Timbers/Sounders match=MLS FTW!

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by bowlingballhead, Jul 10, 2011.

1. blackedoutfriction

Jan 10, 2009
    Portland
    Its kind of funny. This story comes out from a preseason game last year and people wonder why supporters groups leadership are on pins and needles. Here's the recap. Stupid loner Timbers fan talked some trash to the wrong people. Stupid pissed off Seattle fans roughed him up. If this was college football it gets blown off and nobody says a word. It's soccer so it gets blown up and the term hooliganism gets thrown around.

There is one thing Don Garber fears and that's a brawl happening in the stands. Not because it's any different that what happens anywhere else (once saw a Jack Daniels bottle chucked into a Sooner section at the Red River Shootout with an ensuing brawl) but because it's soccer it will get the headlines of "Hooliganism comes to America."

There is a higher standard with soccer in this country and steps should and are being taken to make sure that incidents don't happen.

2. LyotoM

LyotoM Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    i dont even wanna click the link ... its about americans trying to say violence and soccer are unamerican....yet there are more fights at football and baseball games.

3. KnucklesBuchanan

Jul 12, 2007
    Section 149
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I'd bet more than a dollar that it wasn't any member of the ECS or the TA that was involved in that event. Every time I've seen any sort of dickheadedness from a Sounders "fan" at a game it was always some drunken jackass (I hate to use the term "frat boy," for fear of offending those who are members of fraternities and aren't that sort of person, but these guys fit the stereotype of "drunken frat boy") who just wanted to mix it up with someone supporting the opposing team. Hell, I've walked through the tailgates at RFK and been handed beers while wearing my Sounders jersey. The supporters may talk a good game, but the don't generally appear to me to be the ones causing the trouble.

4. Wazzu Gunner

Wazzu Gunner Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Ballard, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The term you are looking for is "meathead"

5. LyotoM

LyotoM Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    i thought meatheads only watched throwball...

6. Jonsland

Jonsland New Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    While I am A loyal Union Fan I Must Give credit where credit is do and say that the Timbers have an excellent fan base. That stadium knows how to make noise and I do find it very enjoyable when they score at home and a lumber jack cuts a piece of tree...I consider the Sounders/Timbers just as big of a rivalry as Philadelphia/New York or LA Galaxy/Chivas...Just Saying

7. ritsoccer86

ritsoccer86 Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Thats what I thought...