Tim Howard Nike Commercial Acquisition

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by Chicago1871, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There have been a huge number of threads praising this commercial, and rightly so. It's classic Nike TV ad stuff. [I love the new Duct Tape ad campaign in both television and magazine formats.]

A tip for all those looking to have this commercial and ad it to their collection: Go to nikefootball.com and check out the "Make a 'zine" section (icon is at the bottome right corner of the screen). From there you must find it among the videos in the top jumble of the page. Once you view it, it is yours.

[Immediately after viewing the commercial(s)]
    1. Right click on your Internet Explorer icon and select 'properties."
    2. Under the middle menu, select 'Settings.'
    3. You then have 3 choices. Click on 'View Files' and scroll all the way to the bottom of the window. At the bottom should be the files from the Nike wedsite. Included in those files will be Shockwave Flash items. The larger files are the ones you are looking for. The spot with Howard is called "elevator_soccer."
    4. Copy the file and store it where you choose.
    5. Right click the file that you have saved in a new folder and select 'Open With.'
    6. Choose the Internet Explorer option to open the file with and enjoy your new Nike commercial.

PS, among the video's on the website are 'Doll Target Practice,' and 'Davids' Streetball.'

Enjoy.

2. geordienation

geordienation Moderator

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    That is awesome.

LOVE the Howard video. Thanks for the find.

3. Femfa

Femfa New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Cool. It's great to see Timmy in action.

4. American40

American40 Member

Jan 9, 2003
    Give me a clue as to which in that jumble of clips it is!

5. stanleyt

stanleyt Member

Dec 7, 1998
    Harlem, USA
    There's another one w/ Edgar Davids schooling some B'ball players on their court(Rucker Park?). Pretty good as well.

You've gotta hand it to the swoosh. Slave labor and overinflated prices on products aside, they know how to set up ad campaigns.

Are they still using Widen & Kennedy to film their spots?

6. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll give you a hint: It was the last one I found when I was looking. :)

(You really just have to click on couple till you find it. It's a process of elimination.)

7. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know how many clips were there? Counting the ones i ended up "fishing" for i have 17 (inc. the 6 contained in the Adu window, 4 of the LA dribblers, and the rest)

8. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just saw it for the first time, via the website. Despite a huge Man Utd following over here, the ad's not on Australian television (not as far as I know, not yet).

Awesome!! Great ad, with the fast pace and all.

And the look on Timmy's face at the end... abso-friggin-lutely priceless. :D

The ad, with all the hype of it on BigSoccer, was well worth waiting to see.

9. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finding it is like the proverbial "needle in the haystack" kind of search. But it's well worth finding, and there are some other really cool spots, too.

10. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True...I already got Timmy's commercial, plus i had seen it on Fox....I just wanted to make sure i got all the other ads as well...That doll commercial is just classic stuff....