To run harder, or Arda Turan; That is the question: The (ahem) Winter Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, Aug 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Who the hell wants to live in Manchester when you can live in London..:)

2. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

For 200M€ I'd consider selling him otherwise it's not worth it atm. Although it's all BS I suppose, why would Barça want to go from treble to mid-table?

3. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    manchester's actually a much nicer place to live than london imo.

4. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    cheshire is a much better place but yes. London is better if you are in your early 20s though.

5. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    They discussed the Neymar to ManU story this morning on Sky's Sunday Supplement where four or the most respected football journos swap info . They said that Zahavi ( Neymar's agent ) was at Old Trafford yesterday for Neymar talks . They want him now but will wait until Jan if needs be . They've assured him that they will build the whole system around HIM .
    Sadly I can see that being an attraction considering he's gonna be number two at best for a while and even when Messi hands the mantle over it may go to Suarez by then ....

6. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Naaa that will never happen. His happy in Barcelona and no mantle will go to Suarez. He's what 29? Neymar is much younger and he'd be stupid to go to crappy United from a Treble winning team. Also he'd cost way too much, it would break all records imaginable unless Barça lawyers have flopped immensely. Also I don't thing he minds being second best in Barça... He does have a huge ego but he's no CR.

7. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Suarez is a younger than Messi apparently ..plus what's money to do with anything .. ManU have already spent around 300 MILLION plus - already on this group .. Money is no object ... That's why they tried for CR07 and Bale .. You imagine they were going to be peanuts ??

8. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

No he's not. Messi is born in June Suarez in January. Also for Messi to hand over any kind of role to anyone is 2-3 years away. Then Suarez is 30-31 while Neymar would be 25-26... Who do you think would be a better candidate? Also I doubt Suarez will be amazing 2-3 years from now while there is better chance that Neymar still be in tip top shape/form/quality.

9. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Neymar wants a new contract; there is not much more to discuss here.

evil_allan repped this.
  10. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Yeah ... Probably nothing to worry about ... although crazy things happen in football and ManU have some serious money to spend .. I recall Clive Allen moving clubs one transfer window and a few days later he moved to a THIRD club without even kicking a ball for the second club !!

11. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #61 Gilmango, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    Speaking of winter transfers, anyone know of candidates of Barca quality who are out of contract in 2016? Obviously, that's De Gea's situation; but what about players who could help Barca (not Real) either cheaply if bought in January, or for free if we waited till next summer?

Transfermarkt maintains a list but I don't recognize too many players who I think could really help. And, scarily, I see one midfielder we better tie up this fall if possible, Rafinha, while he should be getting serious PT as our #3 attacking mid, plus minutes at forward esp. in Pedro's absence. Some of those minutes may be limited once Vidal and esp. Turan are available so I hope we can lock him up sooner than later:

http://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/endendevertraege

Edit - lots of former Barca players on the list esp. beyond the first page, Caceres, Villa, Zlatan, Motta, Valdes. Along with some former thorns in our sides (Xabi, Meireles), former rumored targets (Agger), etc.

12. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  13. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even with Pedro gone no plans to sign a forward now, instead Sandro, Munir and Rafinha will all get more minutes and chances to prove themselves, in January both Vidal and Turan can also play as forwards, but if we have an injury or otherwise really suffer when SNM are not all playing then Nolito and now Yarmolenko get mentions.
    http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...-nolito-yarmolenko-the-case-emergency-4453440

14. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    As regards the Neymar situation ...

To get Neymar out of Barca, Man utd needs to pay 190 m? and 40% tax on top of that.

So total fee out of man utd pocket will be 260 m?, this of course excludes the salary and signing on fee

They've been discussing this proposed deal at length overnight on TalkSport and the general consensus is that the deal won't happen THIS window as we can't replace him but that it was a genuine offer and basically a statement of intent .
    Wages proposed are £300,000 per week ( after tax ) !!

15. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Even though i hated it when Iniesta played as a winger but he is still better than Rafinha,Sandro and Munir combined , if we ever need a third winger incase Neymar isn't available like now he should play there and Turan could play in the midfield instead of him , as for Vidal i prefer him as RB mostly incase anything happens to Alves like the current situation ... dam it why is this stupid ban still up :mad:

16. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Funnily enough I was slating S Roberto the other day for being careless and wasteful in midfield BUT the other night against Athletico THUGbou I thought he was fabulous and could even be Alves's permanent replacement ...

17. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island

Barcelona offer Neymar a lucrative new contract

that was predictable.:thumbsup:

18. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Is there no way we can bring back Tello seeing that we've lost Pedro ...

PLUS

@barcastuff: Official: Sevilla confirm that Denis Suarez (21) joins Villarreal on a permanent deal, with Barcelona having buy-back options until 2017

19. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I suppose we could get Tello back, if we wanted. My opinion is that he is not good enough to be the 4th choice attacker (fwiw, I don't think he's far from that level though). I dunno if Nolito would be my pick, but I'd pick him over Tello anyway. But perhaps the club would be right to look beyond players who have recently left Barca.

What I think is going on is that we had to decide between whether to sign somebody now, in which case the player could start the adapting to the team and to the city right away, or whether to sign somebody in January, in which case we have more time to evaluate who is the most suitable, and we'd also have better knowledge of how players like Sandro, Munir and Rafinha are doing, not to mention the player would have played competitive football the whole autumn as opposed to just training with us. It seems we opted to make our move in January, which at least to me seems fine.

20. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Told you guys about Vermaelan being like a new transfer !!
    I reckon he's worth a starting place in defence ... Great technique , fast , strong ( and cynical when required ) plus he scores the odd goal like tonight .

21. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Starting place in the ideal XI is, imo, too much for him as it is, as I think our best duo is Pique-Masch, but nevertheless a team needs 3-4 good CBs to be successful, and he fills one of those spots, so yeah, nice going.

22. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Pedro must be wondering if he chose the right option .. Chelsea in crisis .. 8 points behind ManCity after just 4 games !

23. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    pedro will be fine after Mou is fired :D

24. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    it's probably the same situation as when we wanted to bring D.Suarez back from Sevilla. it was a two year loan, therefore he would not be eligible to play until january anyway. tello would be an attractive option if he was available immediately, but we will have better options in january, if needed.

25. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    That would be marvellous :)