Time for new MLS logo

Discussion in 'MLS: Commissioner - You be The Don' started by biscuithead, Jul 12, 2011.

1. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DCU1996, too scared to come back to admit you were wrong?

2. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's just hiding for a month before coming back in and regurgitating all the same shit.

Jasonma repped this.
  3. Akhan786

Akhan786 Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I assume that any talks of a new logo will wait after this season and would be revealed before the next season which will be the 20th anniversary of MLS. It is also when the collective bargaining, tv deals, etc. expire as well.

Big things are brewing.

Unak78 repped this.
  4. trevor_daniles

Aug 19, 2007
    I don’t know exactly where but I’ve heard MLS is getting a new logo – as early as next year. The design is already approved and just waiting to be released. I could be wrong and this could all be a dumb rumor. But what if we’ve seen the “new” logo already? I’m talking about the black and white MLS logo. I don’t know about any of you, but I’m seeing this a lot. It’s most prominent on the “This is Soccer” campaign. What if this is the permanent logo? The logo would be essentially the same as the existing logo but just using different colors. I actually hate the blue and green existing logo. Very cartoonish and 90’s. I love the black and white one. It looks edgy. The actual foot kicking ball MLS image is really imprinted in the soccer culture so I think MLS should keep this. I’m all for a minor change . And the color change would be good and still keep what MLS has built up recognizable. I can envision this logo on every kit sleeve next year.

5. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    I wouldn't be so sure. MLS is still a young league that has changed many things about itself. Look at the drastic changes the trophy has gone through. I can see a big change if they feel that it's a design that will help them better sell themselves. Especially with the new tv deal, they're still looking for better ways to market themselves and solve the ratings issue.

The rumors started circulating earlier in the year based off of a tweet from, I think, Adidas. With the tv contract renewing next year, there could be something to it.

6. trevor_daniles

Aug 19, 2007
    For some reason, the pic i posted is not there. I'm trying it again:

[​IMG]

if some reason it did not work, here is a link:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/07/29/major-league-soccer-statement-regarding-chivas-usa

Unak78 repped this.
  7. esc0

esc0 Member

May 29, 2012
    Idaho
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The MLS could use a full rebrand. Logo and Name need to be changed.

8. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing about either needs to be changed.

9. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you DCU1996 in disguise?

Seraphim Renegade and HailtotheKing repped this.
  10. AeroNaught

AeroNaught Member+

Atlanta United
    Feb 14, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Name is fine, it's finally gaining some traction here. Logo could use some sprucing up, but like JasonMa said nothing about either of those is holding the league back.

11. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    The name definitely needs to be changed. No longer MLS but now The MLS. That would solve everything.

hasselbrad, fuzzx, xbhaskarx and 5 others repped this.
  12. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The MLS. New and improved, with brand new Pro/Rel.

song219 repped this.
  13. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    The MLS will kill the germs that cause bad breath.

14. RedRover

RedRover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Welcome to the NEPLW. The Not the English Premier League Waaaaaaa!

15. esc0

esc0 Member

May 29, 2012
    Idaho
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no. I don't even know who that is.

I love MLS what they have managed to do to help American soccer. In my opinion the name and logo are tacky and cheesy just like the USMNT's badge which you can immediately tell they were all made during the 90s.

The new USA badge for the centennial uniform's is far better and the MLS could/should try to incorporate the design for a new logo. All I'm saying is that it can be improved just like everything else about the league.

Just because someone criticizes the MLS doesn't automatically mean they are hating on it.

16. MattXG

MattXG Red Card

May 17, 2010
    What's wrong with the name? I think saying MLS sounds great. It rolls off the tongue easier than MLB and since its a US and Canadian league its neutral enough and it keeps in reference with American traditions.

If you ask me it checks off all the right boxes. Maybe you'd prefer the pretentious name of Premier League of the United States and Canada The PLUSC league. :thumbsup:

DjTannerr repped this.
  17. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    It would make it kinda like the Buckeyes.