Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by When Hell Unfreezes, Nov 23, 2004.

1. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    Not sure if this is the right forum for this, so feel free to move it mods, if you deem it necessary!

I've just started playing PGA Tour and I find it incredibly easy (I was good at Links and the Senior Tour) - I've only been playing for a week and I've been round Poppy Hills in -11, Pebble Beach -10 , Spyglass Hill -10, and Sawgrass -10.

Am I good, or as I suspect, is it just too easy???

Any tips for making it tougher, apart from playing with my eyes shut - maybe I'll try left handed? I always set the conditions as random and play as a Pro - anything else I'm missing?

2. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour

I always use caddy tips for the putting side of the game .Couldnt read the greens if my life depended on it.
    I play the 2004 version of the game on PS2 .Best edition of the game IMHO.
    Loads of courses to choose from .

I have fired some rounds in the low 50s .

3. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London

I can imagine doing that once I get the hang of the putting, but it's just not realistic is it? I love it, the mannerisms, the scenery and course contours, it has potential, but it's just too easy :(

4. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, moving it to games.

5. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got this game (for the PC), so unfortunately I still don't know enough about it to answer your question.

So far, though, the game is really fun. :)

As with most of the other recent EA Sports games, I created myself in the game. This game, even moreso than the other EA Sports games, let me create myself to look almost exactly like me, right down to the dark t-shirts, jeans and black sports shoes... it's uncanny. :eek:

-G

6. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    I've got it for the PC as well - one word of advice, don't play as yourself until you've mastered it, otherwise it ruins your stats - I just created a pseudonym and use that until I get the hang of it :)

7. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does your pseudonym still look like you or look completely different? :)

-G

8. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    Jeez, I haven't looked as good as that for 20 years man :)

I haven't delved far enough into it to see of there's a Craig Stadler lookalike!

9. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    Did Sawgrass in 15 under today!

10. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know what you mean. I took a look at my created self again in the game, and it actually turns out to be me about 5-10 years younger and about 5-10 pounds lighter. :D

-G

11. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome! :)

-G

12. MOGG

MOGG New Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Ireland
    My Best round is 49 shots and it should have been better, The game is way to easy...........

13. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want a good golf game for xbox. It seems to be a tossup between Tiger Woods and Links 2004.

I don't play online so don't care about that.

TW seems to have the edge on courses and gameplay options, but Links sounds like it has better actual gameplay and better graphics as well.

Recommendations?

14. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    I've not seen the latest version of LINKS yet, but the old ones were all good - Tiger Woods is just too easy - I was 9 under after 9 at Pebble Beach the other day and that included 2 bogies.

Anyone know how to change the parameters to yards instead of meters, not that it makes any difference, it's just that I want to know how far I'm hitting it without having to convert?

The old DOS version of LINKS 386 was by far the best and hardest I've come across, although the graphics were sh!te!

MOGG - 49 - Jesus wept that is unbelievable!

15. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    I got the 2005 version today and Jesus, it appears on the surface, to be a lot tougher, I'll let you know guys!

16. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh... per the thread title, I thought "the 2005 version" was what you already had? We are talking about Tiger Woods 2005 by EA Games, right?

17. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    Sorry about that, but I didn't realise I'd been given the older version, until the guy who gave me it asked me if I wanted the more up-to-date one, as I was finding it too easy.

I've only tried it twice and it is a lot tougher e.g. more critical of your swing as you increase the levels of expertise! I practised a bit, then went round Troon North in 5 under, having been 9 under at one stage - stilll need to master the putting :(

18. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm quite relieved to read that, as the game I've been referring to in this thread was the 2005 version... and I haven't been finding it "too easy" at all. :D

-G

19. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    The game I cant stop playing right now is.....

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 on PS2. This game is a blast. Im playing like 72 holes a day. Its fun starting out as a hack then honing your skills and working your way up. Picking up sponsors and cash along the way.

I absolutely love this game.

I highly recommend picking one up for yourself if you have the means.

20. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    On the true to life courses Im always under par. But the damn Greek Isles and Paradise Cove courses eat my lunch.

21. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got the game, and played Sawgrass at 45. Should have been a 44 but I lipped out on 15.

T