Time To Show Our Frustration

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Crzyknot, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Since1996

Since1996 New Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Wow... GoBack, in all my years on various soccer boards I have never, ever read such an articulate, intelligent and original post. Your alma mater should be proud of you. Did you go to USC by any chance?

2. GoBack

GoBack Red Card

Aug 31, 2007
    Jealous?

Good for England, Poland and Moscow. Still, soccer will never be nothing more than a blip on the profession sports radar in the USA.

BTW, have you ever looked at the teeth of the typical male/female from England, Poland or Moscow? They're obviously spending money elsewhere. It's either that or most are getting their teeth knocked out or broken while attending a soccer match.

3. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, you can ******** off now.

4. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I know a Gals fan that had the idea for a group that would support "AWAY TEAM" or "VISITORS". Even if it was just for one match.... take all the bag heads, inside-out shirts, and black wearing fans to GA and wave a flag or two. Go Visitors! I bet LARS could do this up right, but it's probably against their charter or something.

5. Dr. Mario86

Dr. Mario86 New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Berkeley

Same goes for u guys. Looks like we both have our work cut out for ourselves, no?

6. nuke

nuke New Member

Aug 16, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks, GoBack! Judge people by the quality of their dental work. Choose which sports to watch by their TV ratings. Got it. Should we also equate the quality of one's education with the number of students at their university? This is great, because I was so tired of having to think for myself.

7. jbgeach

jbgeach Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Chattanooga, TN
    Be careful Leeds, many of here are also Huge American Football fans. It really is a great game if you give it a chance.

8. Crzyknot

Crzyknot Member

Sep 30, 2006
    so we flood the lines today on Fox Football Fone in !!!!

9. Since1996

Since1996 New Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Since1996 [​IMG]
    ...Did you go to USC by any chance?

Jealous?

OMG ...YES! I wish I could have gone to your school school where they taught you to write such articulate, intelligent, original posts!!

10. manowarfan1

manowarfan1 New Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Colorado, USA
    Hey Guys - Rapids fan here - I come in peace. We have recently been going through the same stuff as you - well even longer,, hell, last year our forum tagline was "The ways of Fernando are an enigma" so that tells you how long we've been fed up. Anyway - we went to wearing black, had the Fire Clavijo paper bags (beware, your security guys may ask you to remove them, as ours did "for safety reasons", printed up 500 or 1000 "pink slips" with our soon to be ex-coaches name on them. THen about 10 minutes or so before halftime our supporters groups got up from our sections and walked to the North end of the stadium where the teams enter/exit from. There are some pics from someone that was somewhere else in the crowd on this thread.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=584341

Believe me, we understand your frustration out this way, and hope you do get it resolved, just not too soon or too successfully - we have to get a coach of our own y'know :)
    Cheers,
    Jeff

11. LOSTT

LOSTT Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Dear GoBack,

Come back and chat with us some more when the NFL, MLB, NBA and any NCAA sport have a true representation of a "World" Championship trophy. In the meantime stay uncomfortable and cold inside your tiny box.

Sincerely,

The World Cup

12. Crzyknot

Crzyknot Member

Sep 30, 2006
    i wish we could get something going similar to this. but i dont think it would work... maybe not enought people really care about the club and most that do already have expresed themselves here.

13. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    American football sucks soccer balls. Its played by a bunch of overgrown, wife-stabbing, dog-killing meatheads, who couldn't run more than ten seconds without crumpling like a peice of paper. I bet i could knock any NFL player on his ass if i hit him after nintey minutes of running.

If you enjoy watching grown men play grab ass, thats fine, but watch out, cause soccer WILL eventually exterminate all other US sports. TAH-DOW

PS: Most american football fans are secretly gay

14. SoCalPioneer

SoCalPioneer New Member

May 25, 2007
    HB
    The bags, black, inside out shirts..etc are all good ideas, but I think you do need to so something en masse.

Maybe someone should plan a protest march outside of the FO next to the team LA Store before the gates open on Saturday. We could do a picket line type thing with signs. Let the media know and get some chants and songs going.

The Rapids guy had a point with getting up in the middle of the match. If you could get a bunch of people to just get up and leave (symbolically). Maybe even lead some procession around the concourse chanting and singing.

We have to do something. If any of you are like me, you can't help but keep going to the matches cheering and just hoping that this team will play some nice football for 90 minutes even though you know they will suck out and break your heart.

15. Crzyknot

Crzyknot Member

Sep 30, 2006

yea it has to be alot of people for it to work... thats why i started the thread. am down to get a picket line going. but who ealse is? common guys we just cant let lalass cute anwser his way out of this. things have to change.... and maybe we can influence a change.

16. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Id like to see some of them play professional rugby league for £50,000 a year. I think if say, the team that wins the 2007 Superbowl and the team who wins the Superleague Grand Final (either Leeds or St Helens) played each other at RL, the NFL side would be outmuscled, and the $20m a year NFL guys won't like being forearm smashed in the face by the likes of Keith Senior. I can watch NFL, but I prefer RL, faster flowing, no breaks, 40mins a half. I know a couple of NFL-RL converts, as one of my friends at Uni lives with two US students, who are now Rhinos fans. You see two RL players rolling around on the floor punching each other and all they get is a warning or perhaps 10 minutes in the sin bin. Its a great sport. I'd like NFL if I could understand wtf was going on most of the time.

17. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Have you ever been to any of those places? The only reason I don't have a full set of teeth is because I played Rugby League at school, and for a local side. Most dentists are just as good here as anywhere else, and they are free to use.

18. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    I passed my 6th grade English exam, and several more after that one. For instance, your screen name suggests the direct imperative, in which the active voice issues a command, as in "GoBack, get ********ed."

Furthermore, is your point about soccer competing with American football to suggest that soccer hasn't succeeded as a professional sport in the USA? If so, on what criteria are you basing "succeed?"

Another point worth reviewing is your claim that the person who authorized Bickman's compensation "was stupid". It's common knowledge that the deal was brokered by AEG's president, Tim Leiweke. To date, he's been primarily responsible for building Staples Center and the Home Depot Center in Los Angeles, and building the Pepsi Center and Invesco Field in Denver, all as profitable properties for AEG. Do you know something about the Bickman deal that we don't -- or that he doesn't? Tell us all what's stupid about it, because I'm inclined to trust his sensibilities for a sports-business venture . . . but I'd listen to your arguments to the contrary if your record is comparable.

19. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course he hasn't, and probably hasn't finished fourth grade.

A friendly hint: this troll is a perfect example of why God blessed us with the BigSoccer "ignore" feature. Add this idiot to your ignore list and your time here will be so much more satisfying.

20. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Never used that before, but he is the perfect candidate to become the first.

21. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Presumably in your case that involves seeking out any old rock to sleep under.

As for blood sports, they are illegal in Britain, or didn't anyone tell you?
    As for violence at games, it only happens outside the ground unless you want to find yourself in prison with a life ban. If you aren't a soccer fan, why bother?

22. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree. My wife is russian and has nice teeth, speaks 7 languages, has a masters degree, and would easily kick your wifes ass on the street any day of the week. Whats your lady do, chew bubble gum and stroke that belly of yours? Can she even do both at the same time? Get outta here dude.

23. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    But would he intercede to stick up for his wife, or his sister? Interesting.