Tickets On The Way!!

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Tim 17, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Tim 17

Tim 17 New Member

Feb 19, 2006
    St Savinien , France
    I see from another soccer forum that tickets have started to be delivered already. This ties-in with my understanding that all orders outside of Germany will be sent by May 1st.

Apparently the tickets are very green in colour.

2. Substance

Substance New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    sydney
    good to hear!

were there any pics taken of the tickets on the other forum?

i cant wait to get mine!!! cant wait to get some pics taken with them :D

3. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah Goleo already has his ticket ;)

[​IMG]

4. Tim 17

Tim 17 New Member

Feb 19, 2006
    St Savinien , France
    Have now seen a picture of the ticket , not very impressive.

No passport number is printed just the holder's name which is a surprise given FIFA's sale and transfer policy.

Web address is www.soccerphile.com/forums and look for 'Tickets in hand' thread.

tim

5. primusux

primusux Member

Mar 17, 2005
    USA
    So tempted to look but I kind of want to wait until they're in my hand. Special moment and all...what to do, what to do...

6. Substance

Substance New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    sydney
    thanks for the link...

the ticket looks just like any ticket ive seen around the world ...

cant see the chip thou in the pic that the guy posted.

if anybody is to lazy to go the thread and find the pic, heres the url for the pic.

http://www.fchammry.com/wcticket.jpg

cant wait to get mine!

7. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    you have to hold it up to the light to see it - the tickets are pretty much the same as the Confederations Cup tickets from last year and some of them worked with chip readers. It doesn't look like a computer chip - more like pattern of concentric rectangles conected to a dark strip in the middle. The ticket itself is quite thick. It's not paper like a normal ticket. It's more like card as used for the cover of a paperback book.

They are (assuming the are the same size as confed cup tickets) about 3" x 8" in size, so those of you who like to keep tickets in pristine condition will need a big pocket. On the plus side, when I used my chip ticket in Frankfurt, they didn't bother tearing off the security strip at the side, so you can be really obsessive and be able to have your ticket in totally mint condition if you wish.

for those who can't wait for all the excitement and desperately want to know what the chip will look like....

[​IMG]