tired of 3rdDegree threads? ask a question here instead!

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by sweeper33, Jan 3, 2006.

1. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Tired of compelling and informational reads like Buzz's thread? :) Post your questions for Sweeper33 (aka Psycho, aka annoying Scott) here instead!

Business is a little slow for a few days so here goes. Ask him anything about such topics as Anger Management, Targeted Player Insulting, Harsh Language in a Public Setting, etc...

BTW Buzz's Q&A is the best thread I've seen on BS in a LONG time. Don't forget to contribute to the PreSeason travel fund. Money well spent.

2. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you ever been kicked out of an FCD game?

3. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Not yet but I've felt like it's been a close call a few times. Especially in Southlake where the bald headed, jack booted Thought Police in wrap around shades took special interest in my 'freedom of speech'

I've tried to tone it down in the new stadium for the sake of Inferno/General Admission fan/FO realtions, which is a good reason. Also because I'm a 39 year old father of three who needs to exhibit a little goddam self control in public!

But hey, it's soccer man!

I'd be interested to hear the story of anyone thrown out of an MLS game - the circumstances and repercussions - here in Dallas or anywhere else in the league.

4. jwedding

jwedding Member

Jul 21, 2003
    McKinney
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear Infernosaurus is banned in certain west coast facilities.

Rat bastards think they're all about free love and being cool, but won't even let a dinosaur hang with his peeps. Thugs, the lot of them.

5. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Do you premeditate the bile that comes spewing from your mouth during games or is it a spur of the moment kind of thing?

Are you ever in a non-soccer situation when you feel the need to yell things like, "The last Kennedy that came to Dallas was shot"?

When did you first realize you have a serious problem, and have you ever sought professional help?

Can I be your disciple?

6. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Did the Arlington Burn rebrand?

7. jwedding

jwedding Member

Jul 21, 2003
    McKinney
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm watching this with curiosity. I used to be a rambling, screaming observer, distributing hate and venom as best I could from library. It was actually remarked upon that I'm much less vitriolic in my ramblings now that I'm behind glass where no one can hear me. :eek:

Perhaps we just need to put a glass box around Sweeper on the nights when he forgets his medicine....

8. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    If it's a worthy target like Clint Mathis or LandyCakes I'll devote a little time during the week prior to the game, usually while driving, to work out an insult or two. My rule is that insults should always be funny. Rude but funny.

Once the heat of battle begins and I inhale a few beers the spew just comes to me - as if in a dream.

See, rude but funny! I say rude things everyday. Just not at the top volume I reserve for a soccer match. Folks who know me at FCD games can't believe I coach my son's YMCA team (the Burn!) here in Arlington. Somehow I can actually separate youth soccer passion from FCD passion. And I use the term 'passion' as a lame excuse for my rude soccer behavior. I think most of the world does.

I attended my first game late in '99 during the LA playoffs. Holy crap what a way to hook a fan! During the '00 season I purchased walk up GA tickets each week. I was oblivious of the Inferno tailgate at that time, also quite anti-social.

It was after the 6-4 home loss to Metro where Mathis scored the 5 that I became inspired to start calling out bitches as I saw fit. He appeared on the MLS Wrap show that week running up and down our hallowed ground waving 5 fingers. I made my first sign, a drawing of Clint's hand with all 5 fingers chopped off, lots of blood, and brought it to the next Metro home game with me and a red marker. I encouraged fans and small children sitting near me to add more 'blood' as the game went on. Disturbing.

Anyway, as the game grinded on I realized that I was raising a lot more Hell than those seated around me. I looked down the GA side and noticed a group of fans wearing red, drumming loudly, yelling rude things, using the middle finger liberally.

My sign and myself were accepted with open arms and I had found my home within the Cotton Bowl, the safe confines of the Inferno.

Old lady from Poltergeist voice on/

All are welcome, children. All are welcome!

Voice off/

9. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why thanks.

my question:

How much would the other people on this forum have to pay you for you to get the FC Dallas logo tattooed across your back, shoulder to shoulder?

10. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Just goes to show that the LA Galaxy and their ilk are friggin idiots. Just like Michael Kennedy!

11. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    We are proudly still and will forever remain The Arlington Burn. We had a truly epic season last fall and will regroup for Season 14 this spring.

12. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    That's my man!!!!

Keeping the pharmaceuticals in balance is always tricky. By the way, if anyone on this board is a pharma rep please PM me........ ;)

13. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Hmmmmmm, can't say I really sport the physique that could rep that much ink. I'm sure a few rounds of Marty's Magic Shot Glass pregame would get the negotiations underway, though.

Did anyone ink up with the Dallas Burn logo? If so HSG should sponsor a tatoo rebranding night at PHP. Lots of beer, a few Tatoo artists or plastic surgeons in the parking lot. And strippers. Always strippers.

14. ihearttheburn

ihearttheburn New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Denton/Plano, Texas
    I believe Zen did. I also believe Chris Murphy has the FCD logo.

15. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    So lets have a pre game re-ink party, paid for by the fine folks at HSG!

I remember in '02 when the Nats came home from the World Cup and management hosted a 'mohawk' party before a home game against the Metros in honor of Mathis. Jeeeeez did that make me ill! All these Dallas kids getting white-trashed-up to look like Mathis?! But he was a National Teamer - at that time - and had scored in J/NK. Look at him now.

No one on the team really sports the hair for a take off, not since Jordan Stone.

16. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    4th of July......it was my first ever Burn game.

17. jwedding

jwedding Member

Jul 21, 2003
    McKinney
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And it's REALLY hard to have Sideshow Bob night....

18. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Talisman:

What's the talisman you bring to every game? A specific year's jersey? A hat or scarf? Key fob. WTF is a fob?

What do you bring to each game for luck/mojo? Have you ever abandoned or changed it for better luck?

I wear my 'Lucky' brand black baseball cap. It hardens in the offseason from the summer's worth of sweat. Smells gross. But it covers my balding head. I've never changed it, although I should have at Southlake.

I think I got a new one to use this Christmas from a drinkin buddy - a flask in the shape of a cell phone. The antenna unscrews! Whiskey River take my mind.

19. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    This is a good question, and I think in addition we should all agree to burn (no pun intended) whatever it is we've been bringing to games because CLEARLY they don't work very well.

20. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Man I dig the hat but I'll take one for the team. What do you bring?

21. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is not a matter of a lucky gem, like the ring of Alexander the Macedonian, owned by the plebian noble Livius Drusus family. It is a curse. FCD will never, ever win a championship.

I never take off my scapular and generally wear a Celtic knot to FCD games.

Do you remember the second Inferno fight? Do you remember who it was with? Do you remember who kept you apart? Do you remeber what it is about? Do you know why he does not like it when you refer to yourself as Psycho?

Will I accomplish my New Year's Resoluiton of drinking myself to death this year?

Am I really whipped?

Are Kant's questions essentially correct?

What did I get for Christmas?

Where am I?

Scipio Diabolus,
    vox fatum.

Contra.

Confirm Alito.

22. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    I wear my grungy OU hat to every game. Wouldn't burn it for almost anything.

23. mudpoet

mudpoet Member

May 16, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm NOT burning the horns

24. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Yeah, but the masses require an opiate. Politics has failed. Religion has failed. Science has failed. Soccer remains. You gotta have a dream.

I only remember one fight within the ranks and it should have ended with my ass on the floor. It was the 4th or 5th game at the new stadium and our team still couldn't muster a win against DC for the attending faithful. Ronnie pulled a beautiful juke on Dema and the Ukranian Butcher pulled the SAME GODDAM JACK MOVE that cost Ronnie a season and I absolutely friggin LOST IT.

I tangled with Travis and I think you pulled us apart. He has long since been gracious in accepting my apologies and I count him among my friends. (although he did think I was over 40 by the end of the season!!!)

Don't know the story about the term Psycho or the first fight for that matter.

I feel lucky that the Inferno are the forgiving type because my actions should have gotten me ejected from the stadium and the supporter's club.
    On the drive home that night my car battery died and I spent 3 hours on the unfinished portion of N Dallas Tollway waiting for the wrecker and looking for salvation. I think only one arrived.

Yes. Sorry.

Yes. Sorry again.

His questions are correct, his answers are lacking.

Socks. And a fine single malt.

In a beautiful world I wish I could discover and join.

Folks, there's no one better to celebrate a goal with!

25. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Earth and sky may fade away. The horns are eternal.