Timbers-TFC friendly on Oct. 28

Discussion in 'Portland Timbers' started by atlanticTFCfan, Oct 5, 2007.

1. TFCMANU

TFCMANU Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Parkdale/Newmarket
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Guy's it's called fied turf and yes it was used for the under 20 world cup...FIFA approved.
    http://www.fieldturf.com/soccer/ins...stallDate+DESC,+installID+DESC&formSubmit=yes

2. Totalnerd

Totalnerd New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Over 6000, about what we averaged during the season. For me that's pretty good, considering the game was over a month after the last game we played during the playoffs. The marketing was OK, but not great.

I am very optimistic about next season, just wish we didn't have to wait 6 months for it to get here.

3. The Marquis

The Marquis Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Washougal, WA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah somewhere around 6700 I believe (I could be a hundred or two off). I didn't see ANY promotion of it anywhere but the Portland Tribune (a local Tues/Fri paper with a decent readership, not our main paper by any stretch). Even then, the Tribune failed the mention the match in their Timbers spot that they do almost every time around on Friday of the previous week. It wasn't even announced till October I don't believe. The West End had a good number, but the North End was a little smaller than it had been the previous 7 matches. Despite some things, it was an incredible match and awesome to watch some really impressive football.

GO TIMBERS!

4. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that's a great crowd for an off season friendly. Heck, most of the league can't even draw that for a regular season game with playoff implications. Great job by both the team/front office and fans in Portland.

5. zidja

zidja Member

Jul 26, 2006
    For what sounds like little promotion and a meaningless time of year, that's pretty good. Good for you guys. I look forward to seeing you guys clobber some MLS in the usopen next year. (oooh... how good would it be if it were seattle!)