$$$ to be made playing in TnT?

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by MetroChile, Mar 18, 2005.

1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Looking at the San Juan Jabloteh's squad against the Metros, I recognized a few familiar names (Mulrayne, Thomas, Elcock).
    I'm just wondering how much money players make playing pro. in TnT (more than in the MLS for instance?). Or are their cases similar to those of a lot of Argentinian players recently that just can't get a soccer job in Europe anymore so they return to their lower-paying league (Argentina's)?
    Metro.

2. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
    I think in T&T they get pay similar to MLS, once they are good they get paid pretty decent, their stoke goes up. But for a rookie its not that much, I'm guessing maybe ($1,200) TT a "week" plus incentives and boarding.

Certain players like Elcock cant make the cut in a foreign club anymore so he decided to return home and finish his pro career and probably coach some local team one day. Then players like Angus Eve, Jerren Nixon & Arnold Dwarika for instance prefer play home in T&T even though they are capable of playing overseas. Then some return home because they want to play with some local club with a hope of training with the national team and getting picked up by UK clubs where the money is better. But Jabloteh and W Connection pays pretty well..

We are also the only country in the caribbean that employ players from other countries like Jamaica, Brazil, Colombia, Antigua, USA, South Africa, Botswana, Venezuela, St Luica, Guyana, Haiti, St Kitts and St Vincent, to name a few. Other caribbean countries dont.

http://www.socawarriors.net/w_connection.htm

3. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

4. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001