Time for a scarf dang-it!!

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by abilenecosmos, Jul 16, 2005.

1. abilenecosmos

abilenecosmos Member

Nov 2, 2004
    The Rock
    It seems to me that we as a group of supporters need to get together on some scarf designs. While the one produced by MLS is fine, it is a little plain for my taste, and does not really reflect the personality/identity of the team. If there are already ideas for this then point me to them please, and close this thread, but I am tired of seeing the jerks in Illinoise take the piss out of us with their scarfs.

2. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with you...

Got any cool ideas you want to share?

3. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    I'm with you, too, but my espresso (4 shots) hasn't kicked in yet, so I'll get back to you.

4. abilenecosmos

abilenecosmos Member

Nov 2, 2004
    The Rock
    My artistic abilities tap out at stick figures, but I would think hoops would be a good idea, and perhaps slap "come and take it" on there. Perhaps the FCD logo on one end, and a cannon on the other, and stripes short ways across the scarf. I would mock one up but you dont want that. ;)

5. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    how about we wait until next season and make a quadruple(mlscup, Sup. Shield, USOC, Brimstone) winning commemorative scarf..

6. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe we can do both?

7. abilenecosmos

abilenecosmos Member

Nov 2, 2004
    The Rock
    Why should wait until next season to make a scarff its not like we cant make one now, and one some other time as well.

8. italchacao

italchacao New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Austin TX
    haven't worn a scarf in many years, but I'd like one

9. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    What type of scarf would reflect "the personality" of a team that plays its games in Texas in August?

We're not England. Frankly, I don't give a crap if the Fire fans have gold-laced scarves. Plenty of good teams in the world have supporters who don't have really cool scarves. I suggest making one of your own or getting used to the low-tech MLS model.

10. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So that's 5 Yeas
    and 1 nay

What kind of scarf? Maybe a lightweight scarf made of dri-fit material (like Jerseys are) instead of yarn/wool.

Maybe we could make 'em with 'medical ice' inserts - freeze the scarf before the game and take it out for a cool refreshing game time experience :)

11. Armis36

Armis36 Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Garland, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL! I like the way you think :D

12. abilenecosmos

abilenecosmos Member

Nov 2, 2004
    The Rock
    ok, as sad as my artistic abilities are, I will try and come up with an idea. I just thought it would be a good idea to not rely on MLS to produce our only options.

13. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FCD design is fine.

I would like another, though. I have, in the past, worn my Burn scarf along with my Forest scarf.

My idea is as follows:
    FCD insignia on both ends.
    On top, centered, samll letters "FC Dallas."
    Middle, across the length of the scarf, with enough room for the FCD sig, "WE HATE CHIGAGO"
    Underneath, centered, small letters "They suck."

Cheers!
    Sir Drinxalot, vox fatum and healer of the Goddess Divia

FCDORF. I do, I will.

14. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    Ok, I give in. If you guys want a scarf w/ Islamico taking a leak Calvin-style on Mike Segroves, I'm all for it. Hell, I might even buy one of those. :)