Tix if Revs go to MLS Cup??

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Rev-eler, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    Know this a bit jumpin' the gun and all....but, if the revs happen to go to LA for MLS Cup (knock on wood), will the revs front office (or fans of the participating teams in general) be allocated some tix in a reserved section not available for purchase on ticketbastard right now?

uh, i know the revs' ticket gurus keep us well informed at all times about loads of issues like this...but, i thought i'd ask here anyway....just in case.
    ;)

2. RevsGuy06

RevsGuy06 Member

Feb 5, 2001
    england 2.0
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd assume, or at least hope, that the Revs' ticket office will have some sort of ticket offer if we make it to the cup, with a discount going to CC members.

But what worries me is not getting tickets to the game, that shouldn't be a problem. It's going to be airfare and hotel prices in LA that could possibly stop me.

If the Midnight Riders could possibly get some travel deal going, as they do with away games at the Swamp, then could we possibly be looking at reduced airfare prices due to large group travel, if thats even offered from airlines?

3. George Griffin

George Griffin New Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Prince Edward Island
    In the NY Times today there was an advertisement for Newark to LA for $99. One never knows what will be available when the time comes but airfare will not be the biggest cost for a trip to the Cup.

4. jmsullivan

jmsullivan Member

Sep 14, 2000
    Fairhaven Ma.
    The cheapest flight I found and bought were $265. Hotel in Long Beach at $80/night. Car rental and game tickets were very reasonable. Add in meals and other non game activities around $500/per person for a long weekend in LA and the MLS cup. Not cheap but not that bad.

There were some other flight deals like the one in the NY Times, but the restrictions caused other expenses to just about equal the cost of not having a deal.

5. Ross

Ross Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Straight outta Qtown
    Usually the hosting team will set some tickets aside for visiting fans, but as you say, tickets might not be the problem (although people might want to go just to see HDC).

Not likely the Riders would be able to do anything regarding group travel. We couldn't even get enough people to fill a bus to NJ! But if the Revs end up in the Cup, the Riders would definitely do some research and then let people know about cheap fares, if there are any out there.

amy