Tiffeny Milbrett tries on a new jersey

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Dandal, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    [​IMG]
    Tiffeny Milbrett, who has signed a 2 month deal with swedish premier division side Sunnanå, arrived in Sweden yesterday, tried on a jersey and talked to the press. Local daily published a close to 5 minutes long web-tv interview (quicktime, 12 MB) here: http://www.norran.se/web-tv/tiffenymilbrett.mov, which I thought could interest some of you.

Kristine Lilly and Kate Markgraf, who has also signed 2 month contracts but with another club (Pia Sundhage's KIF Örebro), will arrive during the weekend. Two other ex-WUSA players are already in Sweden: Mary Frances Monroe with KIF Örebro and Venus James, who is on her second season with champions Djurgården/Älvsjö.

2. Tom T

Tom T New Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Soccer Wasteland
    Seemed to work for Welsh!

3. MichelobLightSoccer

MichelobLightSoccer New Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks for the link, Dandal! That video shows an excited, well-rested, ready-to-give-it-her-all Millie. We'll see in these next 2 months how she performs. I hope we haven't seen the last of her here in the US.

4. milbrett

milbrett New Member

Apr 9, 2000
    MA
    Milbrett scores (gw) in first game Sunnana wins 2-0

5. dbanzai

dbanzai New Member

Jun 19, 2004
    And to think WUSA was about to announce the signing Hanna Ljungberg when it folded. Now so many American WUSA players are gong to Sweden.

This may be a good sign though... They'll be in shape should there be a league in the U.S. in '06. That's something some people were concerned about.

6. suncraver03

suncraver03 New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Way to go, Millie!

Welcome back!

7. Ender

Ender Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Radnor
    The confused guy who just walked into her picture is priceless.

8. SteveMcCartney

SteveMcCartney Red Card

Mar 24, 2005
    on this crazy planet
    if she made it with her club what does it mean for the US national team ?

9. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    She did mention after the signing that she will try to get back to the US WNT. But I haven't a clue how the US WNT are picked.

10. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    neither does anyone else - but since there's basically no WNT program for this year Millie's future is going to be down to her performance and the outlook of the new coach (whoever that is / whenever s/he's hired).

11. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    So in other word May 8 could be a very important date for Milbrett, depending on if Pia get the gig or not. :)
    Sunnanå is playing Örebro that date.

12. ThatOne

ThatOne New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Now that would be a fun game to watch. See some of the greats play with and against each other.

13. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dayum if airfare to Stockholm wasn't so expensive, I might try to get over there for that.

I'd go to the game with a sign saying something about loving seeing Lil and Millie on the same field again...even if it is in different jerseys.

:D

14. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    The first regular season match happened on Wednesday. Tiff scored a PK but Sunnanå lost 2-1.

15. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Flying to Scandinavia to Watch Women's "Fotball"

Yesterday I bought a roundtrip ticket from San Diego to Oslo for my 2005 Norwegian Women's Fotball Tur and paid $700 which I thought was an extremely good rate considering that I'm leaving the Friday before Memorial Day. I'm actually flying on American from Dallas/Ft. Worth to London and then on to Oslo and am very relieved that I won't be going anywhere near New York on that holiday weekend. :cool:

Just for fun, since I still have the aa.com site up on my computer, I put in a couple of dates in May and came up with several roundtrip flights from Dallas/Ft. Worth to Stockholm for $600. I don't know how much you expect to pay for flying from the U.S. to Sweden, but $600 seems fairly reasonable to me.

16. milbrett

milbrett New Member

Apr 9, 2000
    MA
    Well Team Millie lost to Team Lilly 3-4
    but if my attempt at reading swedish is right... Millie had a hat-trick!!! :D

17. SteveMcCartney

SteveMcCartney Red Card

Mar 24, 2005
    on this crazy planet

I didn't know if Milbrett is in the same league with Lilly since Lilly has never mentioned her in the kristine lilly official website, only Markgraf & MFM.

18. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Same League different teams, unlike Markgraf & MFM who plays for the same team as Lilly. Those two teams recently meet, it was in that game Milbrett scored a hat-trick:
    http://www.kristinelilly13.com/kristine/journal05/journal_050905.htm

Lilly have mentioned Milbrett in a few earlier journals, although very briefly.

19. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Ugh, bad flashbacks to WUSA 2001. WUSA is gone, no more 'Player X' vs 'Player Y' please! :p

And yes, Milbrett did get a hat trick in the losing cause.

20. ur_land

ur_land New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Great to hear that they are doing well and getting match fit.

21. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    Tiffeny has according to the swedish site Damfotboll.com reached an agreement with Sunnanå for at least another 7 matches in addition to her present 6 match deal. This second period will start with a match August 13.

22. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    Here is Tiffeny in her new uniform:

[​IMG]