Time for Martino to come off the bench

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by primality, Aug 28, 2007.

1. primality

primality New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The Rose Bowl
    This guy brings no continuity to the midfield. He has some good moves one on one, but a lot of the time he doesn't even look like a professional on the pitch. He is part of the reason why the strikers are not getting as many opportunities as they should. He doesn't get open and make enough runs to create opportunities and his passing, contesting, finishing are lacking. Jones, Beckham, Harmes, and Donovan would make a solid midfield together.

I know there aren't many other options at this point but maybe Martino is still feeling the effects of an injury. A hobbled Cobi Jones would contribute more to the team than Martino right now. I would also give Randolph a shot at midfield, but I think he is needed on Defense with all the injuries. I think Martino would be better used as the first sub to bring in an influx of speed.

2. sacris00

sacris00 New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Burbank
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree,at first I really like him I thought he will do well and help the team.But lately he doesn't do that well,he can't keep the ball and he doesn't want to pass to any one.Not a strong player he always on the ground.So far Randolph is a better player b/c he wants to play and play hard.