TIMMY!!, RVN, and Ferdinand in nikesoccer ad

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by AngelN, Oct 12, 2003.

1. AngelN

AngelN New Member

Oct 14, 1999
    ok, maybe this belongs somewhere else, but it's worth noting that there's a new nikesoccer tv ad featuring timmy briefly at the end. most of the ad is RVN and Les Ferdinand riding in elevators oppostie one another in a hotel, kicking balls back and forth at eachother at each floor. at the end, a figure dives across the screen and grabs the ball. WHen he gets up, we see that it is Timmy, smiling coyly for having broken up the game. Anyway, this definitely tops LD's appearance in that "warming up" nike ad a year or so ago, for whatever it's worth. pretty funny ad.

2. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Friedel would have only needed one take.I heard Tim took two-three tries, this is still a weakness in his game.

3. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL !!! and on a serious note , the preassure is building for Barthez to push Timmy aside , read here , http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?inewsid=44770

AngelN that sounds like a cool ad, i have seen a few mostly with the brazilians going thru airport security, and the cage game, very cool ads. Can you tell me when did you see this one with Timmy in it ?

4. sexysadie

sexysadie Red Card

Sep 29, 2003
    somewhere on earth
    Santini once said that Bartez is still our no.1

5. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Barthez may get a few cup matches, but I don't see him getting his spot back unless something happens to Timmy.

6. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    I don't think Santini has a vote as to who plays in goal for Man U. If he does, then I want one too.

7. AngelN

AngelN New Member

Oct 14, 1999
    it was on Fox Sports world, just before the FSW Report last night. pretty funny.

8. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    There is pressure for Fabien to get playing time, but nothing here suggests there is pressure to replace Tim with Fabien at ManU.

Which probably means that if Fabien wants to stay France's number 1, he may be looking for a move when the transfer window opens up.

9. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I finally got to see this ad during Halftime commercials of the US Open Cup. It's a well done commercial and you never expect to see Howard come out at the end. But it's great to see that more American players are getting some exposure.

Does anyone know if they're running this commercial in Europe at all?

10. gnk

gnk Member+

Nov 1, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is how I read the article - that Santini is basically saying to Barthez: either work your way back to the #1 spot at ManU or get yourself to another team. And seeing how Tim has played 900 minutes out of 900 minutes this season (including the Stuttgart CL game), and seeing how lately Roy Carroll is on the bench with Fabien in street clothes, the latter seems much more likely (i.e., to Marseille or some other French team on loan).

11. Nica1004

Nica1004 Member

Sep 14, 2002
    the couch
    I screamed "TIMMY!" in surprise when I saw him, rewound my tape, and watched it five more times. Then, I made my mother watch it. ^^ I love his little smile at the end. *on the verge of melting* (Can we say "Still a huge fangirl?")

12. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here it is..

If you haven't seen the ad, go here:
    http://www.nike.com/nikesoccer/tape/index.jsp?z=137147

Pretty cool.

As a bonus, I threw in the clip of Freddy Adu balancing a ball on the back of his neck while taking off his shirt and putting it back on!

You'll need flash 6.0 installed. click on the "page" entitled "01" down at the bottom of the page after you follow the link.

13. footiegrrrl

footiegrrrl New Member

May 22, 2002
    Ohio
    If you haven't seen the ad, go here:
    http://www.nike.com/nikesoccer/tape/index.jsp?z=137147

I can't get this to work. I hit the link, I get a screen that says Flash 6.0 detected, it sends me to a page where you can build your own clips. There isn't a "page" 01 at bottom of this page and I can't find the ad.
    Help please!

14. str8ruckus

str8ruckus New Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Az US
    Along the bottom of the 'magazine' page, there should be "pages" that you can put clippings, video, etc. onto. They should be labeled 01,02,03,04, etc. Click 01 and Ruud and Rio should pop up on the left and Freddy on the right.

15. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw the ad. Not as good as previous Nike ads. RVN and Ferdinand didn't do a real good job. Didn't really get any personality from the ad...

Just seemed bland.

16. Deimos

Deimos Member

Apr 23, 1999
    Louisville, KY, USA

There's no 'magazine' page, here are various clips of video and text to choose from.

Do you mean to choose particular clip or is the somewhere else to choose?

17. str8ruckus

str8ruckus New Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Az US
    That IS the magazine page. The clips are already chosen, you just click "01" at the bottom of the page.

wjarrettc set it up so that the clips start automatically when you click it.

18. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ;)

19. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only reason they put RvN in an advert with him in an elevator is because there is no one better that him at going down in a box.

Rio was probably just there because it is the Hotel he picks up his drugs in.

20. laddi

laddi New Member

May 7, 2003

Is this really acceptable bigsoccerforum?

21. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and howard is there because he is a good goal keeper....

22. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love it how the United States' number three 'keeper (some could argue number two) is beating out France's number one 'keeper. :)

23. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Nice! Gets an "A" from me.

Ehh, not your best work...

Fun ad, though. Nice surprise at the end.

24. CrazyDCFan

CrazyDCFan Member

Mar 31, 2002
    Henan, China
    That wasn't the best nike soccer commercial I have seen. Beyond the fact that Tim Howard was in it, I didn't like the feel of it. It looked amateurish.

25. Jimjamesak

Jimjamesak New Member

May 3, 2003
    Anchorage Alaska
    Jealous???? It's called a Goal scorer, your team should get one, oh wait their too broke to get one...