Tickets & Hotel Crew Vs. Wizards Sat 11/01

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by kmmc, Oct 27, 2008.

1. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TICKETS

I just got off the phone with Sam Pierron in KC and right now they have section reserved for Crew fans that can accommodate about 40. If we are able to get more than 40 they will be able to find another section for us. Currently the section reserved is a standing area directly under section 228 where we were at earlier this season. It is highlighted in dark orange in the picture below. If we are able to get a decent sized group the price for a ticket will be under $20.

Sam is waiting to hear back from me on Wednesday when I have a better idea of exactly how many Crew supporters to actually begin purchasing tickets.

So if you are planning on attending the match in KC please respond in this thread, send me a PM, or email me at kmmc @ crewunion.com ASAP

[​IMG]

2. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hotel

I would recommend staying at the Country Inn & Suites at City Village West. The hotel shares a parking lot with the stadium and the very close to several restaurants. I believe the current rate is just under $100 for Saturday night. I'm in the process of contacting the manager to see if there is a group rate available.

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kansas City At Village West
    1805 NORTH 110TH STREET
    KANSAS CITY, KS 66111
    913-299-4700
    http://www.countryinns.com/hotels/kskcvwst

EDIT: The manager said that to get a group rate we would have to commit to a minimum of 10 rooms thus no cancellation without penalty. They currently have at least 50 rooms available for the night of Saturday the 1st. So if there are at least 10 people willing to book a room we can contact them and negotiate the group rate otherwise just book online individually.

3. u4ik

u4ik Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Louisville, KY
    How do you guys make that trip? Columbus to Indy, or do you all pass through Louisville?

4. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    I would assume most people from Columbus would take I-70 since it's a straight shot.

5. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. u4ik

u4ik Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Louisville, KY
    I figured. I was going to try and mooch for a ride. I need to get my resources straight anyway before making a decision to go. I knew buying new jerseys at the game was going to set me back. ;)

7. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roll Call

Here is who I know is committed right now, speak up if you're you'll be in KC. I'll try and touch base with a few of the HSH guys that travel but don't frequent BS to see what their plans are.

Placid Casual
    TonyDanza
    kmmc +2 (My dad and a friend from KC will be joining us)

8. KHT_Crew

KHT_Crew Member+

Mar 29, 2003
    Queen City, OH
    My wife and I are planning to drive down from the Twin Cities for this game but she is not going to want to stand the whole time, so should we plan on certain section for the lounging Black & Gold fans?

Does anyone know how the view is from Section 228?

9. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    Meet up with them in Indy. Shortens your drive a lot.

10. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The reserved standing section is based on a estimate that a max 40 Crew supporters would be making the trip and we haven't finalized where the seats will be. From the feedback I have received thus far I think 15 is more accurate estimate. If we end up with only 15 or so they might put us in 228 or another section with seating. It seems like a lot of people are sitting this trip out that way if the Crew make it to the Cup they can make that trip.

The view from section 228 was better than I expected. The section is elevated and you don't really have to worry about the sun being directly in your face. Section 228 is a little further from the field than what most of us in the Nordecke are used to but the team benches are right below us which was fun.

11. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roll Call

Here is who I know is committed right now, speak up if you're you'll be in KC.

Placid Casual
    TonyDanza
    kmmc +2
    MitchTheButcher
    KHT_Crew +1

12. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Columbus to Indy. God, I wish I could go.

13. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Public Service Announcement: 110toyourleft - Check your PM's

14. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    There's a spare seat on the Placid/Danza/110toyourleft express to Kansas.

PM if you want it.

First play off game in 4 years..........

Do you really want to miss it?

15. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roll Call

Placid Casual
    TonyDanza
    kmmc +2
    MitchTheButcher
    KHT_Crew +1
    110toyourleft
    Froggy's new pants

16. Mitch the Butcher

May 12, 2008
    Des Moines, IA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What time is everyone planning on arriving in KC?

17. KHT_Crew

KHT_Crew Member+

Mar 29, 2003
    Queen City, OH
    kmmc,

Do we have a designated section yet?

I wanted to call them and get the tickets today.

Let me know.

18. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My flight arrives at noon and I'll probably just hang around the airport until my Dad arrives at 2. We should be down around the stadium about 3:30.

19. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just tried calling the KC rep to finalize the section and am waiting to hear back from him. I let him know that we are probably only going to have at most about 20 and that we would like to have a section where seats are available for those that don't want to stand. I'll post as soon as I have more info.

20. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tickets

Crew Supporters will be in the standing section right below section 228. The tickets are $15.00. If you would prefer to have an actual seat a few Crew Supporters will also be in the first row of section 228 (Row 5) right above us. Please call Sam Pierron if you would like seats in section 228.

I have purchased 10 tickets which covers everyone committed so far with one extra. So if you are interested in going and need a ticket send me a PM or you can call Sam Pierron at (913)-387-3400

Roll Call

Placid Casual
    TonyDanza
    kmmc
    +2
    MitchTheButcher
    +1
    KHT_Crew
    +1
    110toyourleft
    Froggy's new pants

21. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
  22. chmk

chmk New Member

Jul 5, 2007
    E. Lane Ave
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's the price we are looking at for the total trip? Could I hitch a ride still? Sorry so last minute :eek:

Since losing my computer in a freak happening in May I haven't been on big soccer... I'm using a public computer just to see about this trip.

23. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, I tried pm-ing Placid Casual yesterday, but haven't heard back from him, so I guess the spot might already be full.

Anyone want to drive to meet me in Indy?

24. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Sorry about not replying sooner. Work is not a fan of sports sites.