To run harder, or Arda Turan; That is the question: The (ahem) Winter Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, Aug 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Mou doesn't get sacked. He leaves by "mutual consent". (same thing)

Rana catesbeiana repped this.
  2. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    lol if they put that "(same thing)" in the press release eventually

3. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Where else would Mou go if not Chelski? My guess is wherever Pep doesn't go.
    Man U after LVG/Man City if pellegrini fails again.

4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    #79 TitoTata, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    Jose can go to HELL. .

It's been a great season start for me .

Jose struggling with his team doctor , results , the press and referees etc .. 8 points behind Man City after 4 games :)

Chelsea's nasty Ivanovic struggling and showing signs of sudden onset ageing ( ala Gary Neville ) .

Madrid's nasty player Pepe also struggling with form / age and still benched .

Rana catesbeiana repped this.
  5. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    There's a job in Madrid when Rafa is sacked at the end of the season. :whistling:

6. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Anthony Martial to united for 80m€? Wth? LOL!! LVG has really screwed up uniteds account. He´s not even worth half that money :rolleyes:

7. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    interesting question. i could see him ending up at PSG at some point. I could see Pep getting the Arsenal job, leaving the two Manchester clubs as possibilities, united more likely. maybe Juve, but there might be some animosity back from his Inter days? or a return to Inter? maybe Milan. maybe a national team

8. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I can see Mourinho taking over Portugal once C.Ronaldo retires from international duty.
    He's stated that Portugal is his dream job but that he sees himself in the post late in his coaching career. He's only 52 at the moment but Portugal appears to have a good crop of youth talent coming up, perfect criteria and circumstances for The Special One to begin calling the shots.
    Strong performances in both the U20 World Cup (quarterfinals) and U21 UEFA Championships (final) where they were only knocked out via penalties the past few months have some believing they can achieve what the Golden Generation of Vítor Baía, Fernando Couto, Paulo Sousa, Rui Costa and Luis Figo couldn't, namely a major international trophy.

9. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014

Rafa ain't going anywhere if they carry on playing like last night ..... Sadly .

10. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I've never even heard of the guy !

unclesox repped this.
  11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Or he could just take over the job and not call Ronaldo. Just imagine the shit storm in Portugal !

Seriously though, I think that's a ways down the road regardless of Ronaldo. I just saw a 1 hour interview with him and it seems like he really loves the daily grind of club football. He'd probably be bored at NT level at this point in his career.

Quantum repped this.
  12. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Let's see if they can play like that the whole season, though...

So far there has been two rounds played, and they've started worse than their main rivals.

13. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Worse ?

We haven't played well at all and could easily have dropped points in both our games

. .... They won 5:0 last night and played great footie .. plus their squad is far better than ours , I'd say .

14. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yep, worse. They have 4 points. We (and Atletico) have 6. Results matter. In the long season, there will be times when our performance will be spectacular and times when we will scrape past opponents, same for them, but what is decisive is whether you actually win.

Their squad is far better than ours? Hm okay believe what you want.

15. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Who do we have after the first 12 or 13 ... Theirs goes on and on ...

16. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    lol (literally)

17. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah, I don't know about that. I mean you can pick positions - like ST and LB, for example - in which LPB lacks depth, just like you can pick positions in which we are not that deep. But at the end of the day, both teams have squads so high quality that they are able to challenge in all competitions. And, of course, as for us, there's the January boost package coming up which includes Arda Turan, Aleix Vidal and likely an attacker.

18. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This is just speculation, but given the two names that have been so far most circulated in the press about the January attacker, what do you think are the pros and cons of Nolito and Yarmolenko, and which one you'd sign, or would you sign someone else (or nobody)?

19. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014

Well .. For what's is worth ... I'd go all out and get Liverpool's Coutino for midfield creativity and his ability to shoot ( and score ) from long distance and this won't go down well BUT I'd love to get Ramos in to shore the defence up for the next few years - we've never got close to replacing Puyol .

20. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well we will probably see Munir and Sandro get more minutes there in the next 4 months (so far 14 minutes for Sandro and none for Munir in 2 Liga matches). We'll also see more Rafinha play a ton, both up front and as a third attacking mid given that Lucho will want to rotate and rest Iniesta and Rakitic a good deal (something he did last season even after our chosen ten plus goalie was set, and something we often see at ends of games too).

When Arda Turan is available he, like Rafinha, can also play up front. If we had Pedro as 4th forward, then Arda would be the ideal 3rd attacking mid, and Rafinha could back both. Without Pedro, Rafinha, Sandro and Munir all have 4 months to prove we don't need another (4th) forward.

Can SNM stay injury free is another question? And well rested for the business end of the season?

If it looks like we are not signing one I would expect Lucho to have Turan and/or Vidal practice more and more as a forward. Particularly, if Sergi Roberto can continue to play an intelligent and convincing RB then we can play Vidal almost entirely as a forward which is where he always played till last season. He can play either wing, is fast, plays good D, but is not known for crossing well. With Alves re-signed, Sergi Roberto impressing as a stand in RB, and Adriano and Douglas still on the team, it strikes me that Vidal should play forward for us this year, where he may be able to replace Pedro pretty well.

That said I don't mind signing a player who improves our depth up front, Yarmolenko seems to be more valuable with height and ability to play all 3 positions, whereas Nolito may fit in more seamlessly but is limited to wing play.

21. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Calderon was speaking on the radio last night and confirmed that Real Madrid had tried to get Jose back in the Summer so it looks as though he'll be back to torment us sooner rather than later .....

22. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014

Excellent post ... my heart sank when you mentioned Douglas though ...I'd forgotten all about him ..

23. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Yarmolenko seems like a big gamble to me. i've only seen youtube clips of him, so i don't know much about him. he seems to favour cutting in from the right wing to shoot/pass with his left, but he won't play there often with Messi usually needing less rest than most. he wants to join barca desperately, but will he be happy sitting on the bench? he would add hight to the front line.

Nolito is a LaMasia product, knows the club, the coach, the language, the city and many of the players. he would also likely be cheaper than Yarmolenko. he wouldn't need much time to adjust and fit in. he's not the fastest of wingers but he is a very tricky dribbler and a good finisher.

24. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA