To the 2005 SJ Earthquakes Team

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Aquari, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Aquari

Aquari New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    This may not be as popular but I'd like to encourage everyone here to write an encouraging letter to the Team (let's help Dom and John here). I can guarantee someone from the FO reads the boards (or maybe members of the team take time to read) and if they do, may refer them to this thread.

So here goes:

Dear SJ Earthquakes Players & Coaching Staff:

While down by 2 goals in a playoff series (as you know) is not as bad as one might think, the truth of the matter is: we are down by 2 goals! While I have no intention of reaching out for my rosary beads and walk on bended knees at my church to seek divine intervention, I might JUST!

But come Saturday, I will be at Spartan with my posse and with my throat in gear (and maybe a couple of banners) to cheer you on and spread some love to our neighbors in the South.

So, having said all that, the Galaxatives are coming and we hope that you've heard enough of how they played so magnificently well last Saturday (after ofcourse thrashing them the week before!) that you'll be so sick and tired about all the blah and just go out there and beat them on Saturday!

GO QUAKES!

2. AlexLallos

AlexLallos Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Monterey CA
    P.S. You quakes are the class of MLS 2005- You can do this! WE can do this!
    We have faith in the quakes.

3. bluelightningdad

bluelightningdad New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    SJ Quake Area
    Yep, yep and yep. Cobi Jones and Landycakes will have their ear drums blown out by this time next week. That's the game that will put MLS and SJ on the map, and we're on the team with you guys!

Go Quakes!

4. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Dear Earthquakes-
    Don't choke twice.

5. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear Earthquakes,

Thank you for exceeding my wildest expectations so far this year.

Regarding the upcoming game against LA -- I know that if we don't get past LA in the playoffs, it will hurt you guys a lot more than it will hurt me. And I know you can do it.

Sincerely,
    billreeves

6. tonyh01

tonyh01 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear Earthquakes,

NOTHING'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

-Tony Huston
    SSV Founding Member

7. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Dear Earthquakes --

As I wrote on one of these threads before the season started, you're our team whether you or not you win a game or even score a goal all season. You've made us all incredibly proud these last six months (and in years past). Win or lose in these playoffs, you are wonderful ambassadors for your sport and our city, and we the fans are grateful.

Don Gagliardi

8. AlexLallos

AlexLallos Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Monterey CA
    So proud and so confident. We can take these guys. It's all about the 05 quakes. MAKE HISTORY

9. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear San Jose EarthQuakes -

I've been a fan of this MLS franchise since before the first game in 1996. I have watched the team, and rooted for the team in good times and in bad. In ten years, I have never been prouder of a San Jose team than I have been this year. You work harder as a team than any club I have ever seen in MLS. You guys play with more heart than any club I have seen in MLS.

I know the season has to end eventually, I just don't want it to be the evil, cheating, water-stealing, smog-breathing galactoscum that end our season.

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark MCF

10. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear San Jose Earthquakes:

I can't tell you how proud of you, we (my family and I) are.
    We like to thank you for a great regular season this year.

This Saturday is pay back time! ...is QUAKE TIME!!!

We will be there,we will be the your 12th player at Spartan...allways ready!
    allways with you!

WE BELIEVE!

We did it once ...we CAN do it again!

BEAT L.A.

GO QUAKES!! :cool:

Yours in soccer,

Edwin
    a VERY Proud Smurf!

11. akofman12345

akofman12345 New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    San Jose
    Dear San Jose Earthquales,
    Thank you for giving me something to cheer for from April 2nd to October 15th. Thank you for our first shield. Thank you for the first ever undeafted season at home. Thank you for excceding my expectations. We have come back before, and this team is stronger then the one in '03. After our USOC loss i screamed 'dom' he looked up and i said fvcking beat them on Saturday. We did, and hopefully we can do it again.

12. chowhog99

chowhog99 Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Pass the Tissues
    Dear San Jose Earthquake players, trainers & coaches

You know who we are. You see us in the stands. You see us wearing our blue. You see us travel with your team. And you hear us scream & yell for you.

It has been a wonderful year so far. We had a few downs with injuries, but everyone played as a team, and though we missed key guys on the field, everyone pulled in, so that EVERYONE of you became the key guy. There are no primadonnas on this team. All of the QUAKE players are just hard working scuffling guys who love soccer & who NEVER gives up.

Do we get screwed over? Yes. We we the unfavorite child of the (aeg) league. YES. BUT, that doesn’t stop you guys. And it NEVER stopped us.

Your fans never gave up. We still don’t. Because WE BELIEVE. No Te Rindas. We know you will Pull EVERYTHING out that you got to do whatever it takes.

This is the BEST YEAR of Our Soccer Lives? Do you know why? Because we never gave up. Period. 2001 & 2003 were awesome, but 2005, no matter what happens…will NEVER be topped. The Team, The Coaches, the Fans. The players. We won’t have another duplicate year quite like this. It has been GREAT. And this team will forever be known as the BEST team the San Jose Earthquakes have EVER had. And is truly the BEST team in the MLS. period.

Its just soccer…and you know what? Its just everything.

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES

13. GoMooner!

GoMooner! New Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Dear Earthquakes-

Are you really ready to call it a season?...

...I didn't think so.

We Believe.

Laurence Lopez

14. GoMooner!

GoMooner! New Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Dear Uncle Brian-

AJ and I want to keep watching you and all your teammates on TV.
    How about playing until November 13!

We love you,

Shark Bait

15. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone needs to print out the letters in this thread and deliver the to the FO.

16. AlexLallos

AlexLallos Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Monterey CA
    Or hand deliver them pre-game to the locker room for yallow to read aloud. ORRRRRR email them to coach K. I have no clue how to do this though.
    any takers?

17. AlexLallos

AlexLallos Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Monterey CA
    This wasn't the end point....Don't stop with the letters people...
    -ALex

18. SuperQuake

SuperQuake New Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Dear Quakes,

This Saturday we encourage you to go and leave your soul (and if required, your balls too) on the field. We will be doing the same from the stands... so... bring it on.

No matter what, we are ready to buy 2006 season tickets. This team rocks!

Cheers!

19. bluelightningdad

Sep 29, 2003
    SJ Quake Area
    Couldn't have said it better myself. My family LOVES the Quakes, what a team! And come hell or high water, we're season ticket buyers for 2006 too. This year has been a dream so far, and the way it's set up going into Saturday, well, real Earthquakes never did like it easy. They like to earn it. And this Saturday they'll do it again, digging down deep and shocking the world. THAT's what the Quakes DO!

We believe! Go Earthquakes! Every odd year! Shut those water thieves down!!!

Earthquakes 4, Galaxy 3, in the 2nd best game in MLS history.

20. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ain't gonna quite do it though (unless you are talking aggregate). Quakes 4, Galaxy 1.

21. bluelightningdad

Sep 29, 2003
    SJ Quake Area
    I was talking aggregate. In 2003, I was sort of clueless about the format. I was in the stands and saw the Quakes go up 4-2 by the end of the game. I was so "pleased" about that. But when I found out they had to go into overtime and get another to really win, it was "surprising", to say the least. Anyway, now I think in "aggregate terms" whenever applicable. No more shockers like that for me!

Sorry for all the quote marks. For some reason, I thought it "amusing". ;-)

22. AlexLallos

AlexLallos Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Monterey CA