Tim Howard: Man. City vs Everton March 24, 2010, 15:45 ET

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by CenterLine, Mar 25, 2010.

1. CenterLine

CenterLine Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I checked the YA-G forum 4 times and I couldn't find a thread about Tim's shut-out against Man. City :eek:.

Tim shut-out Citeh with goals from Cahill(33') and Arteta(85').

I know he's a GK but he's our #1.

I'm still hoping this is just a big mistake on my part and someone actually started a thread.

2. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Wow, yeah this is sad especially considering the amount of posts we get for someone who hasn't seen the field for us in a year. Well done Timmay!

Also, it was unusually slow around here yesterday and we had quite a few games on. Hmm.

3. mikeivan

mikeivan Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually watched the game on FSP and also looked for a thread. I am always surprised by the lack of love for Tim H on BS. He seemed pretty badly injured during the game (3 different times, once by running into the goal after a difficult save and again by landing badly on his back after another difficult save). I have not seen any reports about how seriously he is injured, he did stay in the game, which I believe I heard the announcer say was his 100th consecutive start for Everton. I hope he is OK, (I thought he might have broken a rib on the first injury). Without him, the USA would go three and out in SA, IMHO. GK is the one position where we are clearly superior to England.

4. Jondi10

Jondi10 Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Rome, GA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's been no news on the Everton website or on any Everton forums I visit about Howard's condition. We should know but at least Friday if he's well enough to play in Saturday's game.

5. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's a bit of a stretch that we've got a game Weds and then Sat, but Howard is a tough guy, he'll be there!

6. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I kept looking and hoping for a Tim game-day thread, and finally just posted on the Timmay thread.

It was a great game by Everton and Tim was tough. Even after getting hurt, he made some difficult saves and insisted on staying in. The only thing I saw that he didn't do was take the goal kicks.

Hopefully he'll be ok to go this weekend. He's awesome. And Everton are playing awesome. This is pretty exciting to see how high up they can finish. COYB!

7. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, you guys could have started a Timmy gameday thread when you didn't find one...

But yeah, there's often a lack of goalkeeper gameday threads, and when they do get started there's like 5 posts...

8. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    But then I wouldn't have been able to be disappointed in BS! :D

9. CenterLine

CenterLine Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did start one at the earliest I could, which was at 11: 34 PM:)

10. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great game by Timmy & Everton!!
    :)