To run harder, or Arda Turan; That is the question: The (ahem) Winter Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, Aug 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Munir, Delofeu and Tello are all good for copa del rey early rounds or last 15-20min of games to rest MSN. They cannot make an impact as their style isn't different from what Barcelona has, maybe now and then they can help out and make a small difference but again as always for the past gazillion seasons Barca need someone who is different as in being tall and for aerial strength like Persie, Gomez, Dzecko, Martínez etc... Im so sick and tired seeing Pique going up alone trying to win everything in the air along with the midgets. I think these kind of strikers can make a better impact than bringing in Munir for Neymar or Suarez..

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, fully agree. Just because the Pique thing works-out once in a while doesn't make it a good idea. I mean, Barca create so many chances literally anyone would score occasionally if you plunk him up-front.

Also the team should rotate more for CdR. No need to start all of MSN in any CdR match, especially not when coming-up against the likes of Espanyol or Bilbao. Only if they encounter LPB.

3. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

...and please sub MSN out more often when its 3-0 or 4-0 for crying out loud.. no need to tire them out for nothing.

Look at past season.. they played and went for one goal after another, MSN bagged goals and hat-tricks and played too many 90 mins.. it looked great... all three set for ballon dor and what not but in the end MS all failed in Copa and CR succeeded in Euro and he´ll be getting the Ballon for sure, so see.. in the end all that extra mins, goals and fatigue was contra-productive. They are around 30 and cant pull 90min after 90min.. Messi should understand common sense and Lucho should grow a pair.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, I don't really care about Ballon d'Or but it seemed to backfire in that they finished the season looking less strong than both Madrid teams. Which probably shouldn't happen if you have the best starting XI in the world by far and no significant injury problems.

Forzabarca repped this.
  5. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I agree, Lucho should do better in subbing off MSN players when the match is settled.

I don't mind Pique going up though when times are desperate.

Forzabarca repped this.
  6. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Vermaelen is on his way to Roma for a medical exam today.

Forzabarca repped this.
  7. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I would rather have Verm as a CB sub than Mathieu. Mathieu will cost us points like he did last year and he is getting worse.

8. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    if he could stay fit maybe. he always seems to be injured.

9. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  10. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  11. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Any rumours ...

12. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    been pretty quiet past few days, hey?
    if Luan really is the one they're after, we probably won't hear anything official until after the Olympics.

13. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona