Time for changes!

Discussion in 'Fiorentina' started by Payback, May 6, 2012.

1. Payback

Payback Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Switzerland
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Disband the rattas and sign up new worthy players.

Goalkeepers:

Artur Boruc (32 years, Marketvalue: 4.000.000 € ):
    Can we get for this money a better starting goalkeeper with this experience?

Neto (22 years, Marketvalue: 2.800.000 €):
    I don't know him good enough...but we have enough talented young italian keepers to follow the footsteps of Buffon

Edoardo Pazzaglli (23 years, Marketvalue: 75.000 €):
    Guys like Pazzagli....

Defense:

Per Kröldrup (32 years, Marketvalue: 1.000.000 €):
    Loyal vet, he schould finish his career in Denmark

Alessandro Gamberini (30 years, Marketvalue: 6.500.000 €):
    Defensive chef, nothing else to say.

Cesare Natali (33 years, Marketvalue 1.500.000 €):
    Old grizzled vet, but i liked him very much this season. We need 4 centerbacks.

Matija Nastasic (19 years, Marketvalue: 4.000.000 €):
    Our future for the next viola dynasty. for me Fiorentinas rookie of the year. plays like a big one.

Michele Camporese (19 years, Marketvalue: 2.500.000 €):
    Comapct, fast, technique, the right fighting spirit. If i remember right Sinisa said Camporese becomes the next Aldair.

Manuel Pasqual (30 years, Marketvalue: 2.500.000 €):
    His family likes Firenze, he's good enough to even play as starter the next 4 years:) good crosses and solid on defence. what can we expect more from a LB.

Mattia Cassani (28 years, Marketvalue: 6.000.000 €):
    He's just loaned? we have to buy him immediatly. a very good allrounder and younger than Pasqual

Lorenzo De Silvestri (23 years, Marketvalue: 4.500.000 €):
    Bad crosses but he always works hard on his game and he's only 23. I think we have to keep him.

Romulo (24 years, Marketvalue: 2.200.000 €):
    Via, we don't need him.

Felipe (27 years, Marketvalue: 1.400.000 €):
    No Future for him at Firenze.

Midfield

Riccardo Montolivo (27 years, Marketvalue 13.000.000 €):
    Bye bye Diciotto and thanks for leaving us for free and put us in a this merda this year.

Houssine Kharja (29 years, Marketvalue: 3.600.000 €):
    Can stay as good sub.

Valon Behrami (27 years, Marketvalue: 8.000.000 €):
    He was our assurance on the midfield this season.

Marco Marchionni (31 years, Marketvalue: 1.600.000 €):
    No place in our team for him in the next season.

Amidu Salifu (19 years, Marketvalue: 850.000 €):
    Better contract for him and he schould have much playtime next season. he very impressed me. i like to see him like a sixth man in basket next season.

Andrea Lazzari (27 years, Marketvalue: 4.200.000 €):
    I expected more from him. i give him antoher year. cause he is a good player.

Ruben Olivera (29 years, Marketvalue: 1.800.000 €):
    All i saw from him is he is slow. this late transfer i diddn't understood. he is expandable. via!

Juan Vargas (28 years, Marketvalue: 12.500.000 €):
    If he stays i'm happy, if he leaves us we get at least a nice cash.

Kofi Agyei (20 years, Marketvalue: 300.000 €):
    I want see him play.

Strikers

Alessio Cerci (24 years, Marketvalue: 7.000.000 €):
    He made some important goals this season, We need a partner for Jove, and the roll of a sub candyboy doesn't likes... so ...via and take the money.
    But If he really wants stay at Firenze, we schould bound him for some years, maybe...

Amauri (31 years, Marketvalue: 3.500.000 €):
    I kicked out two brasilians. he can stay when he accept to be a sub with some playtime.

Adem Ljajic (20 years, Marketvalue: 7.500.000 €):
    Yeah i liked this guy very much. 20 years old, good shot, good dribbling. Good friend from Jove.....
    Cause this Story with Rossi, we have to break the bound of Nasta, Jove and Adem. I hate it to fire this talented striker even offensive midfield.
    Dortmund is interested in him. I see him progress well in Germany if..

Stevan Jovetic (22 years, Marketvalue: 20.000.000 €):
    If Ljajic leaves us i don't know how the moral of Jovetic is. Maybe his motivation to leave Firenze grows when some bigclub makes an offer that everybody cant' say no to.

Boadu Maxwell Acosty (20 years, Marketvalue: 350.000 €)
    the 5th guy from Ghana! i like to see him like 5th striker of the A-Team. What i've read so far in the viola youth thread is: he can score.

Damn i see now at the violachannel homepage:
    -On the goalkeepers position we have Lezzerini and Manfredini too. No question Neto has to go.

-I forgot also the talented LB/RB? Rozzio in the defense, he has to be part of the A-Team. Nastasic and Camporese can also play LB/RB so defense we can stay like last season.
    and Gulan is also loaned somewhere.

-On midfield i forgot Campanharo who could be the sub for the sub...but midfield we need at least on big caliber reeinforcement.

-On attack i forgot Matos Ryder...as 6th attacker for the worst case. We need a guy like Batigol in the attack, second big transfer this summer.
    Babacar on loan learning fast dribblings in spain. He was starter vs Barca some months ago.

FORZA FIORENTINA

2. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I agree with most of your suggestions but I want to see an attitude adjustment from Kharja or he can hit the road, too.

First things first, we need a DS and a manager. Straight away. Cognini said, after yesterday's match, that the society has made its choices and that those two positions will be settled very soon, which is imperative, I think.

I think Lazzari is a Serie A caliber left mezz'ala, he's just not very good in any other role. I'd like to see who our manager will be, and what his preferred formation is before I get too specific but I am generally ok with our back line, which has one of the beat defensive records in the league. Biggest focus has to be attack and midfield. Amauri hadn't played enough this season before we got him to really show what he could do as a regular for us. I am willing to give him a chance but I'd also like to go after someone like Pinilla. Cerci is growing on me a bit. He's obviously talented and his attitude seems to be improving.

It all depends on the formation, though.

3. Payback

Payback Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Switzerland
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Agree. So nomore trequartista role for him.

Totally agree, he steals a benchplace of a Ghana youngster. If he dont delivers what we expect from him he can hit the road.

Unfortunatly on me a bit too. It was not an easy season for him. In his good games it was a pure pleasure to watch him with his dribblings and his enormous speed. And he's only 24.

Shure but our boys who build the skelleton for our team next season, can play all formations after this crappy season.
    Every Formation needs a regista/trequartista and a tank bomber. So thats all we need.

4. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Well if we are using a 4-man backline then I think we could probably get by without Natali and just keep Gamberini, Nastasic, Camporese and Rozzio. If we keep Natali and use a 4-man backline I doubt that Camporese would get enough playing time to develop.

Also, whether or not we are using wingers would make a big difference on who stays or comes.

The only role that I feel that we definitely need, before we know what formation our incoming manager prefers, is a central midfield creator.

5. Maarek

Maarek Member

May 10, 2009
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Estonia
    He is out of contract soon therefore should leave as Montolivo.

6. Payback

Payback Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Switzerland
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Paolo Rozzio is CB, ok was bad informed. He played U-19/20.
    Wow from where we have all these talented young players?! We really need a coach who can form them well.
    so, Via Natali.

7. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    The front runner for the DS position seems to be Lele Oriali. He's an interista who worked closely with Mourinho when he was there. Oriali played most of his career with Inter but spent his last three seasons with us. He was a defensive mid and was on Italy's 1982 championship side.

He has spent his post-playing years with Bologna, Parma and Inter. At Inter he signed the following players according to Wikipedia.it...

di Cordoba, Martins, Adriano, Materazzi, Toldo, Vieri, Stankovic, Cruz, Mihaijlovic, Veron, Julio Cesar, Walter Samuel, Figo, Maicon, Vieira, Ibrahimović, Ronaldo, Crespo, Cambiasso, Eto'o, T. Motta, Sneijder, Pandev e Milito.

8. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i think montella would be the perfect fit as your manager, and the perfect next logical step in his career; what do you guys think?

also large scale personal changes needed, it is definitely a project and i don't think jovetic be willing to stick around to wait it out, because he surely will have many big many offers (hopefully one from us :) )

just my $.02

9. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    It would be too much like getting Sinisa again for me.

I think it'll be someone like Ranieri or Mazzarri.

10. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    why would mazzarri leave? ranieri seems much more likely to me. he must be on the short list, although i don't know how successful he'd really be

11. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    He came up through our youth ranks, he doesn't seem to be held in much esteem in Napoli, we have Serie A-calibre defenders, he enjoys modern amenities like hot showers and such...

Those are just some reasons off the top of my head.

12. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  13. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think you need to create a few new usernames to spruce up the convo on here like use Roma fans....

Vulpinous repped this.
  14. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Totally. Only, who has the time?

15. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That's where the dedication comes in.

NickyViola repped this.
  16. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    New stories are saying Daniele Prade is now the front runner for the DS position.

17. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I thought I read he is gonna get the DG job rather than DS. Either way, uggghhh...

18. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL... im warming back up to him now he managed to beat Conte

19. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Prade, in a rush, brought in Menez and Baptista when Mutu broke his last minute deal with Roma. Awful replacements for a pretty bad first choice.

Let's go Red Bull Fiorentina!

20. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  21. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Ranieri had a very interesting reaction to being offered the Viola job....

22. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
  23. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    hahaha ;) a Romanista/Napolitano, I hope it feels gooddddd

24. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Not the way I had it all mapped out in my head....

25. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    bah he is about as much Napolitano as a plat of pollenta...