Tickets Trade

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by lpporto, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lpporto

lpporto Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ----------------------------------------

As I was reading the topic I saw that some people got more tickets than they were expecting. Some other didn't get all the games they wanted and a few got drawed twice for the same game.

I got 1 TST 6 and 1 TST 5 for Brazil on the first draw(4 tickets per match - total of 8 ticktes per match and only 5 people going). Therefore I have more tickets than I need for those games. Meanwhile, when I tryed buying 12 more individual games i only got 4 of them.

I do not wanna sell it and make money. I would like to trade them with people on the same situation as I am.

So I would like to make a trade topic. People who could meet each other at South Africa and trade the tickets.

I have 3 TST5 for Brazil's game

I want
    C1 X C2 - Waiting the 2nd draw result
    E1 X E2 - Waiting the 2nd draw result
    G1 X G2
    G1 X G3
    H1 X H3 - Waiting the 2nd draw result
    F4 X F1
    H4 X H1
    R16 - 1C X 2D
    R16 - 1F X 2E
    QF - 1 X 3 - Waiting the 2nd draw result
    QF - 6 X 8
    FINAL

I'll probably trade all the 5 tickets for 1 ticket to watch the final(but i have to talk to my other friends).

It might be too soon for this, but, we can start to make deals.

2. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Which games are they, then?

That's the catch. Anyone with tickets (except SF/Final) might already have a ticket to one of those games, we don't know yet.

They might also turn out to be the games that are on your want list, no?

3. lpporto

lpporto Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's possible, but I'll take the chances. If it happens I change it again. LOL

Anyway, I would only trade it in South Africa. So there will be enough time to wait for the draw.

The TST 5 for Brazil is the 3 phases group games, round of 16 and quarter finals.

4. KFCSTADIUM

KFCSTADIUM New Member

May 20, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    i think its a good idea to set up a trade section here, as many people did apply with the view of looking to swap tickets with other fans as per previous touranments. i for one applied for Ireland TST tickets (hoping we get there of course) however if we dont qualify id still like to catch some games as i have now missed out on 2 tornaments, i threw in a few single tickets, and tst from other countries in the hope of trading and low and behold got a mexico tst 7 for me and my partner!!!!! looks like mexico will be my second team.....

so i either trade these ticktes for games i want to see, if i cannot do so ill still go to sa and catch some games including the final which will be amazing....

5. usaforthecup

usaforthecup Member

Apr 17, 2009
    I think the idea is good but it is just too early. After December 4th (the draw) then it will be obvious to people which games they want to go to and which tickets they will relinquish. And a lot of those tickets will be for good games but just not viable to the holder due to travel plans. Maybe some thought should be given to the logistics of swapping tickets and not the actual tickets themselves at this point. There are two options - a virtual swap in the future (with FIFA's approval you could transfer tickets - worked last time but a big pain) or an actual swap in person (because the applicant's credit card is requried to pick up the tickets). I am not talking to the fact that in reality you didn't need to have the tickets in your name (the applicant) in 2006 to attend games - this is different because tickets will not be mailed. And to answer Timafaya above, this is true in part but some people already know what they won't use - they plan to book a flight getting into JB June 19 but have tickets already for June 14 etc. etc. They didn't think they would end up with a 80% success ratio on tickets in phase I etc. So unless anyone has any ideas how person A can trade with person B - and if person A decides after December 4 that they no longer want to trade for any reason - then how do you proceed - I guess a gentleman's agreement - then I think the trade thing is premature at best.

6. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Agreed.

What we need is to accumulate a nice big list of swappers, and some ideas about how we can do the exchanges in SA. Then, after the draw we can seriously get down to business, I reckon.

My friend or I (depending on the draw) will probably have some spare tickets to:
    38 or 39
    41 or 43

7. lpporto

lpporto Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Please describe the games... who against who, even though we have only letters and numbers.

41 might interest me

8. yessam1277

yessam1277 Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Haiti
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have 50,52,54,55,58,60,62 4 tickets each CAT1

I am willing to trade any 2-3-4 game combination from 50,52,54,55,58,60 to get the other semi final 61 and/or final 64.
    Has to be at least 2 tickets... We are 4 friends going together...but we could split 2-2

9. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Hey everyone, the logistics of this trip has been a nightmare for me :( some of my friends who initially wanted to go were affected by the economic downturn and cannot afford it, Iothers want a firm figure before they splash out. Since there are a few tours coming out of the US, I may just follow the US games as part of that group instead of doing everything myself with no help, at least they take care of the transportation and the hotel.

So potentially I have the following games up for trade:

Match 20 - B1 v B3 - 17 June, Johannesburg 20.30 CAT2 x 4
    Match 29 - G1 v G3 - 20 June, Johannesburg 20.30 CAT2 x 4
    Match 22 - C4 v C2 - 18 June, Johannesburg 16.00 CAT2 x 4
    Match 26 - E4 v E2 - 19 June, Pretoria 20.30 CAT2 x 4
    Match 8 - D3 v D4 - 13 June, Pretoria 20.30 CAT2 x 4

I'll have to wait for the draw to see who's playing and where I will be on those days. Also have 4x cat 2 to the SF 61 in capetown, willing to trade that for a few group games that will work to the benefit of my travel schedule.

10. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    i trade your semi final for my semi final in durban

also have 2TST3 cat 1 england to trade for a pair final

11. shaunsindelman

Apr 23, 2009
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm waiting to hear from the other 2 members of my party but I can state right now that my wife and I won't be able to go to South Africa which means I potentially have 2 sets of tickets to get rid of.

Match 09 - E1 v E2 - 14 June, Johannesburg 13.30 CAT3
    Match 20 - B1 v B3 - 17 June, Johannesburg 20.30 CAT3
    Match 29 - G1 v G3 - 20 June, Johannesburg 20.30 CAT3

12. adespadey

adespadey New Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Club:
    Huddersfield Town FC
    You want 2 Final Tickets for 2 tst 3 england!
    You are living in cloud cuckoo land.

13. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    wishful thinking, perhaps

14. lpporto

lpporto Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'll know what I can trade on december 4th

15. MarNic

MarNic New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    NC
    I think it's a good idea to state what you may have to trade before the draw.
    I intend to go to all of my games but it will depend on Englands draw. It also looks unlikely that I can now go to Durban.

I have:

C1 v C2 Rust x2 Cat 1 12th June (Due to flight may like to exchange for B1 v B2 in JNB on same day).
    D3 v D4 Pret x2 Cat 2 13th June
    A1 v A3 Pret (need this game)!:eek:
    B1 v B3 JNB x4 Cat 3 17th June
    E1 v E3 Durbs x4 Cat 3 19th June
    H1 v H3 JNB x2 Cat 1 21st June

I enjoyed swapping many tix for Germany 2006! Good luck in the draw!

16. lpporto

lpporto Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have:

JNB - Soccer City - E1 x E2
    JNB - Ellis Park - G1 x G2
    JNB - Soccer City - B1 x B3
    JNB - Soccer City - G1 x G3
    JNB - Soccer City - D4 x D1

Round of 16
    JNB - Soccer City - 1B x 2A
    JNB - Ellis Park - 1G x 2H

Quarter-Finals
    JNB - Soccer City - 1 X 3

+ a TST 6 to Brazil and will try to buy a TST 7 on next phase. So, after the draw, I might be able to trade a few tickets.

17. lazyasian

lazyasian New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How did you get a TST and separate matches? I got a TST-3 for the Netherlands, and it won't let me buy individual match tickets any more...

18. lpporto

lpporto Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    2 ways. They both works perfectly.

If you are going with someone you know, you buy tickets for both of you he can do the same. One tries for TST, the other for individual tickets. Or you can just make another profile. If you wanna be carefully, try using some initials instead of full name, drivers license instead of passport number and use a different credit card.

19. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    here's what i have - let me know if any of you have an interest in the durban matches in particular...

4 tickets for each game - (Category 3):
    1. Match 2 - A3 v A4 - 11 June 20:30 Green Point Stadium (Cape Town)
    2. Match 7 - D1 v D2 - 13 June 16:00 Durban Stadium (Durban)
    3. Match 9 - E1 v E2 - 14 June 13:30 Soccer City Stadium (Johannesburg)
    4. Match 16 - H1 v H2 - 16 June 16:00 Durban Stadium (Durban)
    5. Match 20 - B1 v B3 - 17 June 20:30 Soccer City Stadium (Johannesburg)

2 tickets for each game - (Category 2):
    1. Match 7 - D1 v D2 - 13 June, Durban - Durban Stadium - 16.00
    2. Match 14 - G1 v G2 - 15 June, Johannesburg - Ellis Park - 20.30
    3. Match 20 - B1 v B3 - 17 June, Johannesburg - Soccer City - 20.30
    4. Match 23 - C1 v C3 - 18 June, Cape Town - Green Point - 20.30

hit me up...

20. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Just so everyone knows, we're still determining whether we'll allow these sorts of threads between now and the World Cup. In 2006 these threads largely turned into places where 90% of posts were scalpers/touts directly or indirectly spruiking their wares or looking to buy tickets.

For the time being, let's stick to these tentative rules:
    • 1-for-1 swaps only
    • No sales above face value/'administration charges'/whatever
    • No linking to scalping sites (even if you're not affiliated and are just trying to help out another poster)
    Please report all posts not meeting these criteria.

If scalpers approach you via PM (or someone appearing to be a legitimate swapper on here turns out to be a scalper after a PM/email exchange) please report it to one of the FIFA mods.

Scalping or advertising scalping sites may result in an immediate ban from BigSoccer.

21. VAMOS MEXICO

VAMOS MEXICO New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thank you Caesar for setting-up this basic rules for tix exchanges between us (BS fans).

Its going to help us a lot.:)

Just don't forget that we have to meet in SA, before the matches to phisicaly exchange them.

I have 2 sets per match for:

29, 39, 52, 58 & 60.

I will know on Friday which ones I'm keeping.

Good luck with the draw to u all!

22. lpporto

lpporto Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    When I opened this thread I intend to use it for trades only. No cash involved unless if it's for paying difference between face values.
    I can sell my tickets here in Brazil but my intention is to watch as much games as I can, so I don't intend selling any of my tickets here.

I would also ask for anybody that wants to trade to put this following info here:

Game description (B1 x B2 , QF, R16, etc) - Categoty - Date/hour - City.

It make it easier for who is searching then using only the game number.

23. lpporto

lpporto Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    These are the tickets that I have to trade

2 tickets to each game
    Brazil x North Korea - 15/JUN - Jo'burg - CAT 2 - face value USD 120 each
    Brazil x Ivory Cost - 20/JUN - Jo'burg - CAT 1 - face value USD 160 each

I also have 2 tickets for each of these games above that I might trade if Brazil classifies as 1st on his group. I might decide to trade earlier, but right now I'm willing to wait.

R16 - 1G X 2H - 28/JUN - Jo'burg - cat 3 - face value USD 100 each
    QF - (1A-2B x 1C-2D) - Jo'burg - cat 1 - face value USD 300 each

For any of those tickets, I want a game with a seeding team or France in Jo'Burg, Pretoria or Rustenburg. Of course I'm interested at the semis and final to.

If you are interested in any of those tickets, please MP me.

24. Bailz

Bailz Member

Apr 19, 2006
    I have a Cat 2 ticket for Italy v Paraguay if anybody is intrested. Would like to swap for an England group game ticket if possible?

25. BoughtMyPoints

BoughtMyPoints New Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    I am looking for multiple tickets for England v USA in Rustenburg 12 June

I have the following to trade, 4 tickets for each match :

12 June Port Elizabeth Greece v. So Korea

Match 10 - E3 v E4 - 14 June, Bloemfontein 16.00 Japan vs. Cameroon

Match 19 - B4 v B2 - 17 June, Bloemfontein 16.00 Greece v. Nigeria

Match 21 - D1 v D3 - 18 June, Port Elizabeth 13.30 Germany v. Serbia

Match 27 - F4 v F2 - 20 June, Bloemfontein 13.30 Slovakia v. Paraguay