To buy or not to buy

Discussion in 'Games' started by StrikerCW, Feb 13, 2006.

1. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is the question.. worth the buy? I hear a few complaints, should I splurge later in the month for it? WE9 that is.

2. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    as far as i'm concerned, the complaints are legitimate, but they're also deceiving. i say they're deceiving because they are the only things stopping the game from being all but perfect. quite simply, if you're a soccer fan and you want a video game where you can use your passion and knowledge of the sport, we9 is for you.

3. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004

Also, the game JUST came out in the US (the PC version isn't even out yet) and these are all first impressions.

4. kakaboypuf redded

Feb 1, 2006
    Rotterdam
    WE9? Definately

now if it was PES5..better not

5. russ99

russ99 Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Chi-town
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'd love to get the PSP version, but they took out WAY too many options.

6. jrod69

jrod69 Member

Feb 19, 2005
    NYC
    wow no question get it

7. russ99

russ99 Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Chi-town
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    OK - I changed my mind - the PSP version is great! So what if there's no master league, cup mode and stadiums. I downloaded a PSP option file from EVO World and I have all the players, kits and emblems I could want.

Plus it's really fun to play on the train.

8. perucho79

perucho79 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Monumental
    well it depends, it will be frustrating in the begining you'll get alot of 0x0 games and you'll have trouble scoring but with time hopefully you get better

9. Nutmeg_23

Nutmeg_23 Member

Jul 20, 2004
    i <3 WE9!! it owns me.. lol i have only played 3 games, and i am lovin it so far.. (i won my second game 1-0) but lost the other two (1-0 each) the ball physics are much better, and realism is greatly improved.. some touchy fouls but not bad.. i had a great time so far (3 stars)

10. perucho79

perucho79 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Monumental

WE8 is miles better than WE9, I bought WE9 the day it came out and was disapointed, now I only play WE8

11. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dare say that you'd be in the vast minority with that opinion. it's obvious to anyone that plays one game how much better we9 is than we8. sure it's more difficult, but since when is that a bad thing? running up the score against the puter on its highest difficulty is only fun for so long. i imagine one of your complaints about we9, and i think it might've been from one of your previous posts (but i'm too lazy to look), is that the ref calls way too many fouls. the ref does blow the whistle more in this version, but the more you get the feel of your players, and the more composure you have when defending (ie not going in for a tackle every single time and, instead, choosing to tackle when the time is just right) makes a world of difference. i would still urge you to give the game more time.

12. Peruvian_6663

Peruvian_6663 Member+

May 28, 2005
    In my House
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    just cause u cant score :p :p

13. Henry Porter

Henry Porter Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a release date on the PC version? I can't find it anywhere and it's almost March.

14. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
    For PC, I saw an April 4th or 14th at eb games I believe it was and another place so I'm convinced it'll be till then.

Amazon says in one to two weeks it ships out :rolleyes:

15. Henry Porter

Henry Porter Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I was just concerned about Amazon (where I'm ordering it from due to my credit card) because it's said that for 2 or 3 weeks.

16. 2ndAveFC

2ndAveFC Member

Mar 23, 2004
    LAX
    i was reading the box cover at best buy yesterday, simmering over whether to buy or keep enjoying my beloved WE8 and buy NHL. What are the new formations they've added, as it was one of very few details they say about the game on the box. I haven't heard one definitive reason why I should get this new one, so can anybody sell me on it?