Tired legs

Discussion in 'Player' started by nymetrobulls, Jun 25, 2010.

1. nymetrobulls

nymetrobulls New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    nyc
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, lately for the past few months Ive been having problems that started with me thinking I was not in good enough shape but they have not gone away. While doing my workouts every day and running my times required weithout much problem me not being in shape is definetly not the case. But for some reason my knees and my legs are constantly sore and tired to the pont where I feel like I cant even do anything with the ball when I get it because my legs just feel dead. I thought maybe a couple days rest would solve this problem but it has done nothing. Im going to be a freshmen at a division 1 college this summer and Im worried as to why this keeps happening and that I wont play to my potential because of this. It is not because of my fitness level and rest did not help so does anybody have any suggestions?

2. Better Soccer

Better Soccer New Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think you should implement a stretching regiment into your workout program. If your muscles feel tight, sore, and you feel fatigued it could be due to lack of taking care of your body.

Make sure you get in a quality warm up prior to your match and training sessions. But you should also stretch daily. Stretch all the major body parts, hold each stretch for at least 20 seconds to get a real benefit from it.

You may also want to look at your nutrition habits. Unexplained fatigue is usually related to poor eating habits. What are you eating before games?

You should be eating meals rich in carbohydrates from both grain products (breads, pastas, crackers, cereals, etc.) and fruits and vegetables (peaches, apples, corn, sweet potatoe, carrots, etc.)

Hope this helps. Good luck.

3. nymetrobulls

nymetrobulls New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    nyc
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is what Ive been trying to do. I always make sure I eat right especially lately so idk.

4. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    all i can say is rest more. A good week without playing can get you a full recovery.
    Also use machinesi n the gym to build up more muscle in your legs, it helped me at least.

5. Alexandre Pato 7

Alexandre Pato 7 Legends that will never be forgotten <3

Mar 16, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Stretch alot ! Also sleep at least 8 hours each night and do a little week of reduced training. Just juggle and jog with the ball (or without) and stretch the Sh1t out of your legs.

6. Bella21

Bella21 New Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Hi. I am 16 years old and am going to be a Senior in high school. I play at a high level and am trying to play college soccer. I am pretty fit (can run a late 5 minute mile), but for the past 4 or 5 months I have been experiencing the same leg feeling when playing. It comes and goes with rest but if I keep playing it gradually gets worse. My legs feel tired and heavy and have that burning feeling like from lifting weights or doing 100 squats. I have gone to a neurologist, sports med doctor, done a ton of research, talked to numerous players, and still do not know what is wrong with me. I know I am getting enough sleep, stretching and rolling a lot, and eating well. I have done an MRI, plenty of blood tests, and other things and still do not know what's wrong with me. I have a bunch of ID camps and playoffs coming up and really need to fix my problem or at least know what is wrong with me. You are probably done with college by down. Not sure if you were able to fix your problem or got an answer but if you did CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME?

7. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It is possible you have shin splints or even a stress fracture.

8. elessar78

elessar78 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    How is recovery built into your training program?

Tired legs, workouts and running daily—if you're not recovering properly then you're over worked and you need to plan in your work days and rest days.

9. monta

monta Member

Oct 19, 2009
    CA
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    You can look into recovery compression leg sleeves. I personally use compressport.

10. Timbuck

Timbuck Member

Jul 31, 2012
    You need to build rest/recovery into your routine. A few days off is a good start, but you may need more than that.
    How many days a week do you:
    Have soccer practice with your team
    Play a game
    Do fitness/weights
    Practice soccer outside of team practices

After a hard game, don't train the next day. Go for a walk and stretch a lot.
    Don't do a leg workout the day before a game.
    Do you monitor your body? Weight? Heart rate? (resting and during training if possible).
    What about other stresses in life? Going off to college is a big deal. Are you leaving a girlfriend behind? Is your mom freaking out? Are you freaking out?

11. Peter Olaffson

Peter Olaffson New Member

Manchester United
    France
    Dec 14, 2020
    Hey mate,
    I would say you either do not recover properly, or you have a bad-tailored power training plan. With the former, you need to rest in due, eat, take some essential supplements as well when needed. For the latter, I would recommend plan and execute your strength training effectively. For example, take a look at this in-depth guide on soccer workout. Cheers.

12. calebgilk

calebgilk New Member

Arsenal
    Italy
    Oct 18, 2021