk and playing with fire and coming home smelling like urine after a match. Except for the cut in my forehead from some idiot that threw a half dollar at me.

That pretty much is what happened at Soldier Field the last time Mexico was there. Ah the memories. Hmmm wonder what the atmosphere will be like at the doubleheader with Fire in USOC final and Mexico v Uruaguay??

10. JonJon

JonJon New Member

Aug 18, 2003
    Chicago
  11. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    That does seem like an amazing game to be at but I hope we don't ever exactly need 6' fences around the seats.

12. JerzyRebel

JerzyRebel New Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Land of Paulie Walnuts
    Does anyone else find the irony in people complaining about being burned by fire at a CHICAGO FIRE game. That $hit is too funny.

Clearly, places like Italy have mastered the art of using the road flare to create atmosphere. Can't somebody just do some research and figure out how to do it right without burning people or their precious clothing?

13. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Normally, there's a row of people in front with the flares, not some guy lighting one in the middle of the section.

14. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Overheard at that match:

Patron #1: "Hey buddy, was that offside? I couldn't see through the smoke."

Patron #2: "Offside? Oh! You mean the game? Sorry, I wasn't paying any attention to that. Could you pass that flare down?"

15. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Legia fans? I'm sure they were talking about gassing Jews.

16. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    What the *#*#*#*#*#?

17. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Holy S dude.....

18. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Read the piece in FourFourTwo from maybe 4 months ago where they interview one of the Legia Ultras.

19. Hey, I loved Easy Rider!

20. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I said _bad_ 60's biker Movies like Wild Rebels:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0062493/

Easy Rider was a cowboy movie disguised as a biker film to increase profit margins. It worked.

21. Wrong!!!

What you posted only shows how little you know about such spectacles in Poland. Only a very small percentage of fans attending games don't pay attention to the game. Obviously there are such people in the stands but it is a far smaller fraction than anywhere in the US (sometimes you can find more in the concourses than in the seats--I still recall this one Fire game in Tampa Bay that I attended) and they are turned away from the game for a different reason (I mean these people still care about the result and field action).

22. You chill. Can read--was joking.

23. It's Filip, if one writes it.

24. I actually spent a while trying to think what to write as a reply. GoHawks4's statement, however, is so painfully idiotic that it is best left without a comment or even an attempt at an explanation. Einstein was right that only stupidity and ignorance are infinite. Thanks to people like GoHawks4 the humanity will never learn their limits.

25. The fence there is something like 14' high.